Author Topic: please help Oe shooting all over the place  (Read 738 times)

Offline remltr

• Trade Count: (0)
please help Oe shooting all over the place
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
I have a Oe in 30 06 with a dura sight base weaver rings and Nikon buckmaster scope. I am trying to sight this rifle in and from a good rest with rem corelokt 150gr rings lapped and fitted the rifle is shooting in a 4.5" group in a 100yards from 4.5 to right to the next shot 4.5 to the left and so on and the same at 50 yards called cva they told me switch ammo. can you let me know if any of you have seen this or can you tell me some ammo for the 06 that you might have luck with. thank you

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: please help Oe shooting all over the place
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »
I have not tried the 150 corelokts,but the 165 shoots okay (1 1/2" to 1" at 100) . I think I would try the 180's and see how they would do. Mine also likes the 165 gr.Hornady light magnums even better.Hope this helps.   Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
That sounds more like a bad scope or mounts, I'd remove the scope and base, remount the base with Loctite on the  screws, and make sure the rings are tight when you remount the scope. Mounting a known to be good scope wouldn't be out of line either in the process of elimination to find the cause of the back and forth groups. Is the barrel good and tight on the frame when the action is closed, no looseness?

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:19 AM »
I would have to agree, It sounds like a scope issue. Have you used that scope before or is it new?

Offline remltr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »
I wanted to post that i made a few changes to my OE and it was the rings that where bad. I changed the rings and it shots alot better thanks ERIC