Author Topic: An Interesting Map  (Read 560 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
An Interesting Map
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »
Lots of bitter clingers out there.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: An Interesting Map
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
Lots of bitter clingers out there.

If one wanted to do away with the electoral college and implement a popular vote for President, all one has to do is look at this map and see just who voted for in this election for president.  Look at all the red territory and then look at the big cities.  It is apparent to anyone that Obama was elected overwhelmingly by the larger cities.  Had the popular vote been closer, it is easily to see that an electoral college vote to McCain more fairly represents the Nation than just the larger cities.  http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Woodsman1956/2008-election-map-wash-post-margin-.gif
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Minorities and liberals Oh and whites who hate whites

Lost in America
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »
Even a quick look at this should give an electoral college skeptic reason for pause.  Yes, the maps show once again that we are still a mostly "red" nation of bitter clingers.  The electoral system reflects well on the divinely guided wisdom of our founding fathers who were fearful of tyranny of the masses.  The 3-D map shows that 12-15 of our most populous cities could choose our President all by themselves if we solely relied on the popular vote.  This system may be OK if we are just talking about "American Idol" but not for selecting the leader of the free world.  Just screw the flyover country and let LA, Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia, Detroit and a hand full of others decide for all of us?  I don't think so. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/campaign08/election/uscounties.html

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »
Me either, that is why I posted the link to better see the map in more detail.  I've been saying this on GBO for a long time that the popular vote is not the way to go.  Nor is a flat tax.  If we need taxes, then implement an user tax, so those who spend more, pay more.  No tax on necessities or first time home buyers, whatever the price.  All others pay including those illegal activities which pay no taxes now.  With the laundered money this inlawful money is spent on luxuries, so would be taxed anyway. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.