Author Topic: double standards  (Read 672 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
double standards
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:38 AM »
What's good enough for us evidently is not good enough for the Obama's.  I'm sure we are in for a lot of these types of hypocrisy's in the next four years.

"Barack and Michelle Obama are poised to commit a classic act of limousine-liberal hypocrisy -- in this case, turning their backs on tens of thousands of inner-city kids in Washington, D.C. Public schools, it seems, are good enough for poor and middle-class families, but not for rich families like the Obamas. In July, when he addressed the NAACP's annual convention, Sen. Barack Obama expressed his devotion to American public schools, vowing he would not 'walk away from them' by supporting school-choice programs like Sen. John McCain did. ... There were 59,616 students enrolled in the D.C. public schools in 2006, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. If McCain's plan to increase by 2,000 the number of vouchers available in the District were enacted, taxpayers would still be spending $15,798 per student per year to send more than 55,000 kids through a school system where about nine out of 10 students do not learn to read or do math at grade-level proficiency by the time they 'graduate' from elementary school. What is Obama's plan to deal with this? Spend $18 billion more in federal tax dollars on public education (as he promised in his campaign) -- and send his own kids to extremely expensive private schools. Currently, Obama's two daughters (ages 7 and 10) attend the University of Chicago Lab School, where tuition is $18,492 for grades 1-4 and $20,286 for grades 5-8. When Michelle Obama visited Washington this week, she toured only two prospective schools for her daughters: Sidwell Friends, where lower-school tuition is $28,442; and Georgetown Day, where tuition is $27,445 for grades 1-5." --columnist Terence Jeffrey

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Re: double standards
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
Well ya. They were never down with the brothers. They have money or they would not be where they are. On the other hand id i was a upper class politician i would not send my kids to public school. If i had the money i would not send my kids to public school. You just play the hand you are dealt

Have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline lrs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
There are double standards and hypocrisy out the ying yang, to be sure.  But I don't see it here. 
Face it, the family's of high level govt officials are not going to live the kind of life you and I live.
Just the security issues alone, would necessitate special considerations.  I mean are talking about the first family, though it makes me queasy to think about it.

As a footnote *
I have not yet laid eyes on bo since the election.  I can't stand the thought of what I think is to come.  It just makes me sick with disgust.
Oh well, that's just the way things are.  Whatever.
I will do everything I can not to see him speaking about anything, anytime, anywhere. 
" we are screwed "

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
i  would not put my kids in public schools  if   i was going to take over the  USA and  abolish  people rights

i  would  not want  his kids going to school  with  my kids

to  many  out  to  get  him  and  i wouldn't want my kids in  the crossfire

just  so   he can  pretend  that  he  cares
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
 i ll agree .. can t see how any super wealthy person could take the chance of getting thier kids kidnapped..so that  don t play for me..
  ive thought ,,if i won some huge lottery .. heck id have to hire protection for a whole lotta people.. id try an deal with it tho.. :) :)

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »
I always wondered why he married a black women

Offline kebs

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 01:40:44 AM »
Seriously, why would you expect the President to put his kids in a public school?  Has there ever been a President that did this?  I do not like this guy, but come on.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »
Didn't Pres. Carter's kids attend public school?

But really that's not the point I'm trying to make.  We are all forced to pay taxes into a government run public school system which is failing miserably.  Even the elderly who's kids are long grown and those who for one reason or another do not have children are forced to finance the public schools which teach to the governments agenda, i.e.; Raising the next generation of sheep.

The 'No child left behind" program is a farce. Teachers are told by administrators to focus all their effort in preparing students for the standardized tests so that the school does not loose funding.   The kids are made to memorize and regurgitate information but are no longer taught how to reason or think out side of the box. If you don't believe me just ask any public school teacher.  What was once a nation of thinkers, inventors and problem solvers is fast becoming a nation of dependents. 

I would welcome a school voucher system where I could get a break on my taxes and be able to send my child to the school of my choice.  I think the educational standards and the quality of the instruction would be vastly improved in this country if schools and teachers had to compete for our business just like any other service industry.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:38:57 AM »
I always wondered why he married a black women

I suppose he married who he wanted to. What I wonder about, with all the pretty women available, is why he even looked at her.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
what  part of  the constitution  directs  the government  to provide schools??

what  does the 10nth amendment say about  it??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »
There is nothing in the constitiution that says Education, there also is nothing about social security, or Health care.
What gets me is when the liberals get something passed in the polls and the right opposes it they scream that we voted and that's that!  when they loose in the polls it's a law suite and it's that it's unconstitiutional"