Author Topic: It didn't take Obama long  (Read 2387 times)

Offline pab1

• Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
It didn't take Obama long
« on: November 07, 2008, 04:07:52 PM »
I could have sworn he said he would not attack our gun rights! This is going to be a long 4 years!

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. "
Thomas Paine

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: It didn't take Obama long
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 04:21:20 PM »
He ain't making any new friends that's for sure.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »
I just got that same sick to my stomach feeling that I had election night. I hope he stops there. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
Every time i hear president elect obama i get that feeling. like we have lost our country.

PROUD GUN NUT
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
To all you dumb @$$es that voted for him or a third party candidate...

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
It has been pointed out on this forum that the third party vote would have made no difference. He won by a land slide. Even if all the third party voters voted for McCain he still would have lost. Sad but true. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

To all you dumb asses that voted for a dumb ass and lost, and then blamed it on folks that voted 3rd party. WE TOLD YOU SO! Get a life Brett! Study the votes for both candidates and realize you backed a loser that had no better chance this time, than he did in 2000. Third party voters didn't beat McCain. McCain beat McCain. Invest in a calculator and do some research.  ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
I just got that same sick to my stomach feeling that I had election night. I hope he stops there. Dale

Dale, I figure that's where he starts.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »
I don't own an AR or such because you can't hunt with them here in Pa but I sure would like to be able to buy one some day when I could afford one. I just hope he does not go after high power rifles with scopes and call them sniper rifles. The thought of that gives me a double sick feeling. Dale

Offline Brett

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

To all you dumb asses that voted for a dumb ass and lost, and then blamed it on folks that voted 3rd party. WE TOLD YOU SO! Get a life Brett! Study the votes for both candidates and realize you backed a loser that had no better chance this time, than he did in 2000. Third party voters didn't beat McCain. McCain beat McCain. Invest in a calculator and do some research.  ::)

Read my post again. I did not blame McCain's loss just on those who voted third party, although those votes certainly did not help. And you can stick your calculator where the sun don't shine.  :-*

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
Gentlemen, I am not trying to rain on your "oh woe is me parade" here, and certainly agree that Obama is a lying snake, but McCain was also for all this, and even Bush has made the statement that if the Clinton Assault Weapons ban were brought back up for permanencly that he would sign it.
McCain lobbied heavy in Oregon and got restrictions passed on gun shows, voted for the Clinton Assault Weapons ban and on and on. How on God's green earth with a Democratically controlled Congress and Senate did you think you would be better off 2nd Amendment wise with a McCain presidency given his 26 year voting record on the 2nd Amendment, and his habitual siding with the Democrats? Good grief gentlemen, even his own party didn't trust him. No one even seems to notice the McCain-Feingold Act concerning freedom of speech.
McCain is history concerning the presidency yes, but be advised that he will vote yes, on these issues that you are concerned so much about with Obama, and HAS VOTED YES, already on most all of it in the past. It is not just Obama you had better worry about. He can do none of this alone. It must be voted on by Congress and the Senate.
Everyone here needs to start educating themselves on these other folks voting records, and get them out of there. THEY are the ones that make the laws. The President only signs them into law. JMTCW

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

dee  is  right  we  have  got  to clean  out the congress
go  to  this  post  and  add suggestions

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,155783.0.html
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

Read my post again. I did not blame McCain's loss just on those who voted third party, although those votes certainly did not help. And you can stick your calculator where the sun don't shine.  :-*

I did read your post. The 3rd party voters MADE NO DIFFERENCE WHAT SO EVER in the presidential election. You made an uneducated, and ignorant statement whether you like it or not. I need my calculator so I won't take your advice, but you might pull your head out of your dumb ass and push some buttons on yours, :-* as you don't know what your talking about. You get back what you give by the way. :-*

Offline gr8gift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
Item  Obama  McCain 
Popular vote  65,125,043  57,178,049 
Percent  52.5%  46.2% 
Electoral votes  364  162 

So far it's not quite a landslide. Still I don't think the 3rd party votes would have changed it. I fear for our rights the worst that could ever happen has.

The Obamacrat's are going to have a field day with us all.

One party has the Presidency, Senate and the House.

No matter which party is in control that is usually bad news for the working class people.
There are no bad hunting days.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »
gr8gift, McCain carried my state of Texas, and many other 3rd party voters states did the same. Instead of taking CHEAP SHOTS at fellow gun owner like Brett did, we should be sticking together. I for one am all for unity but, I will defend myself from his type of behavior. It accomplishes NOTHING.
The truth is the American voting public on the Republican side passed over 2 fairly good prospects, and chose a very weak (and rightly so) candidate in McCain.
If he had not given Palin a call to join in, I think he would have done even worse.
We as gun owners will take a hosing from the liberal controlled government, but it is a shame that some here want to fight among ourselves, instead of sticking together. I for one do not forget such behavior.

