Author Topic: FNH sure got this one right  (Read 626 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
FNH sure got this one right
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:25:23 AM »

These are very nice ,i held one today and this has the Blow Back type system like the Bennelli shotguns do.
As a 308 rifle for Hunting and protection this one is the Crown Jewel.
The one i saw had the pistol grip and straight stock .a 20round Mag and a 5 round.
The 5 round streamlined it into a great Deer rifle.
A real winner from FNH and right before Obama is going to crap on our rights :mad:
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Re: FNH sure got this one right
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »
Wow! That is slick dude
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:51:10 AM »
NICE   8)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
This thing is the pentacle of what we all talk about here , it could easily replace the M14 ,the LAR ,ar10.
You gotta go hold one of these guys , i am hard core M14 ,but this will make your jaw drop for sure.
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »

Yes, but FN needs to offer this with a standard sporting butt stock (meaning no pistol grip).  This rifle is based on the BAR sporting rifle, and so it should be very easy to offer one.  The M1A doesn't come with a pistol grip, and it does just fine.   FN would double its consumer sales of this rifle with a standard stock, because there lots of upper middle class guys who would love a duel purpose rifle, but don't want the stigma of a hard core assault rifle.

No worries, I guess.  O'Bama and his crowd will probably ban pistol grips on rifles by mid-February.  So, FN will have to wise up.  :-)

Mannyrock

Offline phalanx

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »
You can get it with a straight stock , and a 5 or 10 round mag slimlines the entire rifle.
FN was to offer it in different calibers for our market ,,,until this election. >:(
The trouble is the mags, but looking at them a guy with a Mill could make an M14 mag work.
manny i thought a BAR also, but the bolt looks more like one from a Bennelli shot gun.
A tactical one has a place on the barrel to use flip up sights , yes this one impressed me ,and im not easily impressed.
Constantine III

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 05:13:30 AM »
Hey Phalanx,

Great news about the straight stock, but where are you seeing this?   I have searched the FN website regarding this rifle, and I couldn't find any mention or picture of a straight stock.  I've also looked at all of the FNHs for sales on the boards, and have never seen a straight stock.   Can you direct me to a picture or ad please?

The American Rifleman had a big write up of this rifle several months ago, and they said the rifle was based on "a modified version" of the BAR sporting rifle.  So, you are right, it isn't exactly the same.

Caliber?  Well, I know you hard-core recon guys will think I'm nuts, but I would rather have one in .243 Winchester.  Extremely hard hitting round for defense purposes, lighter weight ammo than the .308, and far less recoil.   Ammo availability?  The .243 winchester is routinely listed as the 4th most popular rifle cartridge sold in the U.S., so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thanks for any info.

Mannyrock

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
Estimate on price? Don't like that stock, but straight stock would be nice.
Molon labe