Author Topic: AR Magazine questions  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Coalminer7

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: AR Magazine questions
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »
Ordered 4  30 rd Pmags from Brownells Nov. 7 got them today.  Called Brownells on Pmags today, lady said they had like 80000 on B.O.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »
I'm wondering how many people have ordered from several distributors, planning to take whoever can fill their order first, then cancel the others.  When that starts happening, availability will happen fast.  It's too bad, because manufacturer's are working hard to fill orders and suddenly they will find the will have overstocks when only half of the orders are full.  That will be good for the rest of us, unless congress beats us with legislation before we can take delivery.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
Pricey - yes they are!  But, I guess when your 'butt is on-the-line' every day (kicking doors in Sadr City during 'the surge'), you have a different perspective on money. H&K SA80 mags were (maybe still are) the best available. 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
I'm wondering how many people have ordered from several distributors, planning to take whoever can fill their order first, then cancel the others.  When that starts happening, availability will happen fast.  It's too bad, because manufacturer's are working hard to fill orders and suddenly they will find the will have overstocks when only half of the orders are full.  That will be good for the rest of us, unless congress beats us with legislation before we can take delivery.  44 Man

Not me. I plan to take everything I have ordered and made no duplicate orders with plans to do otherwise. I think the only thing I have left on back order now are the Mag-Pul mags and I think I have sixteen total of them on order split 10-6 between 30 and 20 round but don't actually recall which I ordered ten of rat at this moment. I'll take that back I think I'm still waiting on some 15 round G22 mags also.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 05:13:27 AM »
I had a total of 19 ordered.  And have only recieved 2 30rd PMags which I ordered Sunday.  Three 20rd PMags are in the mail which I ordered Wednesday.  A bunch of Lancer's and the Stoner's from Midway are still MIA that I ordered quite a while ago.  Having better luck with the PMags for some reason...  They are very nice though, looking forward to comparing to the Lancer's.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:52 AM »
FYI,

Midway has the CProducts 30 round black mags in stock and for sale for $13.  At least as of this morning they did.  The CProducts mags have excellent reviews on the website also!

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 05:38:26 AM »
Nevermind,
     Now they are all sold out again.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
Midway really has a problem with Mag's it seems.  95% of the Mag's they have are out of stock and have been that way for a long time.  I ordered a bunch of the Stoner Mags mid December.  Back then they said delivery would be the 23 of December, every time I check delivery date is pushed back a week.  Now delivery is estimated at Feb 2.  I know Mags are tough to come by everywhere, but I can find mags in stock everyday somewhere and delivery usually takes 3 days.  I would think that such a high volume outfit like Midway would be able to aquire them a little faster than they are. If they weren't $10 and good quality I would cancel and buy only PMags.  They are still the first place I look for stuff though! ;D
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
I don't think any of the dealers have any amount of control over when they get magazines and how many of them they get.  They are at the mercy of supply and demand like everyone else.  The problem with a high volume place like Midway is that everyone knows about them.  When those mags came into stock an e-mail was sent out to more guys than just me.  Assuming most who got that e-mail bought a couple mags that would eat up a fresh inventory quickly.  I don't hold any grudge against any dealer for not having something on the shelf especially with the buying frenzy that's going on now.  If it has to do with an AR-15 type, it's probably sold out across the board.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 05:51:28 PM »
I got the Stoner's I ordered from Midway already. I've had them perhaps a week but I'm pretty sure I got my order in well ahead of yours. They are getting them in by the tens of thosands at a time I think but they have so many on back order at that $9.99 price they are gone the day after they arrive or in some cases same day.

I had some Mag-Puls on back order as well and got the 30 round mags but am still waiting on the 20s.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 03:20:51 AM »
I was shocked when I got an e-mail saying that just got those CProducts mags in stock.  I was even more shocked to check out the website and find them to be in stock.  I placed an order, then an hour or two later they were all out of stock.  It's amazing just how fast those mags come and go.  I was content with what I had, but figured we all have a new boss next Tuesday and this may be my last chance.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 04:20:17 AM »
I got the Stoner's I ordered from Midway already. I've had them perhaps a week but I'm pretty sure I got my order in well ahead of yours. They are getting them in by the tens of thosands at a time I think but they have so many on back order at that $9.99 price they are gone the day after they arrive or in some cases same day.

