Author Topic: watching some chatter from PA, WV ..and other coal states  (Read 2775 times)

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: watching some chatter from PA, WV ..and other coal states
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 05:19:22 AM »
 My niece in Buffalo NY has been busting on me for not voting for BO because he is supposedly a friend of the union man. Hmmmmmmmm  I wonder how the United Mineworkers feel about that today.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 06:35:53 AM »
MS:  That is how Clinton became presedent, so many of us voted for the man we felt would do the best job.  He lost and so did the Republican, Bob Dole.  Then we were stuck with Wild Willy, for 8 years, and the assult weapons ban. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 06:46:19 AM »
that  ban  was the work  of  JOE THE BIDEN  and  he  will be back with  more power  backed  by  obama  ,pelosi and reed

we  got clinton  and bidens gun ban  courtasy  of ross  perrot

your 3rd party at  work
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »
your 3rd party at  work

Only if you assume that the whole of the voters for the 3rd candidate were disgruntled former Republicans.  There are at least as many disgruntled former Democrats voting for 3rd party as there are Republicans.  Take away Ross Perot's candidacy, and a large chunk of his voters would have voted Democrat instead.  The same is true for current 3rd party voters. The majority of Libertarian voters that I've spoken with personally would vote for Obama rather than McCain if the Libertarian option wasn't available.

As a funny twist of events, all the Democrats tend to blame Ralph Nader for Al Gore losing to Bush in 2000.  Both parties make that mistake of thinking every vote for the 3rd party candidate was a vote that they would have gotten instead.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:26 AM »
This is poop!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
If a libratarian would vote obama he aint a libratarian. republicans are a whole lot closer than dems.

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »
MGMorden  how  old  are  you??

all  this  what   if  sinarios

the dems  and repubs  have been  entrenced for 200  years

if  a 3rd party ever  did get elected  he  would have
all  the  REPUBLICRATS  trying to run  him  out  of down

i  have  been a libertarian  for  20  years.....don't know any one there  that  would vote  OBAMA
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 01:12:03 PM »
One of my sons voted 3rd party today,  I commend him for that,  even though I voted against Obama and held my nose for McCain,  I am glad he has the integrity to do what he thinks is right.  He's very young, this was his first vote.   He knows how I feel too,  I think we need to keep Obama from messing it up the U.S.  bad, but he still did what he thought was right.  He's as free as free can be, God bless him.  As for me...If I'm playing poker and I know the other guy has me beat...I fold....so I'm not going to be hard on myself for voting against Obama...by voting for McCain.   We all do what we think is best I guess, I hold no grudge against anyone who votes third party,  but it does baffle my why anyone would vote for Obama.  Even if you were a die hard Democrat for life, that has got to be hard to swallow.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
MGMorden  how  old  are  you??

all  this  what   if  sinarios

the dems  and repubs  have been  entrenced for 200  years

if  a 3rd party ever  did get elected  he  would have
all  the  REPUBLICRATS  trying to run  him  out  of down

i  have  been a libertarian  for  20  years.....don't know any one there  that  would vote  OBAMA

I'm 27, and know plenty Libertarians who would vote for Obama if they were forced into a two party mindset.  Republicans have a similar stance on guns and level of government compared to Libertarians.  Views on religion, involvement in foreign affairs, various other issues (drugs, prostitution, abortion, etc) tend to lean towards the Democratic position more. It all depends on what your key issues are.  Particularly, the Libertarians who AREN'T into guns (and not everyone is) tend to not make it a key issue for them.

I also already explained the use of "what if" scenarios.  As stated, it helps the weak minded understand complex topics to break them down into simpler issues that they can understand.

BTW, Democrats and Republicans have NOT been "entrenched for 200 years". Originally the two parties were the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.  The Anti-Federalists later became the most popular of the two.  There was then a little competition towards the time of the Civil War where the Republicans and the Whigs were the two main parties.  It wasn't until after the Civil War that the Republican and Democratic parties emerged.  As well, the founding fathers were typically VERY resentful towards the entire develop of political "parties".  The thought voting along one line because of a group affiliation rather than an individual's merits was absurd to them.

I also doubt your claims as to being a Libertarian.  If you don't vote for them then you're not really showing any support.  You might as well call yourself a Democrat.  You're not voting for them either.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »
One of my sons voted 3rd party today,  I commend him for that,  even though I voted against Obama and held my nose for McCain,  I am glad he has the integrity to do what he thinks is right.  He's very young, this was his first vote.   He knows how I feel too,  I think we need to keep Obama from messing it up the U.S.  bad, but he still did what he thought was right.  He's as free as free can be, God bless him.  As for me...If I'm playing poker and I know the other guy has me beat...I fold....so I'm not going to be hard on myself for voting against Obama...by voting for McCain.   We all do what we think is best I guess, I hold no grudge against anyone who votes third party,  but it does baffle my why anyone would vote for Obama.  Even if you were a die hard Democrat for life, that has got to be hard to swallow.

A worthy post.  And you being in close relationship with your son puts you in a position to answer a very special question: do you believe he voted for what he thought was the right choice, or was it some secret plot to get Obama elected?

I'm pretty confident on what your answer is, and I doubt he was in on some secret plot.  To the other naysayers, the rest of us third party voters aren't either.  We're voting for what we think is RIGHT.  I know that Barr will not win this year.  But maybe, just maybe, he can pull better numbers than the Libertarian candidate last year.  2-3% of the vote would be a great accomplishment, because when people gain more confidence, maybe next time around 5% might be realistic.  Maybe then 7 or 8%.  If we can eventually convince enough people to do what's right, and pull more than 15%, then that's when the masses at large will TRULY start THINKING about who they're voting for, rather than automatically voting for Dumb or Dumber.  Not until then will things start to change.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 01:54:43 PM »
your 3rd party at  work

Only if you assume that the whole of the voters for the 3rd candidate were disgruntled former Republicans.  There are at least as many disgruntled former Democrats voting for 3rd party as there are Republicans.  Take away Ross Perot's candidacy, and a large chunk of his voters would have voted Democrat instead.  The same is true for current 3rd party voters. The majority of Libertarian voters that I've spoken with personally would vote for Obama rather than McCain if the Libertarian option wasn't available.

As a funny twist of events, all the Democrats tend to blame Ralph Nader for Al Gore losing to Bush in 2000.  Both parties make that mistake of thinking every vote for the 3rd party candidate was a vote that they would have gotten instead.

Are you REALLY that stupid or are you just flat out lying thru your teeth? You can't really believe that statement. If you really are that uninformed you need to do something to educate yourself soon.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
Are you REALLY that stupid or are you just flat out lying thru your teeth? You can't really believe that statement. If you really are that uninformed you need to do something to educate yourself soon.

Which specific statement are you referring to, though I can assure you that I believe everything I write.  And I'm quite well educated already. 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
5 registered  libertarians in  my house  hold

sorry    thought  i  was  after  the post  i  stretched it  Little
but  you know  what  i mean about  them  entrenched

i  used  to vote  libertarian  and  help on  the local level

but  if OBAMA  wins  i  will  be leaving  them

BTW  i  was  your  age  when  i joined  them

most  i  know are x- Republicans

i disagree about the war  other  than  that  i am  with the libertarians
except for  the  fact  they  are  spoilers  [my biggest complaint]

i  tried to get  the other  libertarians  to  cooperate  with  the republicans
an  alliance  so to speak [you don't run a race they wont  win/we  help  you in  a close race  you might win]
and  unite   to stop democrats
but  few  were  interested

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

Which specific statement are you referring to, though I can assure you that I believe everything I write.  And I'm quite well educated already. 

There are at least as many disgruntled former Democrats voting for 3rd party as there are Republicans.  Take away Ross Perot's candidacy, and a large chunk of his voters would have voted Democrat instead.

If you believe that you maybe school educated but in sad need of real world common sense learning.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline powderman

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »
mcmorden. When the osamites come for your guns, hand em your principals too. Refusing to fight osama was very selfish. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 02:23:39 PM »
mcmorden. When the osamites come for your guns, hand em your principals too. Refusing to fight osama was very selfish. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

If they can take them by force, then I suppose they can have them.  Luckily I'll still have my principles to defend.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »
If you believe that you maybe school educated but in sad need of real world common sense learning.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

As to what you base you conclusion that Perot's support was solely stolen from the Republicans?  All reviews of that election period show him gaining pretty equal popularity from members of both parties.  He had people on his campaign that had worked on both.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »
what  are  you going  to defend  your principles  with??

where  is  Ross  perrots  party  now?

they  had a governor  then  faded  into  history in  less  than one generation

your  youth  distorts  your  perception  of  time

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 05:31:31 PM »

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

As to what you base you conclusion that Perot's support was solely stolen from the Republicans?  All reviews of that election period show him gaining pretty equal popularity from members of both parties.  He had people on his campaign that had worked on both.

SHUT THE HELL UP! I'm in no mood right now knowing folks like you just elected a muzlim to be the next president of the US. Yes lower case from now on as it is a meaningless thing anymore. You DO NOT want to make another post in this matter and if you do you are forever banned from this site. That's a PROMISE. Not a threat.

I give Biden less than a year as VP. He will either die a rather untimely death or be asked to resign and will be replaced by another muzlim no doubt a black one at that so they can turn the US over to islam.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »
Some chatter, with the exception of WV. The other coal states are worthy of no respect, Obama bad talked them & they came crawling back for more, unbelieveable!!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:03 PM »
Yes it truly is unbelieveable. He bad mouthed them then said he was gonna shut down their primary source of income and still they voted for him. We are a nation of fools and will reap the rewards of that. I guess now we'll how many of those who said only from the "cold dead fingers" really back it up won't we?

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »
My will is made out and I've been living with a terminal disease for much longer than anyone thought.  I've got nothing now to lose.  Certainly not my freedom, only my choice.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »
Amen to that. The time to make the choice is likely to be coming to a town near us all sooner rather than later.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
2012 is near it won't be long now.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:26 PM »

[/quote]

I'm SELFISH because I'm voting for a candidate that most closely matches my political viewpoints?

What IS an election other than that?  Are you selfish for not voting for Obama?  Of course not.  Because that man doesn't match your beliefs or your desires for what you want this country to become.  Not following the sheep because you think differently isn't selfish, it's the sign of a free man.
[/quote]

So did we get the candidate that LEAST matches your politcal viewpoints?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 12:49:07 AM »

I'm SELFISH because I'm voting for a candidate that most closely matches my political viewpoints?

What IS an election other than that?  Are you selfish for not voting for Obama?  Of course not.  Because that man doesn't match your beliefs or your desires for what you want this country to become.  Not following the sheep because you think differently isn't selfish, it's the sign of a free man.
[/quote]

So did we get the candidate that LEAST matches your politcal viewpoints?
[/quote] Billy if all third party guys voted rep it won't matter. The dem had a blow out this country is gone to the bankers.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »
Yes it truly is unbelieveable. He bad mouthed them then said he was gonna shut down their primary source of income and still they voted for him. We are a nation of fools and will reap the rewards of that. I guess now we'll how many of those who said only from the "cold dead fingers" really back it up won't we?

We never need to wonder again why they put warnings on lawn mowers about sticking our hands in them while running. The Obama voters are the result of the stupid surviving and breeding. Nature aint being let take its course.

I'd laugh but there aint nothing funny about Barrak Hussien Obama.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:01 AM »
people  need  to  be  neutered

before  receiving  public  assistance   at  the  very  least

if  up  to  me  i  would  just  let  them  die

Offline deb

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2008, 01:22:58 AM »
It's been too long since I've posted, I do check in to see what you guys have been up to. :)

I have to defend my home state of PA. Looking at a map, breakdown county by county, only 18 of 67 counties are blue. The majority are in Eastern PA, Philadelphia area. Rendell, the a$$of a governor, smears in our faces that his home of Phila carries the state. Unfortunately it does. Allegheny county, Pittsburgh area, also. Rural people don't have a voice anymore.
Please don't blame all of us.
I just mentioned to my husband that we should move, he agreed. We both have lived our lives here, it's a beautiful area, we just can't handle the politics anymore.
Deb   :'(

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2008, 01:31:40 AM »
COME  TO    FLOIDA  DEB

we  are  up  to  our  necks  in  liberal  Yankees

whats  a  few  more  Yankees  if  they   vote  right

our county  is  strong  but  the state  is  loosing  it

or  maybe  we  can  all  go to Alaska  and  succeed

appoint  Sarah  Palin  queen