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
I don't own an AR or such because you can't hunt with them here in Pa but I sure would like to be able to buy one some day when I could afford one. I just hope he does not go after high power rifles with scopes and call them sniper rifles. The thought of that gives me a double sick feeling. Dale
Don't let the word "Assault Weapons" fool you Dale. Look up "H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007" on a google search and look at the list of weapons on the bill. It's not JUST the AR type weapons! Heck, my little Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle is even considered an assault weapon.

Last I knew this bill was still floating around on Capital Hill. If not, it will be back again. You can bet on it.

Bill

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
How can anyone be surprised at this baloney.  And it will surely get worse - a lot worse.

To put McCain and Obama at the same point on these issues is not accurate either.  There is plenty of issues that I didn't agree with McCain on, but I voted for him as he was the only viable candidate running against Obama, and he was distinctly better than Obama on gun and hunting issues. Not the best - but absolutely better.   The third party candidates, at least in the results I checked, didn't even get a full percentage point anywhere, so statistically they didn't spoil this election. If there was any significant impact made by their presence on the ballot, I don't see it. They made some folks feel good, and like the song says - "feelin' good is good enough for me."
I think Washington is broke and pretty much the whole bunch needs to be replaced.  The system needs to be purged of so many bad politicians, influences, practices, and procedures, and somehow our national interests and respect for our constitution needs to supercede the polls, partisan politicking and viciousness that is destroying us.  Oh, I guess that would require some respect, honesty, responsibility, priority, humility and morals.  ::) ::)
Now that the election is over  - what positive REAL things can we do in the next four years?  I know I am going to be more watchful and communicative with everyone that represents me on all levels of government, and do whatever I can to support the party and the organizations that have a strong voice in agreement with my beliefs.
Anybody have any other suggestions?
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »
Here's why he wants our guns...

Muslim world's view of Obama
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 7/22/2008 6:00:00 AM

A conservative political pundit believes a controversial magazine cover depicting Democratic presidential Barack Obama as a Muslim has some truth.

The New Yorker magazine cover shows Obama dressed as a Muslim, and his wife Michelle dressed in fatigues with an assault rifle strapped over her shoulder. The two are doing a fist bump in the Oval Office, a picture of Osama bin Laden hangs on the mantle, and an American flag burns in the fireplace.

While the magazine has stated the cover was meant to be a satirical lampoon of the caricature Obama's opponents have tried to create, an Obama campaign spokesman has called it "tasteless and offensive."  John McCain's campaign spokesman agreed with that assessment. But Brigitte Gabriel, founder of Act for America, says the cover is actually an accurate portrayal of how Obama is viewed in the Muslim world. "The Muslim world does look at Obama as a Muslim," she contends.

As for the picture of Osama bin Laden on the wall, she continues, Obama has been sponsored by al Qaida. "Al Qaida wants Obama to be president. The terrorist organizations around the world want Obama to be president," Gabriel notes.

Gabriel also contends that in the Muslim realm Obama is portrayed as someone who has no loyalty to the U.S., and someone who will defend the right to burn the American flag. She says she finds it ironic that so many people in America are offended by the magazine cover when it is actually how the Islamic world views the Democratic presidential candidate.

NOTE: Brigitte Gabriel is a Christian, born and raised in Lebanon and she knows the mideastern mind as few do in the west. Her organization, Act for America was set up to warn complacent Americans of the real, sneaky danger that is slipping up on us..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »
The danger is from within.  If you look at world maps, Muslims have taken the majority in Spain, are knocking on the door in France and England, and even Germany has a large population to deal with.  These country's are loosing to Muslims through the vote, just as we have.  I read shortly after the election that most men voted the same as in the Bush elections; 48 percent democrat, 52 percent republican.  It was the women's vote that put Obama over the top as most considered him handsome and charismatic.  They were less concerned with the issues.  Let's just hope for Palin in 2012!  Someone the women and the conservatives can get behind.  Like it or not, this country seems to be heading liberal.  You can blame that from within also; ie the government school system.  I'm sorry, you are supposed to call it 'public education system', but when the government dictates what will be taught and how (or they withhold the money), it's a 'Government' school!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline deltecs

