Author Topic: Name Calling  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Name Calling
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
OK Enough... I am just as guilty as others and after about 200 complaints I agree ENOUGH...

This applies to all members across the board if you can not refer to a members by member name then do not address the member at all. If you can not refer to people not a member by their name then use their initials or don't post about them at all.

OK... so now lets all try to be adults and let the childish name calling end... to those I called idiots and such I sincerely apologize. Now lets come together and find a solution to our common problems and save this country before it is to late.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Name Calling
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Are certain mods exempt??? or does that apply to everyone??? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 01:27:06 PM »
I for one agree. we must stop bickering and find a cure for the cancer that is the lawmaker

What we have here is a lack of respect for the law
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »
Applies equally to all. Just remember that some times Matt and I are not exactly equal to all and we might at times step beyond what others can. We try not to, OK I try not to, but at times someone's gonna really piss us off and we're gonna show it. Don't make it right mind you but we hold a kinda unique position here so it might happen.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »
I assume this means calling our president elect by his proper name.  ;) 8) :-* :)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
That is the way I read it.
Blessings

BTW---GB, I wuz gonna nominate you for the Nobel peace prize, but since that post, I is gonna nominate Matt. :D ;)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 04:45:17 PM »
I assume this means calling our president elect by his proper name.  ;) 8) :-* :)

Maybe your president, but not mine. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »
Is it ok to Democrats idiots?

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »

lol, does anyone expect him to be a member of a firearms site by conviction?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »
Matt and GB,
     Thanks for the warning.  I for one have always liked this site due to the lack of name-calling, flame wars and crap like that.  I had noticed that some of this was starting up.  I'm glad you are putting an end to it.  Keep us on the straight and narrow...  To all (Yep, you too GB and Matt), think twice before hitting "POST".  Those in leadership must exercise twice the caution as everyone else.  If a Private says something, it doesn't carry near the weight of a Colonel saying the same thing.  What members say is one thing, what you guys say is something different.  Sucks that it's that way but that's just the way it is.  We all have to be careful.  Just recently I got attacked by some folks in Boy Scout Leadership positions.  This got pretty nasty.  I had some pretty scathing remarks typed up but in the end I thought through it four or five times and hit "delete" instead of "send".  Short part is they have both lost their memberships in the BSA permanently.  I'm still here and they are gone...  Discretion is the better part of valor at times...

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »
Here!!! Here!!  Always good to stop and think a moment. Wish I could take my own advice. Good post.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 04:51:28 AM »
About time. We are mostly adults on this forum and should conduct ourselves as such. We should be able to disagree and try to get our point across without resorting to calling each other idiots or much worse. If you are not articulate enough to make your point without insulting someone, you should just keep your mouth shut whether in person or on the internet.

That goes for everyone, member, moderator, or owner. Yes, the owners may have to step in at times but they should be civil while doing it. For example, "Your behavior here is unacceptable, continue with (the reason) and you will be banned.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:54 AM »
the warning applies to members as I read it. So if you want to call a non-member a name, that I think is ok.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 05:45:39 AM »
This is nothing more than common sense and decency, we should all be able
to live with. some of US have a problem with common sense at times ;D :o ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:50 AM »
We'll see how long that lasts. ::)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »

the warning applies to members as I read it. So if you want to call a non-member a name, that I think is ok.

OK Enough... I am just as guilty as others and after about 200 complaints I agree ENOUGH...

This applies to all members across the board if you can not refer to a members by member name then do not address the member at all. If you can not refer to people not a member by their name then use their initials or don't post about them at all.

OK... so now lets all try to be adults and let the childish name calling end... to those I called idiots and such I sincerely apologize. Now lets come together and find a solution to our common problems and save this country before it is to late.

Matt

try reading it one more time and see if you still feel that way.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline jvs

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:03 AM »
There's still nothing worse than being called a Liberal

However hard it is at times, I promise never to use the term Dumb-Ass Liberal, Dumb-0-Crap, Baby-Killer, Tree-Hugger, Tinkerbell or Girly-Men again on this website when confronted by someone I suspect of being a Liberal Spy...

From now on I will only use the term 'Liberal'. 

(as long as everyone else knows what I really mean)

Will I still be able to suggest to people that come here get to read the Federalists Papers?
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »
If the purpose of these forums is anything other than driving the discussion down to childish baloney (which I don't believe is the intent here), getting rid of the name calling is 100% positive.  There are lots of good people here with great expertise and opinions.  BTW, ever notice how folks like Tim (Quickdtoo) stay above the trash and help others at every opportunity?  Makes this place a great place.

Having said that, could we all just have one shot per month each at the Democrats and Liberals? ;D ;D
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with callling out liberals, democrats, Viking fans, and the like for what they are.  This enforcement of current rules really seems to apply to common sense, courteous conduct between posters. 

Way too many topics degrade quickly into personal battles and the original topic is almost lost.

Although it can be fun to watch some of the infighting and childish bickering, it gets old quick.

Hope this helps........it's going to be hard as we get closer to the osama dictatorship Obama presidency   ;)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 10:13:06 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with callling out liberals, democrats, Viking fans, and the like for what they are.  This enforcement of current rules really seems to apply to common sense, courteous conduct between posters. 

Way too many topics degrade quickly into personal battles and the original topic is almost lost.

in a nut shell yep.... or to put in the simplest terms ACT LIKE ADULTS...

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
Name calling has never been a convincing argument.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline plumberroy

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 12:08:59 PM »
Name calling has never been a convincing argument.

Cheese
I have found that name calling begins when some one runs out of ammo for an intelligent discussion
Besides B.O. works ::) for me
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline jvs

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »
I forgot to add 'Sniveling, Degenerate Cry-Baby' in my last post.  So kindly  add that term to the list of names I will not call a Liberal.

Did I leave any out?

It might be better to have a list of terms that may upset people, that way everyone nows what not to put in print.  We could have a 'Sticky' at the top of this Forum.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »
can  we start a school  yard name calling  no words  barred forum

we  can  call  it   ''kids on the playground''  or  '' the bullys turf''

i  think  some people  just need  this to  vent

some  just get  amused

might  just keep  them from exploding  in  the real  world

and  make  the  ignore buttons  won't work for 24 hours after  you go to this forum
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.