Author Topic: 50+MILLION NRA MEMBERS  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
50+MILLION NRA MEMBERS
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:40:04 AM »
With the sales of guns/ammo/component sales reaching record proportions, how many of these buyers belong to the NRA?  I've been a life member since the mid 70's.  I haven't always agrred with them, but I have supported them.  With the news that we are receiving [and already knew] about Obama's administration plans for the 2nd amendment, as well as other attacks from various fronts on gun owners everywhere, why not take a small% of the cash you are spending onvarious guns and supplies, and join the NRA for at least the next 4 yrs.?  If we put the petty arguments aside and unite,we, as gunowners could do in very short order what the Republicans couldn't do this election.

Can you imagine the thoughts from the new administration, if by innaugural day, the NRA announced that they had 50+ MILLION new members!!  Think about it, 1 national group with enough political clout to really back up the the constitution and the 2nd amendment.  If there are 100 million gunowners in the US, and we had 50-70% backing the NRA, we might not have to worry about buying that extra brick of ammo, tommorrow.  Think about it!

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 50+MILLION NRA MEMBERS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »
Agreed.I am trying to encourage as many of my friends and family to join the NRA a possible.We need a voice to help support out rights.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »
i  understand  some   don't agree  with  the  NRA

i  am one  of  them  [i  think  they compromise  too  much]

but  they   are  one  BIG voice  so  i  remain a  member

with  the current state  of  affairs..i  wish  every  one  would  join
whether  they  like   them  or  not

nothing  says  we  can't belong  to 2 or more groups

anyone  got  any suggestions  about  other gun groups  that  are  more aggressive

i  am  also  member   of  50 shooters association

i  feel  this will  be  the  first battle ground  [republican arny swartsaniger outlawed them]

Tim

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline inluvwithsara

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
Gun Owners of America are great, as is the Virginia Citizens Defense League, and I have heard good things about the JFPPO...been pissed at the NRA since that bad call on the knee jerk bill from the VT tragedy setting some bad presidence...still will keep my membership, but believe me they heard from me about it.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
By some accounts there are 80 million gun owners in the US.  Where where they on election day... voting for their bank accounts?

"He who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will lose both and deserve neither."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
 a thought .. what gives black power its power..the fear that these dudes may get a little irrational..we surely all know that..
  we need perhaps give these 2nd ammendment foes a little something to think about.. in other words .. a little something to worry about..
 don t be so dang reasonable withum.. i heard opra interviewing a black fella ..she ask him about his attitude.. he said girl you know a black man without tude ain t nothing. think about it..

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:43:52 PM »
a thought .. what gives black power its power..the fear that these dudes may get a little irrational..we surely all know that..
  we need perhaps give these 2nd ammendment foes a little something to think about.. in other words .. a little something to worry about..
 don t be so dang reasonable withum.. i heard opra interviewing a black fella ..she ask him about his attitude.. he said girl you know a black man without tude ain t nothing. think about it..

why  do  yo  think i  act   liks such a jerk??????
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »
Gun Owners of America are great, as is the Virginia Citizens Defense League, and I have heard good things about the JFPPO...been pissed at the NRA since that bad call on the knee jerk bill from the VT tragedy setting some bad presidence...still will keep my membership, but believe me they heard from me about it.

The GOA is a very small group of about 4000 members, they have no palitacal clout what so ever.

Love them or hate them, the NRA is the best thing out there, and the only ones that have clout.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 12:59:32 PM »

why  do  yo  think i  act   liks such a jerk??????

I give up.  ??? Why?  ::)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
45-70 sent an apology. He has more backbone than most.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »
don't  spread  it  around  i  have  a reputation to  protect

but  back  to  the  thread

i  have a  close  relative  voted  OBAMA

they  will  get  an  NRA  membership  for  christmas   this  year

i  will  order   it for  them  tomorrow

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:53 PM »
They have double standard price list and I don't like it.
Yes I can join for one year but, why is a life member ship cost me 1000.00
and a youth life membership cost 550.00 and senior i think is 350.00  ???
just my thought why does a youth member get 550.00 and I get 30 years less membership
for 1000.00 ???
thats why I have not joined and will not join.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
I think the cost was $150 when I became a life member.