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »
Right now it doesn't matter who voted third party.  We have to deal with a dedicated and committed black President that will enact anti firearms laws according to HIS AND BRADY agenda's.  The goals are listed on Obama's website without qualification.  Yes, he said we'd keep our shotguns, just as Great Britain did.  The rest are on the way out.  We firearms owners are going to have to get an electable candidate that will oppose this issue.  It may even be the deciding issue in 2010 Congressional elections.  Don't run Palin down right now as she is the leading candidate by a 4:1 margin for 2012 Presidential candidate with Mike Huckabee at 12%, Mitt Romney at 11% and Palin at at an amazing 64% currently among Republican voters. 91% of Republican voters view Palin favorably, 65% view Palin VERY favorably, with only 11% viewing her as unfavorable or very unfavorable.  This according to  ] http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/palin_rasmussen_poll/2008/11/07/149105.html]    Right now we don't want to start a negative conversation about her chances.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
OK guys for the next two years we are kind of stuck.  But in two years we will again have a chance to elect new congressmen and senators.  At that time we need to push for change and get some pro gun senators and congressmen in there.  Then in 2012 we need to push for someone that will back the second amendment and gun related issues.  It is up to the people of the US to do this.  We did it during Clinton's mid term we can do it again.

The parties need to go to closed primaries.  I talked to several people who were registered Democrats, and during the primaries and the caucuses they went and voted for McCain.  The democratic party organized it because they felt McCain would be easier to beat than Thompson, Romney, or Huckabee.    The Republicans did the same thing they went out and voted for Hillary, but not in large enough numbers to really make a difference. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!
Are you and powderman brothers ?

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »
Someone mentioned that we need too clean out congress.
WELL, DUH.
Blind man can see this.
BOYS, we lost this election, they did what they needed too do and we sat on our ass.
Quit crying and resolve too do more in the next election.
We have a system by which we can change this country---called the vote.
There is a new challenge too America and Americans and that is the racial block vote.
No thinking needed, as a matter of fact thinking is prohibited.
By racial, I am speaking strictly of voting for your own kind without consideration of plan or platform, which is, of course, LOONEY TUNES, and very dangerous.
We need too educate and work for the vote--it would also help if the average guy voted and 40% didn't---it blew the piss right back in our face too.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 11:51:14 PM »
  Well to the third party voters you didn't help thats for sure. So DEE who were these 2 strong candidates that were passed up? Ron Paul was not a strong candidate, he was popular with his people and nothing more. I guess I am at a loss for who your second guy is. But no matter who woulda been picked most of you third partiers here woulda found some fault and whined. I guess TM7 refers to these politicos as Neocons, from now I shall refer to the third partiers as Neolibs. You all need to remember, that our candidates are human and will have flaws. Now as you are seeing in the above post, Barrak Hussien Obama is the biggest threat to our gun rights and division will not do us any good. For you NeoLibs who are constantly finding fault and whining about the little things STFU and get in line. This is an all out assault on the 2nd amendment and your petty childish rantings have no place in it. Soldiers like you guys would have gotten us smoked and wold have been giving a GI party.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 01:44:14 AM »
There  seems to be somewhat of an agreement here that:
1. there is a real bad problem
2. we need to be unified
3. we need to do something about the problem
4. and we need to start NOW.

The Obamanistas are just now flexing their muscles.  Watch what happens when they get their 60 votes in the senate and appoint one or two to the supreme court:  Liberal nutballs at the wheel and a ruthless, effective Chicago machine powered by foreign interests, lots of liberal money, a biased media, and a growing electorate trained by our current educational propagandists.

I'm sure they are laughing and enjoying the name-calling here, if they read this.

POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 04:05:44 AM »
  My Martine grandson put it rather humorously and succinctly before the election;  "A vote for Obama is a vote for the rapture."
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 04:25:10 AM »
Obama is a LIAR!

Some knew - The others will know it in time.
    Ray

Offline pab1

• Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 04:30:16 AM »
The parties need to go to closed primaries.  I talked to several people who were registered Democrats, and during the primaries and the caucuses they went and voted for McCain.  The democratic party organized it because they felt McCain would be easier to beat than Thompson, Romney, or Huckabee.    The Republicans did the same thing they went out and voted for Hillary, but not in large enough numbers to really make a difference. 

I have heard the same thing. A fight is a lot easier to win if you can hand pick your opponent. Couple this with ACORNs activities allowing who knows how many illegal votes to ensure their win.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. "
Thomas Paine

Offline magooch

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 04:42:52 AM »
Last I heard there are at least 80 million gun owners in the U.S.  That should translate to 80 million votes against Osama if they would just remove their ass hats.
Swingem

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 05:06:44 AM »
There are plenty of gun owners who really just don't get it - yet.  :'(