Author Topic: 12-0 Roll Tide Roll  (Read 778 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
12-0 Roll Tide Roll
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »
wow thought I was going to get to watch a football game but only one team showed up.... :o ;D :D ;) :)
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: 12-0 Roll Tide Roll
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »
Has the Tide played Texas Tech's Red Raiders yet?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
Has the Tide played Texas Tech's Red Raiders yet?

nope dont think they play each other...
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 02:06:39 PM »
So the Tide has a real easy schedule? ;D ;D

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »
Only reason Texas Tech looks so good is because they beat Texas. ::) ::)

Well, I guess us Wareagleguys can say at least one team in Alabama can make it to the big one.  >:( :'(

But I just can't bring myself to say Rollll Tii....

War Damn Eagle!!!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »
When they play florida the tide may get Bit by the gator. I doubt
O-bama will even score. I mean Bama.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »

Well, I guess us Wareagleguys can say at least one team in Alabama can make it to the big one.  >:( :'(

War Damn Eagle!!!

They beat OU also. ::) ::)

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »
Who?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »

ahhh dont worry there is always next year... wow it feels nice not having to say that in the mirror...  :D
― Albert Einstein

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »

War Damn Eagle!!!

My 5 year old was going around tonight saying War Eagle because Matt's oldest son taught him those curse words last year.  I threatened to make him sleep outside!  :D

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »

War Damn Eagle!!!

Yes, and everyone else they played except OU. Of course the OU publicity machine is still claiming they are the biggest and best in the nation when they have the same record of wins and losses as Tech and Texas. Tech hasn't had a chance all year because of the BCS------uh, I can't call it what I really think on this site.

Bama who?  ;D It's all just a ball game and we will all live over it. Personally I'm a lot more interested in the local highschool boys winning state next week.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »
wow thought I was going to get to watch a football game but only one team showed up.... :o ;D :D ;) :)

Don't worry Matt.......You will get to see a game when Fla and Al go at it, and woe to the winner, because Oklahoma is going to roll all over the winner when they meet in the National title ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Muddy05

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 05:51:29 PM »
OU hasn't seen anything like an SEC defense(Bama or Florida), and that's whats gonna win the National Championship ;)...  Roll Tide!
Go 214th!!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »
in my world: FL beats bama (which will happen by the way) Then, FL meets TX in the national championship.  Of course, that won't happen with OK taking the #2 BCS spot. How can that be?
Again, in my world, Texas plays the winner of ALA/FL for the title. That's it.

oh yeah, and my team, Wisconsin, plays Akron in the Tidy Bowl  :)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline no guns here

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »
yep those SEC defenses are SO much better than any other.  Just wondering how much better they can be than Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State...  OU has been putting up over 60 points per game the last four games.  Averaging around 50 for the season.  Not saying the SEC doesn't play defense but in all fairness I'm not sure the SEC defenses have seen an offense like any of the Top Three (maybe four) from the Big 12 South this year.  I think that any of Texas, Texas Tech or OU will be a very good match for either of the SEC teams.  I'm concerned that "Big Game Bob" will strike again in the BCS game though... no matter WHO OU plays.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »
And the BCS does it again. Ranks OU over Texas who has an identical record and beat OU. I just can't understand it when a team can be ranked better than a team that beat them and played and beat the same opponents they did.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 04:51:01 AM »
And the BCS does it again. Ranks OU over Texas who has an identical record and beat OU. I just can't understand it when a team can be ranked better than a team that beat them and played and beat the same opponents they did.

How tough will it be for Texas to watch OU play Missouri for the conference title knowing it BEAT BOTH of them!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline no guns here

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 07:06:53 AM »
My guess is that it has to do with OU averaging more points that UT and beating the crap (by 41 points) out of the team that beat UT.  Seems cut and dried.  Confusing but pretty easy...
Low score for the year was 35 points and that was against UT.  Not many teams can say that...  Four games over 60 points.  Several in the 50's...  I don't think 'Bama broke 36 this year did they?

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline no guns here

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 07:19:20 AM »
Oooops, my bad!  I see that 'Bama made it to the 40's on three occasions.  Sorry for the insult...

OU averaged 53 per game
'Bama averaged 35 per game

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 07:25:47 AM »
OU will beat Missouri and Florida will beat Alabama setting up the National Championship.
Texas will be screwed again

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »
OU will beat Missouri and Florida will beat Alabama setting up the National Championship.

Well!..........They should have beat the R Raiders!
Sooners beat the tar out of-em..
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 02:43:42 AM »

Well!..........They should have beat the R Raiders!
Sooners beat the tar out of-em..

That still doesn't change the fact that Texas beat the Super Sooners by 10 points. The BCS shouldn't be able to rank a team over one that beat them.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 02:45:40 AM »

Don't count us out just yet! 

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 04:30:21 AM »
Personally I think the BCS stinks bigtime. Nothing I can do about it but when so many in collage football condemn it, coaches, athletic directors, sports writers, etc., why is it allowed to exist? I can understand schools like OU, who couldn't win their conference fair and square, love it. I also can't understand why we can't have a national playoff. Yes, I've heard the "too many days away from school" and various other arguments. Get real. Collage football is a business. A BIG business and the schools are interested in money. Educating football players is secondary to them. More games equal more money. Simple enough.

I think Jim Litke summed it up pretty well in his news column today. Addressing The BCS tiebreaker giving OU the nod over Texas, I quote: "That decision is wrong on so many levels, it's hard to know where to begin".

Ok, my rant againt the playoff powers that be is over. Won't change anything but I feel better.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 07:01:59 AM »
Hey, I hate the BCS too.  I say we wait for the top rankings after the conference championships and then take the top 8 and play a play off.  Championship would be three weeks later.  Just keep playing...  Those teams are practicing for bowl games anyway.

Shoot, not only could OU not win the conference outright, neither could Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State or for that matter, Missouri.  Nothing like having a minimum of four offensive powerhouses in one division of one conference to make it fun huh?  I still say ya' gotta figure in total points, average points, wins and losses and probably a few other factors SOMETIMES.  You have to have tie-breakers.  OU, Texas and Tech were all in a round robin "a beat b who beat c who beat a".  Even though Texas beat OU is wasn't a huge margin, it was a tight gain.  Texas Tech then beat Texas but then OU beat them by 40+.  That's got to figure in somewhere...

ngh
"I feared for my life!"