Author Topic: Teacher "Pulling" For Obama  (Read 1199 times)

Offline pab1

• Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
Teacher "Pulling" For Obama
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
I don't know if this was brought up before. I know its a little late now (sour grapes). Why didn't I see this coverage on the news in this country? This teacher should be fired. The story starts about 16 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEAYgm0Dv8&feature=related
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. "
Thomas Paine

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Teacher "Pulling" For Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
I don't know if this was brought up before. I know its a little late now (sour grapes). Why didn't I see this coverage on the news in this country? This teacher should be fired. The story starts about 16 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEAYgm0Dv8&feature=related

She also needs to be punched in the mouth.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »
This should come as no surprise to anyone.  Teachers predominantly are liberal arts majors.  With professors like Ayers and many others, it is unrealistic not to presume many of these teachers have elitist and social tendencies that they carry over into the classroom.  Where do our children get the idea that guns are bad, hunting is barbarian, and PC statements are treated as law?   Why, from our educators and we let them.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »

I think She needs Anumber 10 in her butt.
  Datil

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
This should come as no surprise to anyone.  Teachers predominantly are liberal arts majors.  With professors like Ayers and many others, it is unrealistic not to presume many of these teachers have elitist and social tendencies that they carry over into the classroom.  Where do our children get the idea that guns are bad, hunting is barbarian, and PC statements are treated as law?   Why, from our educators and we let them.

That is why it is good to either home school the kids, or  send them to a Christian school.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

I think She needs Anumber 10 in her butt.
  Datil

Yeah, but the next words out of her big azz mouth.... "you in yet?"
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »
what  party  do  you  think  she  belongs  to??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 04:24:07 AM »
That trend has been going on for at least 50 years, first a trickle...watch your libraries, PTA's  Scouts(both) as well if it isn't to late allready

Perhaps someone knows, other then Switzerland( I think)  no other country has something similar as your 2nd.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:32:55 AM »
When school opens Monday I will be there letting them know I am not happy.  My son participated in a welcome Obama party at school Friday.  They had cupcakes and his teacher told him how wonderful it was that our nation came together and elected Obama.  I know that she herself is a Republican and voted McCain and this was a school wide celebration so at least she wasn't shoving her beliefs down his throat.  I understand the historical importance of the first black man and all, but why give my son false hope.  Obama is going to change the world as promised, but I don't think it will be for the better.  I don't like the fact that he is now excited about Obama moving into the white house.  My son is 5 and in kindergarten.  Why are they even talking about this in school?  Why do these teachers think it is OK that they are giving our kids a personal feeling one way or another in politics.  That is my job and my responsibility and Evan knows how I voted and that my candidate didn't win.  He now thinks that Mommy is wrong and I should be happy about Obama because Mrs. Gravitt is.  Why am I having to explain myself to a 5 year old?  They can't talk about God in school, because they aren't' allowed to sway ones personal beliefs.  Well it is my personal belief that Obama is bad, and I am really aggravated that a someone else taught my son differently with out my permission. Sorry bout the rant.  This just gets under my skin. I guess they try to start the brainwashing early these days.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:57 AM »
When school opens Monday I will be there letting them know I am not happy.  My son participated in a welcome Obama party at school Friday.  They had cupcakes and his teacher told him how wonderful it was that our nation came together and elected Obama.  I know that she herself is a Republican and voted McCain and this was a school wide celebration so at least she wasn't shoving her beliefs down his throat.  I understand the historical importance of the first black man and all, but why give my son false hope.  Obama is going to change the world as promised, but I don't think it will be for the better.  I don't like the fact that he is now excited about Obama moving into the white house.  My son is 5 and in kindergarten.  Why are they even talking about this in school?  Why do these teachers think it is OK that they are giving our kids a personal feeling one way or another in politics.  That is my job and my responsibility and Evan knows how I voted and that my candidate didn't win.  He now thinks that Mommy is wrong and I should be happy about Obama because Mrs. Gravitt is.  Why am I having to explain myself to a 5 year old?  They can't talk about God in school, because they aren't' allowed to sway ones personal beliefs.  Well it is my personal belief that Obama is bad, and I am really aggravated that a someone else taught my son differently with out my permission. Sorry bout the rant.  This just gets under my skin. I guess they try to start the brainwashing early these days.

