Author Topic: I like to think Sara is responsiable for this  (Read 904 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
I like to think Sara is responsiable for this
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:51:16 AM »
Got this off the Fox news web site.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/02/georgia-senate-race-tip-balance-power/

It stopped the 60 member filibuster proof majority.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
Re: I like to think Sara is responsiable for this
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:25 AM »
Thank God for the South!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:19:34 AM »
Oh Yea, the Democrates here in Alaska are blasting her for campainging for this guy, saying she should be staying here in Alaska doing state business, instead of party business.  Actually she was on her way to the Governors conference and just made this a small side trip.  Plus she has only been out of state five days since the Presidential campaign ended.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:47:52 AM »
Maybe she swayed enough voters mind to get it done. Maybe  the voters were smart enough on their own to do it. Either way it came about, it is the only good news I've heard in this election. Blocking the 60 member majority is a huge help to stopping some of the radical left crap that is going to come from this congress.

Another piece of good news that is supposed to be announced is Big Bill Richardson will be appointed commerce secretary today. NM will be rid of him and the rest of the country can put up with him.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:49:48 AM »
She keeps hope alive !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
Lest we forget, they still have the majority
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »
Your right Troy.  But in the Senate, the majority is meaningless.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »
So far it looks like Norm Coleman of MN is still ahead by 2 hundred odd votes in the senate race recount against Al Frankenstein.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:15:05 PM »
So far it looks like Norm Coleman of MN is still ahead by 2 hundred odd votes in the senate race recount against Al Frankenstein.

It will be a miracle if it stays that way, some of the dead people havn't voted yet, always the lying Dems secret weapon.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
Yes Sourdough, I agree.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »
I agree Sourdough, you folks have EVERY reason to be proud of her, her husband ( with putting up with so much trash from the media ), and what they stand for. The Dems and the liberal media know exactly what a threat she ( and others like her, like Bobby Jendle (sp) from Louisiana ) is to them, in the future. Young, strongly conservative. Look for her, and others like her, to be constantly pounded by the libs.
Mark

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 03:12:02 AM »
Guys (and gal), don't forget that there are some pretty squishy RINOs that can not be counted on to oppose the Dumbycrats in the Senate.  I don't know of any Dems who are their counterparts.  Well, maybe Lieberman on some things, but I don't know if he is really a Dumbycrat anymore.  I don't know how he is on the Second Amendment, but I would expect that he is probably not a big supporter.
Swingem

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 04:20:30 AM »
It stopped the 60 member filibuster proof majority.

The dirty part is that some of the liberal Republicans from the North East Demokratic Republiks will vote with the Democrats.  They did this on the original AWB and they did it again on the 2004 senate vote to  extend the AWB.  In 2004, 10 Republican senators voted for an extension of the AWB. 

Ten Republicans broke party ranks on the assault weapons vote: Warner, Chafee, Fitzgerald, DeWine, Lugar, Voinovich, Susan Collins of Maine, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Gordon Smith of Oregon and Olympia Snowe of Maine.

Six Democrats voted against extending the ban: Baucus, Nelson, Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Zell Miller of Georgia and Harry Reid of Nevada.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
I really, really like Sara. For her to have any chance at all in a future presidential race, she will need to be in the public eye, often. That means she and her family will take a pounding from the press and liberals every step of the way. I do not know if she is interested in running for president, but I do think she needs to bone up on foreign affairs and be seen often, any way she can, if that is her plan. She would get my vote today, but others are going to need more persuasion.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
They say that there are several southern dems who will vote against any deaconian gun legislation.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 11:30:10 PM »
The media and others sure get stirred up about Sarah - I don't understand it really. I think she's doing ok and hope she can keep her bipartisan success going here in AK.

I just wish the libs would come out here next summer and try to follow Sarah around her commercial fishing site. Wonder how they'd react to Sarah dressed in neoprene waders up to her pits, covered in mud and fish slime, going hard 18 hours + per day, rain wind or shine. A lot of folks don't know how tough Sarah is from fishing out here - it ain't a picnic.

Regarding those Southern Dems, hope our new most northern senator keeps his campaign promises too - that might help. If he gets too close to the antigunners he might not get re-elected.  He has some good points just wish he was on the right party. I think he does a bit of hunting but don't know for sure.  Certainly  he knows how dear we hold our rights up here.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 03:04:18 AM »
They hate her because she is exactly what they claimed a real woman could be  if not "inhibited" in an all male world, and that scares the bejeebers out of them. I remember a picture of a lady in the Nebraskaland Magazine once It was of a tough looking lady from the sandhills who had been maintaining her windmills. Had a wrench in her hand and she was covered with grease almost up to her eyeballs. The caption was a quote, she said something like "There ain't no women's libbers out here. We've had equal employment opportunity forever."

I would trust Sarah or the lady from the Sandhills to run the country, never never one of those femmenazis that would suspend the second amendment their first day in office.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 04:06:01 AM »
Guys (and gal), don't forget that there are some pretty squishy RINOs that can not be counted on to oppose the Dumbycrats in the Senate.  I don't know of any Dems who are their counterparts.  Well, maybe Lieberman on some things, but I don't know if he is really a Dumbycrat anymore.  I don't know how he is on the Second Amendment, but I would expect that he is probably not a big supporter.

Gun Owners Of America rate Lieberman  F-
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 04:27:05 AM »
Seen on the news yesterday, Oprah, is mad at Sarah, for ''dissing her''(Think that the termenology that black's use). She said no, to going on the Oprah show. Guess she's like David Letterman, who got pissed at McCain, for going back to D.C. when the bailout vote came up. These TV personality's think the world revolve's around them. Must have ego's the size of a blimp.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:41:29 AM »
Didnt Oprah say at one time she wouldnt put Sarah on her show when the campaign wanted her on? 

So now when Harpo wants her, Sarah doesnt want to?

Geez!  Wonder huh?

Offline jk3006

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
She keeps hope alive !

I prefer to think that Ron Paul keeps hope alive.  But then again, perhaps there needs to be a definition of what exactly this 'hope' is for. 

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
I think between Sarah campaining for the republican and the rap singer "Ludicrus" for the democrat, a lot of people woke up and the rep won by 60-40%.  That tells you something.  A lot of hard core liberals don't like Obama appointing all the Clinton people, but were is he going to get experience.  If Bush Jr. was smart early on, he would have appointed a lot from the Reagan administration.  I miss Reagan.  I got the best raises, a 401k plan and expanded health benefits during the Reagan administration.