Author Topic: Barrel program - No PO Boxes  (Read 551 times)

Offline Bob A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Barrel program - No PO Boxes
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:04:16 PM »
I imagine this has come up before.
I was just looking at the H&R website and it specifically says the order form for a new barrel must have a mailing address and No PO Boxes are accepted.
Is this real? I guess I won't be ordering my new barrel.

Bob A

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Barrel program - No PO Boxes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »
Nothing new there, firearms are returned by UPS who can't deliver to a PO box. If you have a PO box billing address, just state so on the order form, but they need your street address to return the firearm.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Bob A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
Thanks Tim,

I suppose debugging their website is just part of the fun.
I never occured to me that "Mailing Address" didn't mean Mailing Address.

Bob A

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »
I hadn't noticed that before.  Is that something from Remington or before?  I got some barrels for Handi a year or so ago, and they were mailed to my P.O. box.  I suppose it may be something which Homeland Security came up with so they can trace the physical address a gun is sent to.  Right, now that I push the grey matter, I remember that when I sent the Marlin in for a new Cowboy barrel last Summer, I had to have it returned to me at my work place.  The great light dawns!  And yes, it had to do with not having guns fall into the hands of the bad guys. ???

-Winter Hawk-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »
What would we do if big brother wasn't watching over the shoulder. Perish the thought
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline bishopgrandpa

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
Having it standing in a corner waiting for you to come and get it rather than having it delivered directly to you seems to me to be a direct invitation for trouble. Why take the risk?

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »

You couldn't do it with the barrels but there are some situations where a shipper will ship in the little brown truck and the little brown truck can deliver it to your Post Office to be delivered to you. It all depends on what you are ordering and from who, but it can be done. Talk to your local Post Mater about it and see if they can help.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff