Author Topic: Anyone Try Remington Accutip Sabots  (Read 352 times)

Offline sman

• Trade Count: (1)
Anyone Try Remington Accutip Sabots
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has tried Remingtons Accutip Sabots in their USH or any other gun and what kind of results they have had?

Offline 12ptdroptine

• Contributor
Re: Anyone Try Remington Accutip Sabots
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
someone run out and buy some of these and shoot em up and tell us how they work. I called NEF before our first season and talked with the tech about some accuracy issue's... He ASSURED me that the new accu tip would have me shooting 3.5" groups @ 200yds from my USH 12ga. First off I cant find any.second off I would have to think about ANY slug for $17 a box of 5... And I am a slug gun FREAK! I got 3 of them and plans to buy at least 1 more for wife and grand kids for next year.   I carried 2 guns to the blind this year.the slug gun never even got shot... But the OLE Smoke Pole "got-er-done" Drop

Offline maddogg

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
I shoot rem. copper solids now ,but I'm running low so I picked up 4 boxes of accupoints at Fleet Farm for less than $17. Remington has a $5 per box rebate until Jan 1. I didn't shoot them yet but read all sorts of good things about them. I hope they shoot as good as the copper solids.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his
level and beat you with experience.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »
I think the price is stopping most people. It is stopping me thats for sure!! Especially when you take into account that my USH likes the Buck hammers. They shoot dead on @ 100 and generally touch! They are bad enough at just over $10 a box!!!
 I also have shot the Rem Ultra Corlokt's. They shoot very well too, With the same setting from the buckhammers, they print 2" high and dead center @ 100. But at $14+ a box, I dont keep many on hand.

I use the Buck Hammers as primary and have 1-2 of the ultra's in case Mr. Big steps out past 100.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.