Author Topic: America in distress  (Read 1192 times)

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
America in distress
« on: November 05, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
A neighbor and close friend has discused the idea of flying his flag upside down as a way to show his feelings about the current condition of the country. Any thoughts? He is strongly opposed to Obama and his political agenda.

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Re: America in distress
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »
I think a better flag would be one of the "Don't Tread on Me" flags!
Mark

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »
A neighbor and close friend has discused the idea of flying his flag upside down as a way to show his feelings about the current condition of the country. Any thoughts? He is strongly opposed to Obama and his political agenda.

If your friend is willing to fly our Flag upside down.
He doesn't deserve to fly it at all.

Spanky

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
Spanky, flying the US flag upside down is an accepted and authorized way to indicate that the unit, ship, vessel, position (whatever it is) is in distress.  It it perfectly acceptable.  Maybe not warranted in this situation but that it up to the discretion of the person or commander responsible for causing that flag to be flown in the first place.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
Spanky, flying the US flag upside down is an accepted and authorized way to indicate that the unit, ship, vessel, position (whatever it is) is in distress.  It it perfectly acceptable.  Maybe not warranted in this situation but that it up to the discretion of the person or commander responsible for causing that flag to be flown in the first place.

ngh

Read my profile.
I know what it means.
In this instance I don't think it's appropriate.
Fly it proudly or don't fly it at all.
If he wants to take it down and fold it properly I'll show him how to do it.

I see from your profile that you are stationed in Germany.
Thank you for your service brother.

Spanky

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:55:27 AM »
I think half staff is more apropriate as we may be grieving the death of our nation.

So what is yours goy's MOS I was 16R.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 03:09:44 AM »
speaking  of  the  flag....

spanky  look  at this

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,155546.0.html
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »
I saw that the other day.
It's enough to make you want to puke isn't it.

Spanky

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:02:07 AM »
I will fly mine upside down on inauguration day.  Someone suggested it in our morning paper.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »
Well he did it. I came by his house on the way home from work and there it was.He was outside rigging up lights to shine on it at night.I stopped to talk for a few minutes and he had plenty to say.
He told me that it was decided months ago what he was going to do if Obama won.He is as patriotic as anyone of us here and served in the armed forces many years ago.He means no disrespect but wants to show his "distress" of our current national events.I have to agree with him that things are a mess and we now have a elected official that don't know his ass from a hole in the ground.The ole guy means well in his actions and to see him you have to agree he is strong in his convictions.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »
i   would  want  him  living  on  my  street

he  seems  like  a  good man

barrack  hussain  obama  is a disgrace  to  the  flag

incourage  your  man  to  carry  on....help  him  with  the lights
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
Our flag means nothing to Obama. He does not honor it in the least. He is a gun grabbing Communist ( not to mention a Muslim ) that has no right to be president. He may even be an illegal alien. He is not my president and never will be. I really can not believe our countries people are this stupid. I look at all the people that were celebrating in the streets on election night and all that goes through my head is they are all traders. I can't even look at my wife the same way. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 03:25:55 PM »
I agree my neighbor has been a good family man as long as I have known him.He is very respectful to everyone.I have watched him raise the flag many mornings.About a year ago he let his grandson (about 6 years old) help raise it one morning.I often think of that and what leasons were learned that morning by his grandson.Now with things as they are I wonder what kind of lessons he can teach.I intend to visit him a little more often now.

I can't even look at my wife the same way. Dale

Dale.......Just a thought here.You can buy one of those Sara Palin halloween mask on sale. That might help ya with this problem. ;D ;D ;D

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »
I agree my neighbor has been a good family man as long as I have known him.He is very respectful to everyone.I have watched him raise the flag many mornings.About a year ago he let his grandson (about 6 years old) help raise it one morning.I often think of that and what leasons were learned that morning by his grandson.Now with things as they are I wonder what kind of lessons he can teach.I intend to visit him a little more often now.

I can't even look at my wife the same way. Dale

Dale.......Just a thought here.You can buy one of those Sara Palin halloween mask on sale. That might help ya with this problem. ;D ;D ;D
I have to say that is funny but I think you know what I mean. I really don't feel the same way for my wife. I am not sure I have ever in our 16 years been this disapointed in her. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »
Go ahead and get her a birka early and tell her to wear it since she voted for the muzlim she must support that way of life. Then you won't have to look at her cuz with the birka on you can't see HER anyway only it.  ;D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »
Go ahead and get her a birka early and tell her to wear it since she voted for the muzlim she must support that way of life. Then you won't have to look at her cuz with the birka on you can't see HER anyway only it.  ;D
I don't think they come in XL XL Large.  :o ;D She thought I loved her so much she gave me twice as much to love since I met her. Dale

