Author Topic: Secretary of State Clinton??  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Secretary of State Clinton??
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:35:36 AM »
Just saw on the early morning news.
Obama plans on offering Hillary the position.
I hope it don't happen.

Spanky

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Secretary of State Clinton??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:35 AM »
Who cares?  It will effectively take hillary out of the running for any future presidency. When was the last time a Sec. of State was ever nominated for the presidency?  Colin Powell was asked if he was interested and he bowed out.  Condolesa rice would have been excellent in the White House but nobody asked her if she was interested. 

If he appoints the witch all she will do is carry out his orders - the Sec. of State doesn't have much leeway to push her own political agenda.  She can always say later that this gives her lots of 'foreign' experience if she wants to run again but if the obama administration is in disfavor at the time she will be viewed in the same light as other administration appointess - one of them....

I think that when she lost to him she lost, period.  I think an appointment like this will just take her further out of the picture.  She won't have the lattitude to play her own agenda.  An appointment like this will lock her into history and that's where she will stay.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:09:33 AM »
I don't think anything can make the situation worse than it is.  We have a dictator and he will do whatever he wishes.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:02:17 AM »
Short of her staying out of politics totally, I think it would be a whole lot safer for you all if she takes that post rather then sitting in the Supreme Court.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:06:32 AM »
Putting her in this job and keeps her out of the Supreme Court.  Anything that keeps her out of the court will only prolong our second amendment rights.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:32 AM »
Putting her in this job and keeps her out of the Supreme Court.  Anything that keeps her out of the court will only prolong our second amendment rights.

Short of her staying out of politics totally, I think it would be a whole lot safer for you all if she takes that post rather then sitting in the Supreme Court.

That's the truth.

Spanky

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »
"I think when she lost to him, she lost, period."

I pray you are right. I wish the woman would just evaporate from the political scene like the morning fog. Probably an idle wish that won't be granted.

Why would appointing her SOS take her out of the running for a Supreme Court seat when one becomes available? Is there some law saying a president can't appoint a cabinet member to the Supreme Court? With a democratic controlled Congress she would be a shoo-in. What a disaster.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
She would be far less of a threat to this nation in that position than her current one or on the Supreme Court.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »
I am not aware of any reason why she couldn't be switched from Sec of State to the Supreme Court. I do think that if a position becomes available on the Court it will be filled with someone more radical then Hillary :o

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
Bill has been mentioned as a likely appointment to the SC.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »
NEVER count the Clintons out of anything.  You should know that by now.  They almost always seem to get what they want.  The loss of the Democrat Nomination is about the only exception.  In my opinion, there are alot more qualified people in Gov't that would make a much better Sec of State than a Clinton, people who have spent their life in Diplomacy, which leads me to believe that it is Hillary who wants the position.  Not BHO who originally thought of using her.

And you too can bet your bottom dollar if a Clinton, or both Clintons want a position of the Supreme Court, they will get it/them, regardless of their current position.   I believe the Clintons still have not gotten it through their heads that Hillary won't be President.   

It is not unusual to have an ex-president sit as a Justice.   It has been done in the past. 

You don't have to be a fan of the Clintons, but you got to be a realist.  They are a wart on the nose of this country that just won't go away fast enough.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 12:12:33 AM »
Me thinks that Hillary will not get the state job.  Her hubby is involved in all kinds of international shena igans.  Bill Richardson is also in the running for state. 

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 02:29:43 AM »
On the plus side, she is already "battle-tested" in foreign lands under dangerous circumstances as, by her own testimony, she "landed under sniper fire". ::) ::)

On the minus side, it would be embarassing to the U.S. if, after she visits a foreign leader, some of their silverware or other artifacts were missing as were things (reportedly) from the White House upon her departure.   :-\ :-\
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 03:05:50 AM »
As Sec. of State, Hitlary would be fourth in line for the Presidency if any ill luck   should befall the others.  That shouldn't be too hard to arrange.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »
If she is No 4, it would mean that at least 3 others would keep her as the Sec. of State.  That is doubtful IMO

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 06:03:42 AM »
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »
from rice to clinton we sure dont understand trading up.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 03:22:06 AM »
Keep your friends close, but you enemies closer. I prefer her in a puppet job like that than my state senator any longer for sure
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 04:30:40 AM »
If she is No 4, it would mean that at least 3 others would keep her as the Sec. of State.  That is doubtful IMO

Does the word "simultaneous" mean anything to ya?  Yeah, I know it's a stretch, but who would believe we'd ever have a President that's only half American and with a name like Barack Hussein Obama?  I wouldn't rule anything out.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 05:52:37 AM »
It would be a very looooong stretch getting all of them bunched up ;)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
There was an article in the local paper, yesterday I believe, that Bill Richardson had also been interviewed by Obama for the job. I'm pulling for Richardson to get it. If he gets to be SOS , New Mexico is rid of him. He has messed up enough here already. Everyone needs to share him.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:48 AM »
Richardson is another big Open Border, Let the Hordes come in, Advocate.

BTW. One of the above post in regards to never underestimate the Cintons makes me wonder just how much the rumor of Obama's country of birth question has any merit.
Wouldn't you think if he was not qualified to be President, the Clinton's would be all over the universe with their screaming "FOUL"

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 04:18:18 AM »
i  don't  care  if he is eligible  or  not

his eligibility  is  in dispute in  several stat courts  now

right  or  wrong  i  hope he  looses just  one case or more [any one got  any  updates]

democrats bring turmoil where ever they go
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 07:25:13 AM »
Let us presume that he is not eligible. Now what??
Biden is going to be installed? Hillary wants to be anointed? Another election?
The Supreme Court will block Obama's installation? I doubt it very much.
It will be more like  " For the good of the nation and to prevent widespread civil unrest" blah blah blah