I had some Mag-Puls on back order as well and got the 30 round mags but am still waiting on the 20s.

I ordered them on December 8th.  Not a big deal as long as I get them eventually.  I'm having others trickle in every couple of days or so. 

I finally got a couple Lancer's delivered and have to say they are very impressive.  I actually like them better than the PMags.  They are lighter and feel not as strong, but they are.  And you can see all of the ammo in them.  The only thing they don't have is a anti-tilt follower, but I can't seem to make it fail or stick no matter how I push on the rounds.  Good stuff and available!  Same price as the PMags w/ windows, actually these days the non-window's are going for more than that.
Buckskin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 05:09:03 AM »
I checked my email this morning and at about 6:45 I had an e-mail from Midway saying the Pmags were in stock.  I checked the website at about 8:30 and they were all gone.  It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »

I ordered them on December 8th.  Not a big deal as long as I get them eventually.  I'm having others trickle in every couple of days or so. 

I finally got a couple Lancer's delivered and have to say they are very impressive.  I actually like them better than the PMags.  They are lighter and feel not as strong, but they are.  And you can see all of the ammo in them.  The only thing they don't have is a anti-tilt follower, but I can't seem to make it fail or stick no matter how I push on the rounds.  Good stuff and available!  Same price as the PMags w/ windows, actually these days the non-window's are going for more than that.

Just got a notice that the Stoner mags that I ordered Dec 8 that were supposed to be here Dec 23 are now scheduled to be here late March.  Unreal. >:(
Buckskin

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »
Wow! Must have been a bunch of folks ordered between the time I did and you did. I've had mine a long time now. I am still waiting on the Mag-Pul 20 round mags tho. Today I put some Warne rings I hope are tall enough to scope my Remington R15 on back order. Should be interesting to see how long that takes.

We have a GBO member trying to sell both used and new in wrapper GI mags but his price is rather high. I bought some from him initially when I couldn't find anyone with them in stock. I don't regret it even tho I paid too much for them in my opinion. I wanted them "rat now" and he had them ready to ship "rat now" so I paid a premium and got them. They were as stated new in wrapper GI mags. He still has some left and Ruger 10-22 mags also.

If he'd drop his price I'm sure all would go in hours.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
AR mags are kinda like penuts, can't get just one!   ;D  I honestly don't know how many I have.  I do know I've got to refinish 20 or so Colt 20 rounders.   ::)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 02:42:05 AM »
Last night I did some looking around for them and they are not nearly as hard to find as they used to be? 

There were several styles and brands on 44mag.com yesterday at good prices.  I'm also noticing that many of the AR-15's aren't selling for crazy prices on the auctions anymore.  Good news for the people who actually buy rifles to shoot them.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »
Yeah there's plenty of them around now days.  I just wish I knew if I was actually going to get the Stoner's.  I can make up the difference on other SS/Al mags easily enough.  I think I have enough PMags now, except I want a few more 20's.  tThe new style PMags are supposed to be out in a couple weeks along with the new Lancer 20's and Tangodown's new mag.  I'll probably get a couple each of the new ones if Obama doesn't slam the door by then.
Buckskin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »
As long as you have a couple good works mags and a couple more for parts if needed you should be set for life.  I know "how many is enough" is a personal question, but really how many do we all really need?  I'm guessing everyone here has more than enough.

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
As long as you have a couple good works mags and a couple more for parts if needed you should be set for life.  I know "how many is enough" is a personal question, but really how many do we all really need?  I'm guessing everyone here has more than enough.

Look at it this way. If you have to many mags the best thing to do is buy another rifle. Kind of keeps things equal this way.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »
I went to a gun show yesterday and a couple of tables had PMags.  Lot's of 20 rounders and a couple of cases of the 30 round with the window.  Yeah, for $21.50 each!  ($20 for the 20 rounders)  What the hell, I bought a couple anyway.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 05:10:18 AM »
I sent a friendly email to Midway enquiring about the mags I ordered.  Wondering why the delivery date keeps getting pushed back several weeks.  They responded with an expected response of how they were deluged with orders and are doing the best they can to fill them.

Low and behold I got an email this morning confirming that the 20 rounders that were expected to be delivered the 20th of March (originally Dec 23) are on a truck headed for my house.

Coincidence??? Or squeeky wheel rule???
Buckskin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 05:45:57 AM »

Coincidence.  Those e-mails sent out are automatically generated.  I know you want your mags, but there are several other places selling them now too that have them in stock.  Other places don't get near the buying pressure that midway does.  Check 44mag.com then cancel your order with midway if you want.  I don't mean to be rude about it, but if Midway can't take care of it for whatever reason, get over it and just buy the mags from some place else. 

I sent midway an e-mail this morning cancelling an order for some 10-22 mags.  I got tired of waiting and found another site that had them in stock.  I got over it and found a better/quicker deal somewhere else.  I don't have any hard feelings about it, they can either get the mags or they can't.  Midway is still my number 1 go-to website.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 07:29:03 AM »

Coincidence.  Those e-mails sent out are automatically generated.  I know you want your mags, but there are several other places selling them now too that have them in stock.  Other places don't get near the buying pressure that midway does.  Check 44mag.com then cancel your order with midway if you want.  I don't mean to be rude about it, but if Midway can't take care of it for whatever reason, get over it and just buy the mags from some place else. 

I sent midway an e-mail this morning cancelling an order for some 10-22 mags.  I got tired of waiting and found another site that had them in stock.  I got over it and found a better/quicker deal somewhere else.  I don't have any hard feelings about it, they can either get the mags or they can't.  Midway is still my number 1 go-to website.

I don't have any hard feelings at all, actually I am very impressed by their customer service. I know what the market is like out there.  I placed an order with them monday morning and it was shipped same day.  The only reason that I would cancel an order is if I decide that I have too many mags, although I'm getting there...

And actually I have heard of Guy's from the AR-15 forum that have been waiting for Mags from 44Mag.com since early November!  It's everywhere.
Buckskin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »

And actually I have heard of Guy's from the AR-15 forum that have been waiting for Mags from 44Mag.com since early November!  It's everywhere.
[/quote]

At least with the websites like midway & 44mag you can see what they have on hand at the time.  I checked 44mag  earlier today and they have several options for fairly priced 30round mags.  Midway had some 30 rounders but they were all the junky ones that nobody wants to buy, go figure. 

My order I canceled was also due to the price of the 10/22 mags.  At the time paying around $28 for a 25 round butler creek steel lip mag was the norm.  This morning I found a site selling them for $21 and they were in stock.  I figured $60 and get two mags someday, or $60 and get three mags this week.

Strangely enough, I'm starting to notice that the beta 100rd mags are being bought up.  When the big rush went through they weren't hard to find, but now that the 30rd mags are available the beta mags are showing as out of stock.  I'm not interested in one, it's just something that I've noticed.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
Well boys as of last i checked mags are starting to flow like water again , 44 mag is loaded up on 30s and 20s in varied makes , models and finishes ;)

Just passing it along ,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 03:05:22 AM »
Ok, there's something in the air.

So yesterday I cancelled my order with midway for 10-22 mags because they weren't scheduled to be in any time soon.  This morning I get the automated e-mail saying they had them in stock.  I'm guessing they are such a scramble over there that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  I'm still glad I cancelled the order because of the better deal, but I thought I'd mention it here.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 04:40:11 AM »
Ok, there's something in the air.

So yesterday I cancelled my order with midway for 10-22 mags because they weren't scheduled to be in any time soon.  This morning I get the automated e-mail saying they had them in stock.  I'm guessing they are such a scramble over there that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  I'm still glad I cancelled the order because of the better deal, but I thought I'd mention it here.

Like I mentioned earlier, coincidence???
Buckskin

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 04:41:27 AM »
Ok, I just checked and they do have the 10/22 mags in stock, so I guess THAT was coincidence.
Buckskin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 09:27:37 AM »
I don't know what it was, because before I canceled my order the mags were not expected in until the end of Feb.  I don't think they have a good grip on when their shipments are coming in.  Something just isn't clicking for them, but I don't think they made any exceptions to make sure I got my tiny order for two mags in.