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
I think that is the ONLY size they come in Dale.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »
Dale - Do not be too hard on your wife. She didn't know any better. There are lots of people that did not know any better. Good people voted for Obama. Lots of people voted for Obama. I can break down the demographics for you a little. Single women voted 70% for Obama, 29% for McCain. Those singles under 25 voted almost 90% for Obama. My daughter fell into that group and I am disappointed, but I still love her the same. My wife and son voted with their heads not their heart. People in large metropolitan areas as well as college campuses voted over overwhelmingly for Obahma. Why? I think they voted for Obama because he told them what they wanted to hear. He eloquently spews dribble they want to hear. He is good at it, real good. He can switch his views as quickly as a tree frog colors to win your confidence. He did not tell everyone what he really believes and wants to accomplish. He told them that some people make too much money and he is going to make it fair - that sounds good! He said he is not going to grab guns, which he desperately wants to do. We even had campaign ads that had people endorsing Obama that said he was not going after their guns one of them was sports figure. One  We were deluged with Obama campaign ads since we were a swing state. I suspect that Pennsylvania was the same. People kept hearing how he is going to create jobs. I am not sure how he is going to do that, he was a little fuzzy on that. Your wife probably thought that sounded pretty good, being her husband is a carpenter that is struggling to find work, she thought that getting jobs was a good thing. These people choose to ignore that he was a church member for 20 years in a so-called Christan church that spewed hate of white people and America in general. Ignored that he chums with people of a shady past. Maybe Bill Aires is going to set on a panel for better/cheaper education. Obama promised lower college costs, that pulled a lot of young people in that go to colleges. The press are strong Obama supporters. They promoted what he said if it sounded good and suppressed any thing that would be controversial or contradictory. He got a very large portion of the Afro-American vote because he is part black himself and evidently a lot of them feel the same way he does about society. Of course a large portion of the Afro-American population live in urban areas and I already said which way they voted. I can go on and on why he got elected. I have just scratched the surface here. But your wife voted with her heart, she believed him as did millions of people. I am sure she thought she was doing the right thing.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »
Your wife probably thought that sounded pretty good, being her husband is a carpenter that is struggling to find work, she thought that getting jobs was a good thing.
You are absolutely right about that. She has told me the reason she was voting for him was because of the economy. She said you already lost your truck and have little work and we can't make ends meet. Dale

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »
economy

the  second  reason  we  need to  stop democrats

they  drove  down   the  economy

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »
Something most people don't understand about Obama or failed to pay attention to is the fact that he can't create jobs.He can't make others create jobs either.I keep hearing him say "America needs more job".I agree we do need more jobs but he is going to raise taxes to the point that new businesses can't compete in the market and old businesses are to weak to carry on. I heard on the news earlier that the auto makers are expecting to lay off another 250,000 workers. Times ain't getting hard,they are hard and going to get worse.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »
Yeah I can't see how raising taxes on the buisnesses (the wage payers) will make more jobs for the (wage earners).
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
a   politician  has nothing  for  you

other  than what  he  has  taken  from  others  in  your  name

accepting  a  government hand out  is  little different  than  buying stolen goods

i  did not vote  for  OBAMA  but  he  will take  my  money

to  help  those ''that  are  struggling''

in the  name  of  equality  they  will  keep  taking  from  me  until  i am  ''struggling''  too

I DON'T  WANT  CHANGE   AND  I  DIDN'T  VOTE  FOR  IT

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »
a   politician  has nothing  for  you

other  than what  he  has  taken  from  others  in  your  name

accepting  a  government hand out  is  little different  than  buying stolen goods

i  did not vote  for  OBAMA  but  he  will take  my  money

to  help  those ''that  are  struggling''

in the  name  of  equality  they  will  keep  taking  from  me  until  i am  ''struggling''  too

I DON'T  WANT  CHANGE   AND  I  DIDN'T  VOTE  FOR  IT

I absolutely agree with this. I will add that I believe we should "help" those that are struggling like the elderly that needs it and earned it or the sick.The problem I see with it is Obama is going to give to those who are to sorry or lazy to get out and try to make a living.From the way he has made it sound in his speeches you would think he was implying to a certain group of people just sit tight the check is in the mail.Many of those people believe that is what he means.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
Yeah I can't see how raising taxes on the businesses (the wage payers) will make more jobs for the (wage earners).

If  Obama does as he says he plans to do jobs will only get harder to find and many of the benefits offered now will soon be memories.Companies that contribute to health insurance and retirement will cut those or completely do away with them just so they can cut cost. Add this extra burden of cost to an employee and it makes it extremely hard to get by.