Author Topic: 20 ga buckhammer  (Read 1167 times)

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
20 ga buckhammer
« on: October 30, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
Anyone else ever have a FTF with Rem buckhammer slugs shooting my USH today several failures to fire gun worked fine with Hornady and Lightfields Trying to decide gun or ammo problem
                                                                                 Thanks

Offline gary bartlow

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.myspace.com/ilbucksndux
Re: 20 ga buckhammer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:52:26 AM »
It could be the ammo.I have a H&R topper 410 and it has FTF's with Remington and Winchester ammo.It will shoot Federals all day long.Took it to the smith and he offered to put in a slightly longer firing pin,but I decided just to buy the ammo it will shoot.
God created man,Sam Colt made them equal.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
I have put 30 to 40 of the 20ga BuckHammers through my 20ga USH and have never had a FTF.  My USH is on the frame the barrel came with from the factory, not a fitted barrel, if that makes any difference.  The ammo was bought from 3 different places so I doubt they are the same batch or lot #.  I have shot the BuckHammers out of my 12ga Turkey barrel with a rifled choke tube.  That barrel is factory fitted to a .223 frame.  I think I have shot about 40 rounds out if it without a bit of trouble other than a sore shoulder.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
Thanks That what I wondering if maybe a bad lot. Its a factory gun I have a 20 gauge loader think I'll load some shells just with primers to see how it works a little too pricey to use sabots

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »
Out to 50 to 60 yards, my USH likes the cheap Remington Sluggers.  About a 1.5" group at 50 yds.  You can't get much cheaper than that.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"