Author Topic: Gun buying frenzy stimulus  (Read 898 times)

Offline blackwolfe

• Trade Count: (0)
Gun buying frenzy stimulus
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:17:24 AM »
There seems to be a gun buying frenzy as ARs, many normal capacity magazines, ammo, brass, reloading supplies, semiauto handguns, etc are out of stock from mail order and ecommerce sites.  I've heard that manufacturers have kicked up production and are overwhelmed.  I've called a few places and can't get through or have had long wait times.  The NICS check has run as long as three hours in some cases and that was before today and I imagine it will be bad today being Saturday.  I've been hearing stories of big crowds at some gun stores with the selection dwindling and nearly bare shelves.  What's it like in your area?  Are you stocking up?  I doubt that the buying frenzy will turn the economy around, but it can't hurt and might help to kickstart a recovery.  Imagine gun owners and buyers helping the economy turn around and making the president elect look good and giving him even more power.
wolfe

Offline RGS

Re: Gun buying frenzy stimulus
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
Car dealerships are singing the blues around here.  Wonder if some of that money is going into gun purchases. 

Offline robert4570

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
Blackwolfe,
You're right , sales are way up. While all other industries are down the gun business has been a good this year . Thanks in part to the threat of our  ::)............president elect Osamba .

A friend ordered an AR15 this year and it took 3 months for him to get it. While waitin for it he called the manufacturer and asked what the heck is going . A company rep told him , we are runnin 3 shifts , 24/7 just tryin to keep up. I hope business stays brisk and they make profits , until the democrats start muckin with the gun industry like the Clinton years .

If that so called stimulus check goes thru spend it on a gun and stimulate the economy, that'll make Nancy Peloski happy  ;D.
NRA BENEFACTOR
United Sportsmen of America

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »
i was just at the  shop today and according to my guy,  getting ar's to replentish his stock isnt an easy task.    if you want them, you better not play around.  if the price is acceptable and you can take it home that day, i would not hesitate.   i went through this in the early ninties and it sucked.   

Offline encore3006

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:01:22 PM »
 :-X

Offline blackhawk45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
The liberals will allow you to buy all the firearms you want. What the new president (a**hole) and congress (a**holes) will do is tax the living crap out of the ammo. Nice to have a great firearm whatever the brand or caliber, BUT...the ammo will NOT come cheap!!!!!

Tax, tax and more tax!!!!!

Stock up on reloading supplies.
Hunter, Shooter,Second Amendment Supporter,Handloader.

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »
From what I've seen, anything to do with .223 or 7.62x39 is flying off the shelves.  This includes brass, bullets, primers, a couple different powders, loaded ammo, magazines, SKS rifles, AK's and AR's.  Nothing else is really moving at the moment.  As far as the economy is concerned, a spike like this in gun/ammo sales is a drop in the bucket.  We're well past the point of no return.  All there is to do is batten down the hatches and ride out the storm.  Our government doesn't seem to understand that this is the kind of problem that can NOT be solved by throwing money at it.  It should be painfully obvious, by now, that there are some fundamental issues that need to be addressed before the healing can begin.  These half measures (bailouts, stimulus packages, etc.) will only drain us of what little credit we have left while our economy continues to languish.

Sorry about the O/T rant.  I dont mean to hijack the thread.  Its just one of those things that gets me going these days ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 04:18:15 AM »
Another good thing is the fact that whatever $$ you spend on firearms, most of them are made in the USA :)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Shawnee Gene

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
The shop I work at has been very busy for the last two weeks!  Anything tactical,hi-cap, or semiautomatic, is going fast.  Case lots of ammo are too, not to mention hi-cap mags of all kinds.  We are staring to experience resupply issues also.  This is your window of opportunity, folks!  Do not wavier!
"Wheel guns are Real guns!"

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 05:00:37 AM »
 Well guys info from arkansas is the same .. dont have alot of AR AK outlets here , but one of the locals that do keep ARs in stock had 20 as of election day and a week after they were down to 2 left and no AKs

Most of my local haunts have been loaded everytime i have gone out to look for this and thats

I did see a report on the news that "cheaper than dirt " did 100k in firearms sales in the first week ... Another dealer said he had assh*les wearing obama election crap on that were coming in and buying ARs     pffftt ... ! Not  In My Shop You Dont ! Right to refuse service should be used in that situation no question about it
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline S.S.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
Same story all over.....Saw some fellas' about a week ago that had just aquired 21,000
rounds of ammo.... not a typo, twenty one thousand rounds! They paid cash !
This was apparently just their first order too!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".