Heather
I agree. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 05:26:17 AM »
brainwashing ? They didn't just try, they got it done, you have the results. >:(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 07:37:22 AM »
Well said Heather.We send our kids to school and expect them to get a education instead they often get a head full of some idiots personal agenda.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
heather,
   i  can't  wait  to  hear  how  it goes   Monday
also  i  think  a democrat  here is  going to switch to republican Monday
and send a letter to  both  parties  explaining  the  move

hope  to  here  how  it goes  for  both  of  you

that's  the  kind  of  action  that  needs to be
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:43 AM »
I find the fact that you dump ALL teachers into one dumpster, rejoice and slap each other on the butt--------Then cry foul when some dump all law abiding gun lovers in with skinheads and other nuts.
You guys have an inherent inability too think and reason some of the time.
You just included my wife in this bunch and I demand an apology. >:( >:(
No blessings this time around
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
I may be going back to school soon For some ungodly reason I will have to take some general education classes (Will be taking maintenance technology) so why do I need public speaking? I may get interesting when a professor starts trying to push liberal lies with 47 year old Conservative Hillbilly in their class. If I run into a professor like my daughter had I know it will be interesting I just can't see myself setting their quietly while some yellow belly whiny a$$ little b@#@H bad mouths American Soldier
Amber had a history prof. always spewing crap and Amber gave it right back once in a heated discussion she clicked on her tape recorder and brought it home for me to listen.
This was in a local community collage
Went something like this :
Prof: where do you get these hair brain Ideas?
Amber: Dad
prof: you are old enough to know dad isn't always right?
Amber: yep,but anything He tells me he also tell me were to find the fact to look it up myself.
prof: maybe your dad would come in for a debate?
Amber: Sure He likes a good debate. Let me tell you about my dad, He is 6 foot tall 280 pounds and since he has swung pipe wrenches for the last 20 years he has arms like Popeye. He believes every breath he ever took as a free man was paid for in the blood of Amerian Soldiers. So when you start calling the military murderers and baby killer's He is going to rip you head off and shove it some where you won't Enjoy
Prof: Really
Lilita (neighbor girl that still lives two doors Down from Here)That was in that class: I don't think Roy would be that easy on him
Amber : I'm trying to be polite
Prof. It would take to much paper work for some one to come in for an official debate
Lolita : well a bad excuse is better than none
I laughed for 20 minutes after listening to the tape
William I understand your being upset and you are right their are some Damn good teachers out there, and the good ones have to work in a hostile environment any more. Because they do their job instead of playing the system. Teachers that care are truly worth their weight in gold ! And have my up most respect
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »
I find the fact that you dump ALL teachers into one dumpster, rejoice and slap each other on the butt--------Then cry foul when some dump all law abiding gun lovers in with skinheads and other nuts.
You guys have an inherent inability too think and reason some of the time.
You just included my wife in this bunch and I demand an apology. >:( >:(
No blessings this time around

WL, I said predominantly, not always and will not appoligize for any statement on this topic.  I've found this statement to be true since I went to college in the late 60's.  I too raised children, albeit at home school, but still with liberal books from the school district leaning very left wing.  I have an extensive library and showed my children the other side of the picture and both have done well in college and afterward now raising familes of their own.  I did not intend to single out any particular person, but the general trend of teachers is PC and liberal attitudes in their classes.  I'm sure and have met several conservative teachers and enjoy their company. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
It is true that NOT ALL teachers are bad but it is true that MOST are these days. Without being acquainted with them it's impossible to know which few are the good ones. For sure tho they have to run with a bad crowd.

My best friend (now deceased) was a school teacher and a finer person never lived but I have to admit that being around all those other bad apples he picked up some odd ideas that he and I argued over often. Most of the time I could convince him of the right way of thinking on those issues but a few I really never was able to convince him to see the error of his ways on.

I'm sure that had he not taken up teaching as a profession a bit late in his life really then he'd never have picked up those kinda ideas.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 12:30:24 PM »
   I have to agree, from the stories my kids have brought home from school that there seems to be at least a vocal majority of liberals in the teaching profession. Mr Layton, I hand it to your wife if she was a conservative teacher. The way these folks try to push their ideals on people I would imagine there were some tough times for her.