As to the various costs. Old farts are not expected to live much longer so to entice more to sign up as life members the cost is reduced to account for the shorter expected time of membership and membership benefits. Youths I think is cheaper cuz they haven't got the money and it's an enticement to get some adult to sign them up knowing that most would not ever become members later otherwise.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 06:51:57 PM »

The GOA is a very small group of about 4000 members, they have no palitacal clout what so ever.

Love them or hate them, the NRA is the best thing out there, and the only ones that have clout.

Actually the Gun Owners Of America have 300,000 Members, and are a NO compromise Org.

If every member of the the NRA also joined the GOA, what a powerful voice we would have.
The GOA is on the same sheet of music the NRA was on, about 25 yrs. ago. Just not big enough to make as loud a noise, as the NRA should be making.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 12:40:45 AM »
nw hunter,  good post, and my point.  Right now the biggest mouthpiece in our camp, is the NRA.  We need all the gunowner organizations to come together under 1 banner.  Like the Republican party, we have too many fragmented orgs.  We all have 1 goal, protect our 2nd amendment rights, and keep our guns.  Our individual perceptions, on how to do this, should be put aside, so that we have 1 unified voice.  If the size of the GOA and NRA were reversed, then I'd be preaching GOA!  This is all we can do for the next 2yrs., but it needs to happen today.  Belonging to both is GREAT, but belonging to only GOA, won't get you the biggest bang for your buck.  Also, if you disagree with how the NRA is being run, we have 2 voting annual meetings before our next national election in 2 yrs.  We, as gunowners, need to get ourselves internally right, before we can take on the juggernaut that is about to be unleashed amongst us.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 01:04:41 AM »
nw_hunter, where did you find there membership number?

Also the GOA has bashed the NRA. My problem with that is, a small group, as the GOA is not going to get NRA members to join there cause, when they bash the largest pro-gun organization we as gun owners have.

If you go back to last year right about this time, you will see posts I made why I will not support the GOA.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:34:43 AM »
Redhawk,  what we have to do, at a grass roots level, is to get GOA to NOT bash the NRA, or for that matter to get any pro gun org. to not bash another, but to rally under 1 banner.  Thats what the dems did to sell their agenda.  We as gun owners need to do the same.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 03:37:17 AM »
Joining the NRA is not adequate.  It's only a small start.  The threat we are facing is larger than the scope of what the NRA, or GOA will be able address.
We have not seen that much of who and what he really is.  It's questionable if he is legally qualified to hold office, but he will.
He and democrats scoffed at voting laws, it is doubtfull there will be any investigations into acorn. 
In less than 60 days, bo will assume the office. 
He will push for legislation, or pass e.o. limiting 1st and 2nd amendments.  In addtion he wants to raise our taxes.  He wants policies that will increase fuel prices.
The oath of office will have no meaning to him, obviously.  He and the democrats have long demonstrated contempt for America.  Laws and our constitution have no meaning to these people.
The democratic party, and their followers, have become the fascists that they once hated.  They
They will hold the majority in the house and senate. This authoritarian, American hating, demagogue, that they rallied around, will hold the office of the presidency.

An NRA membership drive is certainly valid.  Hell, I'd like to see 250 million NRA members.
But this is larger in scope than the 2nd amendment, much larger.

Pardon me for saying this as well. 
There is something I don't like about this.  I don't like this mindset.  It's like, if we all send some money to someone, they will fight the fight, and fix the problem for us. 
The only way for this to get fixed is if we all get on the same page, and do something.

IMHO, today's democratic party has become as the fascists of yesterday. 
Remember Terry Schiavo?  A handicapped brain damaged woman, who was starved and dehydrated to death, at the order of a judge.  Remember how long it took, and remember who took what sides in this country.  She was among the most helpless of people.
That unfortunate lady suffered a horrible lingering death, most liberals united behind the people who did this.  These are the people who count themselves as compassionate, tolerant, diverse and progressive.  We normally look at nazi germany for examples of man's inhumanity to man.  Now we can point to people in this country. 
Fascism is not going to go away on it's own.  It's not going to stop once it has obtained an x number of dollars, or a certain amount of power.  It never has.  That's what we are facing people.
" we are screwed "

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 04:13:30 AM »
I said this in another post. Instead of throwing money at the NRA, a real good protest march on Washington,D.C., would do alot more good. The blacks do it, the women do it, the gays do it. Why not gun owners?? And if not Washington, what would happen if say, a couple thousand protesters would picket outside Chucky Schumers personal house!! Or Ted Kennedy's estate, if he lives much longer. Or Feinstein's house in Ca. Hell, we could have a National Gun Day rally, and people could march in their own state, if they couldn't make it to Washington. Then we could have our own pig roast's afterword, just to keep the muzzie's out. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 04:16:56 AM »
and  in  the  march.....carry  our  muzzle loadres

to  prove  they  even  want  to  stop  the  weapons  you  founding fathers  used

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:26 AM »
By some accounts there are 80 million gun owners in the US.  Where where they on election day...

