Author Topic: Near Death Experience  (Read 673 times)

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
Near Death Experience
« on: November 12, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »
When I was a teen I had what some people call a near death experience, with the warm, bright light...

Anyone else here have one in the past ?

I know this can be a somewhat unbelievable experience to those who have never had one, but those who have had it never forget it. 

If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Near Death Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
how  did  it  happen??

i  almost  bleed  to death  at 21  i  am  53  now
it  kinda  feels good
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
how  did  it  happen??

i  almost  bleed  to death  at 21  i  am  53  now
it  kinda  feels good
How did that happen Tim. I have not heard that one. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »
it   was before  you  knew  me
cut  leg  half  off  and  got  my  hand  too
you  don't  remember  my  thumb  deosn't  work  to  good
leg  ok  just looks  bad  and feels  a little  funny still
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline jvs

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »
  it  kinda  feels good 

I had no complaints when I was there.  I wanted to stay where ever I was.  It was nice in that warm, bright light.  Right before I woke up again I can remember wanting to stay there, with whoever and whatever is there, but I wasn't allowed to stay that time.

Even though it happened a looooong time ago, I am not afraid of death and what might be on the other side.  If my experience is any indication of death, there is no need to fear it.   

I can't say for sure how long I was there, but I really didn't want to come back here.   I wasn't aware of people, but I was aware of 'others'.  When it was apparent that I could not stay there, it was sad.

While I don't look forward to the end of the gift of life, I have not feared the end  almost all of my life. 

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:47:31 AM »
I had one forty years ago in Walter Reed.  Woke up the next morning with a horrible hurting chest.  My heart just stopped beating-not a heart attack.  The cardiac moniter went off and a big male nurse Major pounded on my chest with his ham size fists to get it started again. 

There was a priest in a room off the ward who was recovering from a heart attack.  He said the last rights of the Catholic Church over me.

My experience was much like that of jvs. 

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »
I have not had the NDE but my uncle who served in Korea did.   He was on the flight deck of a carrier when a damaged jet made an emergency landing.   In the crash he was impacted by several big pieces of metal, the first one knocking off his helmet and the next two caving in his skull. 

He was on life support for 6 days when he finally started coming out of the fog.   He remembered vividly the warm bright light, with someone's (he did not know who) presence.   he said he wanted to go toward the light but a voice told him he was not ready.   Then he remembers waking up in the hospital.   

He did not talk much of it in the 50's and '60's as he was afraid people would think he was crazy, or had a continuing brain injury.   But as more research and knowledge had come out on NDE he started talking more openly.    It did deepen his faith.   
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline Horsefeathers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
I Had one. My breathing was obstructed in my sleep(apnea). I was in total darkness hurling through space in a tunnel,towards a bright light as I emerged from the tunnel the light was blinding but my eyes were shielded by a large Cross out front. It was as if I was entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Then I woke up gasping for air. Wow!  Horsefeathers.

Offline jvs

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
I saw nothing but the bright light, and I felt nothing but the warmth.  I was aware of 'others' as I said, but there was nothing physical to see, touch or smell.  The light was very bright but not blinding.  The warmth was 'cozy'.

I too wanted to go closer to the light and was basically told to 'go back'. 

I have never related to anyone about this experience, mostly because some people would think I'm nuts.  I have read of experiences and have seen programs about them.  Whether it is just the Brain shutting down or is an actual look into what may lie beyond is up to the person who has those experiences to say.

All I know is that I don't fear death after my experience.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »
i   never  went  as  ''deep''  as y'all  have
i started  getting  thirsty  and  new  that was  a sign  of bleeding to death
then i  didn't  care that i  was  thirsty  and it didn't bother  me  to look  into  my  hand
or  that a friend has  putting  his  belt  around  my  leg i told  him get it as  tight as  you can, no pain
then  i  thought  ''euphoria''  another sign  i was about  to  die
i  told another worker  there  that  if i passed  out  and let go  of my wrist,too  make sure  and keep pressure  on  that artery
every one around me was st anting in  my blood

that  was  long  ago  and  i am  sure  much  worse  has happened  to  others
many  did  more  than  just  come  close

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 11:02:38 AM »
i   never  went  as  ''deep''  as y'all  have
i started  getting  thirsty  and  new  that was  a sign  of bleeding to death
then i  didn't  care that i  was  thirsty  and it didn't bother  me  to look  into  my  hand
or  that a friend has  putting  his  belt  around  my  leg i told  him get it as  tight as  you can, no pain
then  i  thought  ''euphoria''  another sign  i was about  to  die
i  told another worker  there  that  if i passed  out  and let go  of my wrist,too  make sure  and keep pressure  on  that artery
every one around me was st anting in  my blood

that  was  long  ago  and  i am  sure  much  worse  has happened  to  others
many  did  more  than  just  come  close

Tim what cut you that bad? Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:50:26 AM »
paper machine