Author Topic: "... Apoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have." 1 Sam.8:5  (Read 819 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
If you read the Bible you know how that turned out.

Obama Spokesman Says 'Obama Ready to RULE on Day 1'

By Warner Todd Huston 
November 10, 2008 - 02:02 ET 

The co-chair of Barack Obama's Transition Team, Valerie Jarrett, appeared on Meet the Press this weekend and used, shall we say, an interesting word to described what she thinks Barack Obama will be doing in January when he's officially sworn into office. She told Tom Brokaw that Obama will be ready to "rule" on day one. It's a word that reflects the worst fears that people have for Obama the "arrogant," the "messiah," that imagines he's here to "rule" instead of govern.

Jarret told Brokaw that "given the daunting challenges that we face, it's important that president elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule day one."

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1 .html?q=blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/11/10/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
That very word jumped out at me as well!!

With the Senate and House now being compliant to the new Pres. it will be very much so.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
It's a good thing islam is such a peacful and tolerant religion

Respect few and fear none
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
What is a "kink" and why would we want one to lead us? ???

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
It says King in the Bible, until then the Israelites had had individuals show up to lead the when needed and then they went away when they weren't needed any more. God warned them that a King wasn't a very good idea, but they were stiff necked so they got Saul. Except for David and Solomon, it was pretty much downhill from there.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
Thanks, that makes more sense than a "kink".

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Even worse than this:

Sorry couldn't resist.  Seriously, I think a similar judgement will befall our nation.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: "... Apoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have." 1 Sam.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
Ooops  :-[  My bad, obviously I meant King with a 'g'.

Although Ray Davies and his sidekicks are probably just as qualified to lead us as Obama and his.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Although Ray Davies and his sidekicks [The Kinks] are probably just as qualified to lead us as Obama and his.  ;)

Well, here's what the Kinks would say. Sing this to the Kink's tune, "You Really Got Me."

OK, here we go:

Obama, you really got us going,
You got us so we don't know what we're doing.
Yeah, you really got us now,
You got us so we can't sleep at night.

See, you got to set us free,
We didn't wanna be on your side.
Obama, you really got us now,
You got us so we can't sleep at night... (The Kinks, with a little help from Skunk)

Hope you guys feel a little better now.  :D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline whelen36

• Avid Poster
on some message boards that are pro-obama , some people are calling him lord obama , as if they're actually worshipping him.
that 11-pointer was too perty to let you have it - ( dale earnhardt )