Author Topic: My thoughts on this election  (Read 2391 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: My thoughts on this election
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
Instead of spouting your opinion, did you read Obama's agenda on his websiter before it was removed?

It has not been removed from his website. It's just been placed under "Issues/Urban Policy." The part about gun issues is towards the bottom of "Urban Policy" page, under "CRIME AND LAW ENFORCEMENT." Here is a link to it:

http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/#crime-and-law-enforcement

This page is not the one linked to by NRA.  The site appearance is similar but the other site had all those policies listed under the agenda column and in much more detail.  Obama's anti firearms stance was apparent in that he wanted to implement the Gun Control Act of 68 without possibility of repeal, with more weapons added to the list, creation of a Civilian Security Force having more members than the military, Executive Order the FCC to comply with the Fairness Doctrine, and many more that were totally unbelievable.  This is the watered down policy for urban development.  If you look at what he wants to do with urban development and then look at rural developement, it is clear that he's posturing for more inner city votes in his re election campaign.  Most of the tax money will be spent in inner city development that will be paid for with surburbia and rural taxes.  That is where the redistribution of wealth is going to go. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
It's more than a couple of kids, Casull.  Folks with college educations are getting put out of jobs.  That fact is undeniable.  In this economy, employers are lucky to be able to keep the employees they've got, much less hire newly graduated workers.

Facts are, we're in a recession, and finding a job is tough.  Have you looked lately?  Pretending that everything is peachy only slightly less idiotic than running around like the sky is falling.

Kev, using anectdotal evidence to support your "sky is falling crap" is idiotic.  Big deal, some companies are cutting white collar jobs.  Remember the Clinton years when the media and dem's were telling us everything was fantastic?  Well, guess what, there were companies cutting jobs then too.  And yes, there were companies adding jobs.  Just like it always is.  Yes, we are sliding into a recession.  It happens every several years.  You know, like the one that Clinton left Bush with.  As for times being tough, hell we have 6.5% unemployment, not that far off from record lows and certainly lower than during the Carter years.  Another guess what, the rest of the planet is feeling it too.  The economy is worse than some years, better than others and the only absolute is that it will not remain static, whether up or down.  Now, I'm still waiting for some numbers on all those degreed kids that are sweeping floors for $8 an hour.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Skunk

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
This page is not the one linked to by NRA. The site appearance is similar but the other site had all those policies listed under the agenda column and in much more detail.

Well, then go back to the original post in the other thread that referenced the original page and click it. The NRA now has a photocopy of the page in which you are referring.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »
Well skunk just screwed us all by posting a link to ob's site because those who read the logs will be sure to see who the referrer is and want to know who it is and what it is about.... Thanks num nuts...  yeah thats mean ... but that was also not so bright on your part...  though I am sure they will come looking for us all sooner or later anyway...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Skunk

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »
Well skunk just screwed us all by posting a link to ob's site because those who read the logs will be sure to see who the referrer is and want to know who it is and what it is about.... Thanks num nuts...

Well excuuuuuse me! Like I was supposed to know that we are hiding from Obama here?
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
Well skunk just screwed us all by posting a link to ob's site because those who read the logs will be sure to see who the referrer is and want to know who it is and what it is about.... Thanks num nuts...

Well excuuuuuse me! Like I was supposed to know that we are hiding from Obama here?

hiding no.... looking to be on the radar.... again no... but dont get your feelings hurt as I said I am sure they will come looking for us all sooner or later...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline deltecs

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »
Sir, I fully expect that your conclusions about xyz come looking for us all sooner or later is most accurate.  However, I for one do not expect to go quietly into that good night.  All any of xyz has to do, is research this site and find almost everyone with opposing opinions to Obama's firearms and civic policies that could be construed as seditious, thus giving them cause to act accordingly.  So could Bush have done so, had the 9/11 theories been believed enough to create civil strife.  That didn't happen.  But I can foresee that Obama's civilian security force and possibility of his immigration status as being more believable and potentially violent.  I'm not going to quietly ignore my beliefs and conclusions, just to satisfy PC for a new president elect with policies that are not only radical, but in my belief unConstitutional. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
deltecs:

What are your thoughts about the AK State Defense Force?  Although I read they may be disarmed soon.

