Author Topic: Got a Pardner Pump  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Diesel40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Got a Pardner Pump
« on: November 28, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »
I just got my wife a Pardner pump 20 gauge youth model and am really please with the way it looks.  I have not got to shoot it yet, I just picked it up tonight, but it looks really solid and the finish on the stock looks attractive.  This is my wifes first gun and she plans on shotgun hunting with it next year.  I am going to get a rifled barrel for it, the youth model seems to fit her very well.  Does anyone else have any experience with these pardner pumps?

Offline vervillev

Re: Got a Pardner Pump
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
I did the same recently and was able to compare the NEF pump to several other shotguns at my local mom and pop gunshop. It's the 20 ga. like you described and is a very well made gun. What I have noticed about these shotguns, more than anything else is the static that they get for being a Chinese import. What's funny is that I don't hear alot of moaning and groaning about the Chicom sks rifles that everybody and their brothers own. If the gun was being imported illegally, then that would be cause for concern but that is not the case. I bought the NEF pump solely on its merits and have searched the internet and found numerous reviews that are positive about the quality and construction of these guns. I read where Remington bought NEF and may be discontinuing the Pardner pump due to the fact that it is giving them fits when compared to the 870 Express line of quality( which ,as of late, is CRAP). When I compared it to the Mossberg and Maverick,there was no comparison. The Mossy/Maverick rattled like a bucket of bolts compared to the NEF. The fit and finish to me is excellent with tight tolerances. Prejudices aside, this gun is a remarkable value and I have owned many shotguns and have a little experience to be able to make an objective observation. I feel like this gun will last a long time and give good service.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:29:53 AM »
The local BiMart store had them on sale for $160 a week or two ago, looked like a good buy to me, if I didn't already have a pump shotgun, I'd seriously consider one.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »
Dick's has them up here in MN for about that price.  I think they get a bit more for the Protector model.  Wish I could sell mine(no D/T first year) for and buy a Protector.  I would like to have one that would be easy to put sights on or a scope.
cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline tanoose

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 04:38:08 AM »
My friend just bought one of these  20 guage  guns and he was told that the choke tubes were reminmgton choke tubes , but this is not the case   the remingtons dont fit , can you buy these tubes  from NEF or does anyone know what brand tubes would fit this shotgun he is looking for an extra full for turkeys Thanks Tanoose

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 06:02:21 AM »
There's a bunch of choke tubes listed at the bottom of the accessory barrel list.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »
I love mine.  I have a 1st year 12 ga PP synthetic with the 28 ribbed barrel.  I picked it up new for $145 out the door at Gander Mountain about 3 years ago.

I sent it off about 4 weeks ago for the additional 18.5 barrel.

BTW - the PP barrel prices have changed.  I got a call from Customer Service (Marlin) about a week ago and they stated that the 18.5 barrel is now $89 instead of the $63 that is listed on the H&R site.  That's a 40% increase!!!  If it wasn't for the $ I had already paid to ship it there I would have told them 'no thanks'.

They use Win. chokes.  I have 2 currently.  One in Turkey Super Full (extended) and one Full (flush).

RW
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol: