Author Topic: Opinions on new NRA Firearms Self defense videos?  (Read 747 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Opinions on new NRA Firearms Self defense videos?
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
Hey this fall NRA has been sending me DVD on firearms self defense and I've bought the first two. They seem pretty good and have provided me with new info as I haven't been much of a student on the topic even tho I have a CCW.

I am wondering what other folks think of this series and are they worth it?

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Opinions on new NRA Firearms Self defense videos?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:41:30 PM »
 I had a chance to review them a few months back in D.C. I was very impressed. They were slightly to politically correct for my taste, but the NRA is under a huge spotlight. Dand if you have gained even one tip that could save your life, yes sir they are worth it. I have a little bit of a military and LE background and really liked the presentation of techniques and statistics offered. I get a whole lot of training and can say what they are offering is a real gem to the law abiding citizen that could be caught in a bad situation.
Molon labe

Offline CyberDean

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:42:12 PM »
Hi Dand and Bugflipper,

I am fairly new to GBO and NRA, are these DVD's listed on NRA's web site?  I have not been able to locate them, where might I find them?   I am not new to shooting, but always looking for ways to be safer, and at my age I might be able to help the younger shooters be safer as well in my area.

Thanks, Dean
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  Mt 6:33

Dean, West Virginia, USAF, Retired, NRA Life Member, member HCA, USCCA

S&W M&P 45 & M&P Compact 40S&W, H&R Handi Rifle SB2 45-70 (2),  Marlin 1895G 45-70 GOVT,  Winchester 70 25 WSSM,  Santa FE #12014 Delux Mauser MK1 30-06

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Cyber, I hadn't checked this site for a while so pardon the delayed answer:  These DVDs are distributed thru NRA (I think) but made by another outfit.  The series is call Personal Firearm Defense DVD Series.  I haven't had a chance to look at the newest one that came mid December, just as the kids got school break.  It is titled Defensive Firearms Use in Public.  The instructor is Rob Pincus, founder of I. C. E Training Company.  I haven't been to the NRA site to locate it but maybe this info will help.  The dvd covers are dark gray with a shield in the middle and the title over the shield.   I took a moment to try to find them and like you can't on the NRA site so did a Google and worked my way to the ICE store and found them here.  I'm not totally clear what the arrangement is with NRA as they have some disclaimers on the cover. But here you are with the link: http://www.icestore.us/servlet/the-DVDs/Categories  And ICE is or was somehow associated with Pincus' Valhalla training center at: http://www.imakenews.com/valhalla/e_article000971018.cfm?x=b11,0,w

Hope this helps.  I should take a look at this latest one. I think it would help to watch each a number of times.  Even better would be to watch them at a range and then practice the techniques right after watching.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline CyberDean

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:39:51 AM »
Thanks Dand, I'll check it out after church this am.
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  Mt 6:33

Dean, West Virginia, USAF, Retired, NRA Life Member, member HCA, USCCA

S&W M&P 45 & M&P Compact 40S&W, H&R Handi Rifle SB2 45-70 (2),  Marlin 1895G 45-70 GOVT,  Winchester 70 25 WSSM,  Santa FE #12014 Delux Mauser MK1 30-06