Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Hunting
« on: October 29, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
This board is kind of quiet.  Anyone doing any hunting? 

I am off to Kansas for some pheasants this weekend.  Have not been in several years but am looking forward to it.  Bad news is I hear the milo has not been cut.

I still have not shot a duck yet, but may try to sneak off for about 45 minutes before work tomorrow.

Anyone else?
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:19:39 AM »
Got an invite for my son to go up to Kansas last weekend for youth pheasant with a friend of his. They each shot 1. Yes the milow is not cut & the birds gave the dogs hell running throught it. They seem to have alot of cover but we did see quite a few birds. Not going to get out for ML this year my boy is kind of bummed about it. Hopefully gun season & some more bird/rabbit hunting
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
I took off the last weekend of muzzle loader. Had a good time.
Swamp thing showed up or is that a midget in my ghillie.

Checked my buck in with our head honcho.

He gave it a good inspection.

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
Then he gave it a test drive.

he said it handles like a sports car

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline blacknwhite

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »
That's the darkest haired deer I have ever seen come from Oklahoma.

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
Got this little guy on October 26 with my cheap old CVA muzzleloader.  Location:  North of Cache, OK. 

Offline handi270

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:09:28 AM »
I have spent my time puting out feeders, etc.  Trying to get things set up for my son, his brother-in-law, and one of their friends.  They all live in and around Yukon, so they can't come down very often. We have about 400 acres, but are concentrating on a much smaller part that is on the Red River.

I may hunt more away from where they will be hunting.
I have been going out in the mornings looking for hogs on the wheat fields.

It is just great to get out.

Been thinking about getting a crossbow. Anybody here use one? I did not know until a couple of weeks ago that it is now legal for anyone over 60 to use a crossbow in Ok.  No longer need to have doctor documentation of a disablility that you can't use a reg. bow.

The ones I have looked at are pretty pricey, guess I will wait until after the season, may be able to find a used one cheaper.

Be careful and good hunting.

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »
Been quail hunting the last two days and had pretty good luck.  Got 4 yesterday, and had just got going good when the dog bite a porcupine, we got all the quills out and hunted again today and got 11.  About to eat the whole mess in a little bit.  great hunting.

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
I am off to try some geese this weekend with family.  I repainted all my goose heads last spring and am going to break them in either Friday or Saturday.  They look good and will until I get that red dirt on them.

Side note - Talk about a way to make the wife mad, I found it the hard way. It is to tie up the kitchen table with almost 12 dozen honker heads for a few days.   :o

I wil hopefully drop a Sandhill Crane while I am at it.   Have never shot one, but have sure come close.  When I was in Kansas a few weeks ago they were sure flying through.

I buy my permit every year, just in case.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31