Author Topic: State question 742 whats your take  (Read 899 times)

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
State question 742 whats your take
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:28:25 AM »
State Question 742 - In Short: Though some contend it to be unnecessary, SQ 742 essentially solidifies constitutionally an Oklahoman's right to hunt, trap and fish, just in case someone ever wishes to challenge the issue.

Actual Ballot Text:
This measure adds a new section to the State Constitution. It adds Section 36 to Article 2. It gives all people of this state the right to hunt, trap, fish and take game and fish. Such activities would be subject to reasonable regulation. It allows the Wildlife Conservation Commission to approve methods and procedures for hunting, trapping, fishing and taking of game and fish. It allows for taking game and fish by traditional means. It makes hunting, fishing, and trapping the preferred means to manage certain game and fish. The new law will not affect existing laws relating to property rights.

That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Gohon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: State question 742 whats your take
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »
With the ever continuing spread of the likes of PETA and challenges to all hunting it is something long overdue. 

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
I have already heard other states are looking to this and plan to get similar legislation passed in there states.  I do not see it hurting anything that is for sure, and hopefully if they wrote it correctly it will give us some protection to continue with our beloved sports.

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
I agree we need to protect what we have but like you said I hope there are not any loophole for the anti's in it
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »
It passed with around 80%

Offline handi270

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:35:48 AM »
Glad to know it passed.

Most of the time these state questions are worded in such a way that I am not for sure what they mean.

Hope this one is as stated.