Author Topic: will be offline for a while  (Read 392 times)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
will be offline for a while
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »
Between  the new job and moving I will off line for at least two weeks starting this week end. It is one of those good/bad things, I hate moving and going a way from friends and the job is in down town area. But I will be working in a major hospital, so I will be doing something that makes a difference  and once I get moved I like the place we are moving to. room to grow a garden and shoot a bow or 22 don't think I'll shoot the big guns there. May even learn how to use an atlatl ;D
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: will be offline for a while
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »
Maybe you could find an atlat league at one of the down town pubs.  :o
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Totenkopf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »
 Good thing you're going to be working at the hospital, that atlatl might just part you hair. :D
Best wishes with new start.
U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »
what  is  atlatl?
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
Google can explain what an atlatl is, but I had to take some type of sociology or anthoropology or something or other class in college and the only thing I remember from that class was the atlatl!  I saw some guy on TV not too long ago trying one out.  Didn't seem too effective, but of course, his family's survival didn't depend on his skill level.

Best of luck on your move and new job.  The transition is always tough, but it will be worth it looking back in 6 months or so.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 03:14:20 AM »
I like the place we are moving to. room to grow a garden and shoot a bow or 22 don't think I'll shoot the big guns there. May even learn how to use an atlatl

It just doesnt get any better than that ;D
We have a local here who makes his own atlatl & takes them out on the road for demonstrations here & there where they have the axe throwing competitions and such. "Bob" had also knapped his own flint arrow head using traditional methods and was legally able to take a deer using it...he say's that he would hunt deer with a spear if he could but they just wont let him :(
I personally took my first deer with a muzzleloader back in '81 and was acknowleged to be the first to do so in a very large area for that year but Bob had done this back in '77!

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:29:22 AM »
Roy we are going to miss you - but you have a good problem to deal with ;)

"his own flint arrow head using traditional methods and was legally able to take a deer using it." Talk about a primitive weapon! :o
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.