Author Topic: watching some chatter from PA, WV ..and other coal states  (Read 2784 times)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: watching some chatter from PA, WV ..and other coal states
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 01:36:54 AM »
Yes, I would if I were you! I live in AR & I sure don't like it when Northern Libs move here, but folks like you is a different story. The Ozark part of AR looks alot like PA in places, just add 20-25 degrees & lower taxes for now.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 01:38:33 AM »
  MG;
    I do have to take exception with a couple of your statements:
A) For Libertarians who aren't "into guns"..  Friend, nobody has to be "into guns"..but any Libertarian or anyone worth calling American, should unflinchingly be in favor of the Bill of Rights, which includes the 2nd article.

B) Einstein's supposed statement about common sense being a collection of prejudices gained by age eighteen. Likely if it is a quote from Einstein, it is totally out of context. In any case what most of us are talking about is EXPERIENCE as well as EMPIRICAL OBSERVATION gained over decades. I suppose we could use those terms here but most simply condense the thought to "common sense".

If you are a Libertarian, I would estimate that you keep most of your company with a batch of Democrats. It goes without saying to most of us, that Libertarians as a strong rule are usually conservative. People who revere the Constitution and do not believe as Democrats do, that it is a "living,breathing document"...that is one which is easily bent or broken by an activist court.
   Quite frankly, I don't think the third party voters changed the presidential election. There are enough yellow dogs, racists and brain dead to have elected the misfit in without any 3rd party help.    
However, a look at the race in Minnesota, between Coleman and that certified nutcase, Al Franken..with 1% left they are both at 42%...with a 3rd party ego trip guy taking 15%..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:54 AM »
  45/70 and Nomo;
  Please don't think of all Yankees as liberal drivels ;) ;D You are experiencing the city types moving there and trying to bring their city ideas with them. I guess that is why, each time I visited Florida..I appreciated the folks in central and northern Florida, especially the panhandle the most.
  As for northern AR, believe it or not..Vermont has experienced the same pain you have! Vermont has always been "quaint & picturesque", which has been a dubious blessing. I have an old Army buddy, original Vermont stock, he is disgusted with how the city birds have flooded his once great state and destroyed the truly American lifestyle..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008, 03:28:09 AM »
i  know  iron

but  they  have  ruined our beaches  and  bought  our polititions
 1/2  my family is  from taxachusettes

my  own  mother  voted for  the terrorist maxist

i  do  know  some  good  yankees [besides  the  one  that  went  home]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2008, 05:02:43 AM »
i  know  iron

but  they  have  ruined our beaches  and  bought  our polititions
 1/2  my family is  from taxachusettes

my  own  mother  voted for  the terrorist maxist

i  do  know  some  good  yankees [besides  the  one  that  went  home]
Would you be refering to me? Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2008, 05:31:30 AM »
The division is between urban and rural. I don't know what happens to people who live in cities, must be something in the water, but it sure makes their brain cells die.

Every state has the same division within it. The urban areas where the idiots live and the bulk of the state where sanity still reigns. I have lived in a lot of western states and they are all the same, a contest between the big cities vs the small towns and country folk.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
It's been too long since I've posted, I do check in to see what you guys have been up to. :)

I have to defend my home state of PA. Looking at a map, breakdown county by county, only 18 of 67 counties are blue. The majority are in Eastern PA, Philadelphia area. Rendell, the a$$of a governor, smears in our faces that his home of Phila carries the state. Unfortunately it does. Allegheny county, Pittsburgh area, also. Rural people don't have a voice anymore.
Please don't blame all of us.
I just mentioned to my husband that we should move, he agreed. We both have lived our lives here, it's a beautiful area, we just can't handle the politics anymore.
Deb   :'(

As a PA born son who's moved many years ago, I too found it interesting that the larger metropolitan areas of the State went for Obama.  Pittsburg, Harrisburg, Redding, Allentown, Phily, Erie were all for big government.  Much of the suburbia surrounding these cities also went for Obama.  It is too bad that Murtha with his Democratic machine won his re election after his comments of rednecks and racial discrimination from rural PA.  The State is beautiful but way too much political pull in the cities to overcome the true silent majority of the rest of the State. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.