Muskeg

By the way, I think Brett's original post is dead on target.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 11:51:13 PM »

You must be one of the lucky ones that still has a job and a home to live in.
For all of you that are saying things aren't that bad, would you feel the same way if you were on the other side of the fence??
I doubt it.
Wake up, the country is hurting bad and some of you don't seem to care because it hasn't hit you YET.
What goes around comes around folks.

Spanky

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 02:33:53 AM »
Billy, a search on your AGCO website shows two (count 'em) job openings in MN.

The first is for an HR rep, and they want someone with a 4 year degree and 2 years experience.  The second is for a product trainer with a bachelor's in agriculture and 2 years experience with farm equipment.

Doesn't look like they're taking people off the street like you claim.

@ Casull

Look at you now, putting words in my mouth.  I said that pretending that the sky was falling is DUMB, because it isn't.  Now, times ARE tough, and out of the college age kids I know, most are having trouble finding work in their field, which is business and marketing.  There isn't anybody that keeps statistics like that, but I don't have to have a number in front of me to know a pattern when I see it.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
Spanky, Kevin

Come to Wyoming. The super paying jobs in the oilfields are mostly filled, but when people went to those jobs it left more normal jobs vacant. The papers are full of help wanted ads and there are signs everywhere.
 I have never gone there but I hear it advertised try googling 'Wyoming Help Wanted"

When the Dems start getting their way the oilfield jobs will go away, and then there will be more workers than jobs, so don't delay. Get in here and prove you are a good man, and you will be able to stay and the scumbags that migrated in for the new jobs will be leaving.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
I am thinking that most of those college grads are Democrats.
BTW. Since Oil and gasoline prices have dropped, what happened to the cries of DRILL DRILL DRILL NOW !! ??

at least until the next time OPEC grabs you by the wallet
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
deltecs:

What are your thoughts about the AK State Defense Force?  Although I read they may be disarmed soon.

Muskeg

The Alaska Defense Force is the old name for this organization.  The proper name is the 49th Military Police Brigade and a part of Alaska's police agencies, subject to the Governor.  As these members are composed of many different occupations, its primary job is to assist the civil and military in preservation of life, liberty and public safety.  Over half of these members are Alaska Constables with all the powers of the State behind them.  They have a shield and must meet the stringent requirements of other Alaska's police agencies.  Most members are past military, though not by necessity.  I've thought of enrolling but am leery that should civil strife become an actuality, I could find myself not following orders.   This I won't do. 

Greg
deltecs

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Quote Kevin

"Aside from that, where are all these blue and gray collar jobs you're talking about?  I'm looking for a change."

Well Kevin, go to Jackson MN. Agco Allis will hire you tomorrow, as long as you can pass a drug test. They are hiring and are the palce I am talking about. Well that is if you are not too good for the job!!!!! All it takes is a good work history. I for one am sick of all these KIDS who think is all it takes is an education and they are right to the top. Try working your way up once, you will have a little better self esteem.
Ya know Billy..... most of the time we don't agree. But your comments in this thread are mostly right on!!
When I worked at Deere, the college kids working part time were convinced that when they graduated they would go to a VP job somewhere and looked at us blue collar guys as Cretans. I have my pension, earned it, and it wasn't a degree that got it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline deltecs

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
I am thinking that most of those college grads are Democrats.
BTW. Since Oil and gasoline prices have dropped, what happened to the cries of DRILL DRILL DRILL NOW !! ??

at least until the next time OPEC grabs you by the wallet

This is my thought on the election along with many more not for this topic.  See today's link on Newsmax regarding Obama's drill policy. 
http://www.newsmax.com/politics/obama_oil_drilling/2008/11/10/149793.html 

Greg
deltecs

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
Kevin, I think you need to get ahold of them if you want a job. I have 2 personal friends that were hired in the past week. One as a welder and the other as a general production type job. I know that alot of the younger generation thinks they can just check out the internet and want adds and find a job. Take it from me beating your feet and going around to the source gets you alot further. Once again, Blue collar, white collar whatever, you need to get a foot in the door and work your way up. So are these guys too good to get thier hands dirty?  I suppose we could ALL get a degree, get us a managment job and then we could import a bunch of illegal aliens to the work, after all you guys are too good for that menial labor.

Another place hiring is Butterfield Foods, they process old laying hens down to parts which are exported to China and Mexico. If you are looking for work there are jobs out there, providing you are not too good for those jobs.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.