Author Topic: Transfer Bar  (Read 356 times)

Offline beerhunter

• Trade Count: (2)
Transfer Bar
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:36:09 AM »
The striker from the transfer bar system off my sb 1 frame came unpinned and fell out. I contacted H&R and the gentleman on the phone stated that when i sent it in my frame include my credit card number for the repair. He stated that that part is not covered on the warranty and he has repaired 50 of them and they do not send that part out for me to do the repair. I have ony shot this gun a feu times and the striker still has blueing on it.  >:(

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Transfer Bar
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
Order one from Brownell's, it's one of the recommended spare parts that are listed in the FAQs, use Perklo's trigger hone instructions to R&R it. Remington's policy has changed from Gardner's, they used to send them out free when they broke.  :-\

Tim

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=7140&st=&s=

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline beerhunter

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
Thanks alot for the link.   I looked at the transfer bar in the F&Q It looks like it will be cheaper for me to do it my self than send it in. I cant understand why they wont fix it for free and cover shipping when i dint even have one box of shells threw the gun.  ???( In to days manufacturing custom satisfaction is a big plus to keep people buying you product)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:12:57 AM »
That's a real shame they told you that, I think I'd give em a call and talk to someone else about it, it wouldn't be the first time Madison CS has given misinfo about H&R products, Gardner would have fixed it in a heart beat or offered to send the part! :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain