Author Topic: Word for today  (Read 225 times)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Word for today
« on: November 19, 2008, 02:59:03 AM »
I have been doing daily Bible reading for years. There is a "Daily Bible" which kind of reorganizes the Bible to make it chronicalogical, It has commentary. I have read through it several times. There is also a "One year Bible" It just takes the Bible as it is and divides it up so that each day you read from the old and new testaments and Psalms and Proverbs. I am reading that one this year.

It is amazing how it seems like every day I find something in there that fits the day. Today Ezekiel 39 talked about how Russia is going to invade Israel and that the invaders will be absolutely destroyed. A few years ago that seemed nearly impossible, but now it seems more possible with every passing day.

As is so often the case though Psalms spoke to what is going on in my heart. 118:6 The Lord is with me I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Maybe Obama said it best when described us to his soul mates in San Francisco while he was campaigning there. We are the people who cling to our Guns and our Bibles.

I was going to keep this short, but I can't not include the Proverb of the day. Prov. 28:2 When a country is rebellious it has many rulers, but a man of understanding and knowledge maintains order. Is Geo Bush our last man of understanding and knowledge?