I know several that voted for Obama.  I'm sure my brother did, he's a union man.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 04:45:23 AM »
well, if you can get a march organized, do so.  I seriously doubt you will get it done.  Meanwhile, right, wrong, or inbetween, the best course of action is still the NRA.  The problem has always been,"oh it won't happen", "I'm too busy", etc.  If you can't at least take time to join the NRA, I doubt you will do anything else.  Didn't say they were the be all to end all, but its a darn good start, then try some of your other peaceful protests.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »
i  just got   off  the phone  with  the  NRA

an  OBAMA  voting gun  owner just got a 2 year membership to  the  NRA for Christmass

i  got  them the  American rifleman  they  are  more  likely  to  read  it  than the  others

they  said  their  system  crashed  over  too  many calls last week

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »
I've been a life member of the NRA for over 25 years. And I'm not saying anything bad about them. It's just that an in your face approach always gets the point across better. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline 45north

• Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »
Yep the NRA has some clout. It only took them 10 years to overturn the brady bill. Don't get me wrong, I like what the NRA stands for, but clout is not there strongsuit. We all can watch the NRA flex there muscles when BO tries to abolish the 2nd amendment.
  Not trying to start a flamewar, it's just the way I see it.

45north

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
well, if you can get a march organized, do so.  I seriously doubt you will get it done.  Meanwhile, right, wrong, or inbetween, the best course of action is still the NRA.  The problem has always been,"oh it won't happen", "I'm too busy", etc.  If you can't at least take time to join the NRA, I doubt you will do anything else.  Didn't say they were the be all to end all, but its a darn good start, then try some of your other peaceful protests.

Mad Dog

i   know  i could  never  organize such a march
but would be  open to jioning in on  one
and  am  hoping to  inspire some one  that could  make  it  happen

maybe  at  least  we  will  carry our  muskets  all day  july 4th
MILLION MUSKET  MARCH   kinda  got a ring to  it

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 03:36:28 AM »
Yep the NRA has some clout. It only took them 10 years to overturn the brady bill. Don't get me wrong, I like what the NRA stands for, but clout is not there strongsuit. We all can watch the NRA flex there muscles when BO tries to abolish the 2nd amendment.
  Not trying to start a flamewar, it's just the way I see it.

45north

But no one else in the gun rights arena has done a thing. It is always the NRA that is getting anything actually accomplished. Not one other pro-gun group has actually accomplished a thing. Yea they have tough talk, but that is as far as it gets.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 03:50:39 AM »
We ALL need to get on the same page. We all want the same outcome. Fighting amungst ourselves will be our downfall.

Myself, my wife, my father and brother are all members of the NRA. My self and father life members.

My Brother-in-law and my nephew will be a member for part of there Christmas this year.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
Redhawk

But no one else in the gun rights arena has done a thing. It is always the NRA that is getting anything actually accomplished. Not one other pro-gun group has actually accomplished a thing. Yea they have tough talk, but that is as far as it gets.
[/quote]

~It's obvious you know nothing about the GOA.

Other Pro-Gun groups have also done a lot for the gun owners in America, as well as the NRA
I don't know why you would make such a statement!

"Gun Owners of America is considered the most aggressive pro-gun lobbying organization."
Roll Call
the newspaper of record on Capitol Hill

"Gun Owners of America is the pit bull of the Second Amendment. They are relentless and never give any ground whatsoever to the gun grabbers."
John Hostettler
U.S. Congressman, Indiana

"Be a real American Warrior for gun rights & freedom. Join GOA & sign up as many members as you can."
Ted Nugent
Rock star

GOA was founded in 1975 by Sen. H.L. (Bill) Richardson (now retired). Richardson continues to serve as the Chairman of Gun Owners of America, bringing his many years of political experience to the leadership of GOA. Richardson is also an avid hunter and outdoorsman.

Do you think these people would make such a comment about the GOA, if they did nothing for the gun owners ?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.