Author Topic: Scoped TrackerII 12ga.  (Read 734 times)

Offline Thunder

• Trade Count: (0)
Scoped TrackerII 12ga.
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:03:33 AM »
Hi guys,
Newbie here to the forum. I have visited alot and figured I should participate.
I have a few of the little singles, mainly for my kids but I must admit I love to carry my daughters 20 USH. I am in the process of building one for my self with the barrel program. The gun is at NEF and I have questions.
I want a 12g. and want the gun light wgt, so I ordered the Tracker rifled barrel. I ordered the rail and spur. Im going to scope it but read the wall thickness is minimal. Can I silver solder a custom rail or mount it with short mounting screws. Worst case maybe do both. I work at a tool & die shop and have messed with guns for many years so alterations is not a big deal. What are your thoughts?
Any input would be a plus.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Scoped TrackerII 12ga.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »
Welcome! Call them and see if you can add the Ultralight Slug Hunter barrel to your order instead, it's been done before even tho it isn't on the acc barrel list.  ;)  (866)776-9292 toll free

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/ultraSlug.asp

Very satisfied! I sent my TH Stock and frame in to have a 12ga barrel put on. they couldn't fit the Heavy Barrel to my frame so they were going to put the Handi Partner barrel (Iron sighted)  I called them after looking through my catalog and asked them If I could get an Ultra light barrel put on instead (don't like Iron Sights getting old). I was informed that the Ultra light barrel isn't part of the Barrel accessory program but he would check for me. He came back on the line and said that they have them in stock and he would make sure that the Ultra light barrel was put on for me. ;D ;D When I recieved the rifle back I checked it all over, didn't find a scratch or nick anywhere. All in all I am very satisfied with the service. I agree with whoever said that the service will get better as time goes. I'm sure that if Whetherby or Zeiss moved their manufacturing plant from one place to another they would also have some problems also.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Thunder

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:37:35 AM »
Hi Quik, thanks for the heads up on the light barrel. I just got off the phone with NEF and they confirmed that they can and will install the 12g. light barrel with the scope rail on the 12g. frame. They currently are out of stock but assures me it will happen.
That will make my retro much easier.
I had a 20g. made for my daughter and it is very nice. She got her first deer with it a couple of weeks ago.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:38:23 AM »
I hunt with my scoped 20 gauge all the time.
The 12 gauge kicks like Hell and won't kill 'em any better than a 20.

It is nice of them to offer the lightweight 12 rifled barrel as an acc.

Spanky

Offline Thunder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
Spanky, you are correct of the ability of the 20g. The field I watch I feel is more than a 20g can handle as far as energy. The 12g gives much more energy and a little flatter traj. My daughter shot her deer at 120 yards quartering away and the deer dropped dead. Mainly the slug hit the spin in the neck. I found the core lokt slug still in the neck mostly intact. My brother shot his in the same blind at 200+ and the slug passed thru. The little extra is only a bonus. At 20.00 a box I want to only shoot once. :)