Author Topic: sidekick stock question  (Read 755 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
sidekick stock question
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:33:53 PM »
are the stocks on the sidekick and other H&R fireamrs interchangeable?  I have a sidekick I want to put a youth montecarlo stock on, but do not want to purchase one if they do not interchange.  Thanks for any help in advance
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: sidekick stock question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:50:40 PM »
are the stocks on the sidekick and other H&R fireamrs interchangeable?  I have a sidekick I want to put a youth montecarlo stock on, but do not want to purchase one if they do not interchange.  Thanks for any help in advance

bubba,

Yes they are, the stocks all go on the same.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bubba

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »
thanks busta I knew you would have the answer.  Now to find a youth monte carlo wood stock. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »
The buttstock fit is the same, but the forends are definitely not the same.   The hinge to screw distance on a sidekick is close to an inch longer than all other models.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
The buttstock fit is the same, but the forends are definitely not the same.   The hinge to screw distance on a sidekick is close to an inch longer than all other models.

Very true, he said he just wanted to change the stock to a Monte Carlo. I hope you didn't also mean the forend, bubba?

bubba,

You will need a 9/16" thin (VERY THIN) walled socket for the synthetic stocks, if it is one of the newer ones. For some reason they have re-designed the inside so now the bolt head fits way down inside a countersink inside the stock. On the old synthetics it was no problem, on the new one I had to remove material of the O.D. of an old 9/16" socket to get in there. One of those "better ideas"!  ::)
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bubba

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
thanks for the info. I looked at my hunsman and it isnt a montecarlo stock just the straight one. Looking for a wooden one I posted on the classifieds.  I just want the shorter lop it is more comfortable for me. No plans to change the forend

Molon Labe