Author Topic: Don't wait to stock up  (Read 1749 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Don't wait to stock up
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:47 PM »
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but primer and powder stocks at local stores seemed to be running low by noon today.  At the Sportsman's Warehouse in Wasilla, they still have some available, but the selection is fast becoming limited.  There were many empty spots where popular powder, primer and bullet selections would normally be stocked.  Bargain ammo is also going fast.  Both Sportsman's Warehouse and Chimo Guns are doing booming business today.

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
Re: Don't wait to stock up
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 07:04:42 AM »
I went to 2 local gun shops last night.  All the AR and AK guns were gone.  .223 ammo was very low.  Only a few boxes of expensive hunting varieties.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
In checking the websites bulk 223 reloading supplies are either gone or will be soon.  I found PMC bronze 223 for 6.99 @ Natchez and I'm only telling where because I already placed my order.  The first rush to the gunstore is done by now.  I'm guessing that between the hunting seasons coming up and the paranoid buyers the shelves won't be filling back up again until after thanksgiving. 

My only reason for "stocking up" now, is because I think the prices are going to go sky high and it's not like the reloading components are going to follow gas prices and get any cheaper.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:48:26 AM »
If you've waited until now to stock up you really should have been paying more attention.  Still plenty of guns and ammo available and yes some are now on sale, at least compared to prices of a week or two ago.  My local supplier has literally tons of the more popular ammo and is shipping daily.  Just don't expect to get a box or 2.  You have to buy in bulk.  In other words, run with the big dogs or stay on the porch. 

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »
a local gun shop owner told me today that is is impossible to get "black guns".  He had ordered the last 5 that his distributor had and 3 are sold already.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:45:58 PM »
The local small store down from the house sold 1700.00 worth of ammo to 1 guy and the guy said hes coming back for more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »
This reminds me when we went from 1999 to 2000. All hell was supposed to break loose. People stockpiled food and ammo. Purchased generators. All it did was make the people who sold those items richer. Panic buying.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Guy Pike

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
About a week before Y2K I sent the clock on my VCR to 11:59 PM and watched it change to 12:00 AM and keep the correct time and date as 2000 progressed. We then went to stock up on supplies for a kick ass New Years eve party! One local fellow is still eating black beans and rice from his paranoid panic attack.
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 03:13:11 PM »
EXACTLY
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
gun smith told me today that no lowers are available
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »
On channel 3 news tonight (sacramnto Ca) they said that gun sales in the U.S. was up 700% since the elections. Shot guns for home defence they coundent keep in stock or get them fast enough, handguns were selling rapidly. Rifles (assualt type) were going fast and hunting rifles were selling very well.

Gun Runner

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »
  Obama will outlaw all firearms within months!  Be sure to take out loans, max the cards, and second mortgage your house and take that money to buy firearms and ammo.  Ya, I sell guns for a living... ::)
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:55:08 AM »
Listen to Dakotaelkslayer, after all he says Obama is for the outdoorsman.

Heck you can trust a filthy liberal. Ripping a baby out of its mother sucking its brains out and leaving it quiver on a platter is a choice to hem. What a trustable bunch aint they.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 02:00:41 AM »
Billy,

Your graphic description of the abortion process grows tiresome. Same thing over and over. I believe you rather enjoy the concept. I am sure most find it disgusting, like myself. I am anti abortion and anti murder, unlike you. I think you have fantasies about being an abortion doctor.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »
Billy,

Your graphic description of the abortion process grows tiresome. Same thing over and over. I believe you rather enjoy the concept. I am sure most find it disgusting, like myself. I am anti abortion and anti murder, unlike you. I think you have fantasies about being an abortion doctor.

Cheese

My God, +1 on that, Cheese.

Billy, couldn't you at least try to come at it from a different angle once in awhile.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
Little things, amuse little minds gentlemen. One works with what one has. Some have much less than others, and some seem to have almost nothing. They try a make up for it with crudeness, bravado, and contentiousness. Easily defeated, and seldom taken serious.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
Cheese I am glad that line is discusting and sickening. As it should be, I think since you like it so much I'll add it to my signature on my profile. I am sure the babys that it is performed on find it in more than bad taste. If I had pictures I would add them also even a video link.

And DEE :D I thought you were all done with me. You said that in one of your posts before. But As we all seen when  you were drooling over Mc Cains pick of Palin, you flip flop alot in your emotional responces. ;)

I guess you guys think liberals can be trusted.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »
I went to 2 local gun shops last night.  All the AR and AK guns were gone.  .223 ammo was very low.  Only a few boxes of expensive hunting varieties.

One of the local shops I use has stocked up on AR's.   Colt's, RR's,Bushmasters, etc.  All but the Stag.  He thought they'd all be sold by now, but hasn't had any bites yet.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
Cheese I am glad that line is discusting and sickening. As it should be, I think since you like it so much I'll add it to my signature on my profile. I am sure the babys that it is performed on find it in more than bad taste. If I had pictures I would add them also even a video link.

And DEE :D I thought you were all done with me. You said that in one of your posts before. But As we all seen when  you were drooling over Mc Cains pick of Palin, you flip flop alot in your emotional responces. ;)

I guess you guys think liberals can be trusted.

Crude, simple minded and a detriment to the anti abortion concept. Nobody wants the likes of you on their side, nobody. You must be fun at parties. Try spell check, it might increase your credibility, but I doubt it.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 10:16:57 PM »
Told you so.  I'm sure you have similar local headlines.

"Post-election, business booming for area gun merchants"
http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2008/11/10/local_news/doc49168bd0e2026286838460.txt

Make your ammo stocking and gun buying decisions yourself. 

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »
Billy you are very close to getting your ass banned! one more post detailing abortion procedures or rude comments about kids and you are gone... PLEASE TRY ME I BEG YOU....
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »
Stopped in a west Texas WalMart Supercenter today, and was talking to the clerk in sporting goods. She told me to by ammo now if I wanted it, as they couldn't keep guns or ammo on the shelves since last Tuesday.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »
Dee did she give any reasons why ammo and guns were to be taken out.I know some stores stopped selling them because of low volume sales.Just curious if this is something bigger.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »
So what is your feeling on the component or componets they will tax? Will it be primers, bullets, cases , or powder?  Or will they tax it all.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 02:06:12 PM »
So what is your feeling on the component or componets they will tax? Will it be primers, bullets, cases , or powder?  Or will they tax it all.

I would bet all....
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
Dee did she give any reasons why ammo and guns were to be taken out.I know some stores stopped selling them because of low volume sales.Just curious if this is something bigger.

You mis-understood my post CannonKrazy. They were selling them at an unprecidented rate, and apparently many customers were quite vocal as to why they were buying in such volume.

Offline powderman

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
Another post went into cyberspace I guess, I'll try again. Hunting season just started here but I asked my sptg goods mgr about sales and she said she sees no difference between now and any other hunting season. No big rushes here or quantity buyers either so far, at least in my store, walmart I mean. I seriously doubt they will over tax components, most don't even know what they are, ammo though will get taxed big time. POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm