Author Topic: OMC/AMT history  (Read 1154 times)

Offline tonygrz

• Trade Count: (1)
OMC/AMT history
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
Hi,

I usually post in the handi-rifle forum but I have a pistol question.  I didn't know which forum to post in but since it's a CC auto, I'll try here.

I bought an OMC Backup.  It doesn't shoot worth a darn.  I tried looking the gun up in the blue book but it only carried the AMT backup.  Is the OMC an earlier model?  It was made in El Monte, Ca.  I paid $185 for it.  Is that about it's value??

Thanks for all the replies.

Tony Garza
tonygrz
Life is great, don't screw it up with WORK !!!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: OMC/AMT history
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
If this is one of the OMC/AMT 380 Backups try this:  cock the gun as though you had loaded a round into the chamber; engage the safety, squeeze the trigger.  If the hammer falls you have to re-cock the piece to both chamber and fire a round.  If this is one of those pistols its value is in how fast you can either get away from it or avoid buying it altogether.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:41 AM »
If this is one of the OMC/AMT 380 Backups try this:  cock the gun as though you had loaded a round into the chamber; engage the safety, squeeze the trigger.  If the hammer falls you have to re-cock the piece to both chamber and fire a round.  If this is one of those pistols its value is in how fast you can either get away from it or avoid buying it altogether.  JMTCW.  Mikey.
;D Ain't it the truth!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:23:46 AM »
Hence the term SNS was invented.
I would hope the weapon has disappeared from your arsenal by the time of this reading.
There are many weapons, better built, and more suitable for the purpose.
Money is not wotrh the risk.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline tonygrz

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 06:09:13 AM »
Yep, it's an expensive paperweight.  I can't get a full mag to fire without some problems, mostly failure to feed/chamber the round.  Tried cleaning and lubing with no luck.  Hate to turn it at a gun show and have someone else have a POS.  But if buying this gun was my last mistake, I'd dance with glee........oh well I can only hope.

Tony Garza
tonygrz
Life is great, don't screw it up with WORK !!!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »

Believe it or not…..there are people that will buy it just for a wall hanger, or as an addition to a collection..  I have seen several guns sell that I thought were only good for the scrap pile, and the buyer walked away pleased.  Take it to a gun show and unload it, don’t look back.

Dealers usually know what they are trading for, so don’t expect to get rich of it, but if you can recover ANY of your investment you are ahead of the game.

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 01:29:16 AM »
Good advise, Rock!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,