I myself attended college after serving in the Army in the late 80's and early 90's. While attending college there were some very nasty exchanges between some professors and myself. I guess at 25 my mind had been molded a little to much for them and our ideals clashed. I did notice the conservative professors were chastised by most of the other staff. When the liberals talk of diversity, their idea of diversity does not include any conservative ideals.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
i  sent him  an  apology...seems   like   i  have   been  making  people  mad  lately
people  just  can't  accept  a  hard headed  know  it  all

my  bother  teaches  college
i  went  to  college
i  have 3 kids in college  [all registered libertarians]
i  helped  them  with  their  school  when  they were  young
i  went  through  their LIBERAL school  books when  they  were  young

it  is  my  opinion and  my  brothers the education  system   is  slanted   towards democratic philosophy

IF GOOD PEOPLE  WOULD  GET  INTO  TEACHING  THAT   IS  OUR  ONLY  REAL  LONG TERM  HOPE

you good teachers.......keep  up the good  work,  i  know  you are   not  like  that  woman  but  i bet  you  know  some  that  are

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »
Well, I also must apologize for loosing my cool.
Now in the field of fair and balanced:
My son-in-law and daughter are both Democrats, teachers and voted for Obama.
They did not parade around school building up support.
I do know some Republican teachers who did.
My son is a former dope smoker, just as was his dad. He and his wife are republican, as I am.
They all think and want too do the best thing--people who think I have no quarrel with.
I disagree that most teachers are liberal. In fact I think the vast majority are very conservative.
Again I over reacted and apologize.
Blessings---for real!
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
this  loss  has us  all  on edge

i switched  from  libertarian to republican  November 5 2008

i  have  family  that voted  OBAMA

they  will  get a  membership to  the  NRA  for  Christmas

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 04:04:38 AM »
I was met with an interesting shock this morning!  Something went crazy with my alarm clock and we woke an hour late this morning.  Evan was only about 5 minutes late for school and when we pulled into the parking lot there were about 20 cars parked in the car rider pick up line.  That was unusual for his school.  I went in like I had planned to speak with the principal about Friday's activities.  When I entered the office the asst. asked me what I needed after I signed Evan in tardy.  I told her that I needed to speak to the principal regarding Fridays political party.  She told me that I could wait in the lunchroom with the group of parents.  They were all there for the same reason I was.  I was shocked. I figured I was the only one around here willing to butt heads with the school over something as innocent as cupcakes a la Obama. The principal came out and apologized for her ignorance for involving elementary kids in a politically motivated celebration.   She explained that they were only celebrating the historical importance of the first black president.  She admitted to being a Republican and not that happy with Obama's election herself.  Many parents still not happy with her response, so she promised on behalf of the Weaver school system that nothing like this would ever happen again.  As I made my way to leave I informed her that to some people their word still meant something, and as long as I had kids in Weaver I would do everything in my power to make sure she stuck to hers. I then reminded her that I would have kids in her care for the next 18 years.  For all of our sakes I hope she meant what she said.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 04:13:54 AM »
''sounds   like  hope  has  finally  making  a comebeck''
                                                 ms. obama

good  news  now  i  wil call  my  friend  and  she  if he  is  doing  as good  as  you
my  day  will  be  brighter  because  of  you  good  report

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »
Several thoughts going on here.
We are commanded by God too pray for our leaders.
We are teaching our children the importance of the occasion.
Most teachers are conservative by nature and training but are restrained by various laws and official agencies from expressing their views.
In a sense this is good--while as a conservative we wish these views too be made known, but if a liberal thought is professed this marks the entire staff.
The liberals would have the same feelings from the other side.
What we have come too is a compromise and compromises generally are worthless---this view is held by liberals also.
In my day it was common for political views too be espoused by teachers--therefor; I grew up as a Democrat. A teacer would have been run up a pole if he/she espoused a Republican thought or leaning--not nearly as bad as the reaction would be today---we would demand her/his job, if not his/her liberty. 
Not so in to-days society. We prefer too teach our children what we want them too believe. Raise them the way we see fit. This is also a liberal thought.
Now, this election stands as an anomaly, for 60% of Ameicans found their way too the polls, sadly because of race in the vast majority of cases--but then there are a number of races in this country and for once the white race was challenged.
How do we handle this?? By demanding that the occasion be taught as an important episode in democracy or burying ourheads in the sand and denying the facts of the occasion?
I voted Republican and my side lost. I pray for him and I don't pray that a bad thing happens. I don't hope that he falls on his face. If he does so does our society.
It is a two way street here and I remember when JFK was elected, a Catholic, and we were then under the influence of Rome and he would get direct orders from the Pope---just did not happen. Course some would say we killed him before that would happen. A sad commentary.
Folks, think and reason.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD