Author Topic: I Made A Mistake  (Read 1259 times)

Offline dracphelan

• Trade Count: (0)
I Made A Mistake
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
I made a mistake. I let my wife shoot my 223 Handi-Rifle. Now, she won't let me have it back.  >:(

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: I Made A Mistake
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »
I lost a 7 - 08 Remington 700 to my son that way.  Just find another Handi to shoot cause you "ain't" gonna win this one.  I just put a .30/30 barrel on my .44 Handi and just counted the 7-08  out.

Offline Francis

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »
I picked up a 2nd 12ga USH year ago. The middle son saw it. I never got to sell it, it sits next to the other one in the gun cabinet.

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »
That's why I had to send 2 frames in for 357 barrels.  When the 14 yr old boy got his turkey with his, I think he deceided the single shot wasn't so bad after all.  That's what the grin said anyway.  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline aldar

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
good excuse to buy another one

Offline Slufoot

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »
good excuse to buy another one

That's what I'm talkin about! ;)

Slufoot

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »
I made a mistake ONCE.  :o I thought I was wrong.  ::) Naturally I wasn't.  ;D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
Did the same thing with my wife but with me it was my 35rem.Thats ok though,it gets her in woods more often and we enjoy the time together.
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 02:18:07 AM »
When the wife and I first married, she had never fired a gun.  I took her out, handed her a handgun, and discovered she could outshoot me.  No instruction other than how to pull the trigger and hold the gun.

Then I handed her a shotgun and it bruised her bad.  To this day, she will shoot a handgun, but nothing with a stock.  My bad.

Buy your wife several guns and enjoy the shooting time!

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline dracphelan

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 06:49:38 AM »
The problem is, this isn't the first time it has happened to me. So far, she has claimed:
S&W Model 64 with a bobbed hammer
S&W M&P9 Sub-compact
Marlin Model 60
The Handi in 223

Luckily, she didn't like my 1911 and she has not shot my AR or my m1917 Eddystone. Well, this afternoon, we will be going to look at Handis.

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »
Aw, man.  You're gettin off easy.  Try havin' 6 kids find out they like shootin and number 7 is gonna be 4 next month, has already picked his out of one of my gun safes!  I don't mind cause then I can go get something different to replace the one they want.  Wife likes 22's and have plenty of those so no problem there.  There are just a few that I say NO to, those are like part of me and they can't have em till I'm being put under ground. ;D  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:48:12 AM »
My wife does the same thing every two or three years to me.  Last it was a custom .35 Whelen mauser Action I had made just for hunting in wet conditiions, peep site no scope, and in a synthetic stock.  Was at the range one day and had it along with me.  Son brought his mother out to shoot with me.  She spied the Whelen and realized she had never seen it before.  She asked Sky (our son) what it was while I was downrange setting up targets.  When I got back she took it out of the case and set it up to shoot.  After shooting a few rounds and hitting the bulls eye with four out of five shots she decided she liked it, but she never said anything to me.  A week later I noticed it missing out of the vault.  I asked Sky if he had it out.  Sky said no Mom had taken it to Sam's (Her local gunsmith).  I asked why, Sky said something to do with getting a new stock for it.  I went in, confronted the wife about her commandeering my newest gun.  Her reply, "I shot it, I liked it, I took it, get over it, it's the price you pay having me as a hunting partner".  OK since she is my best hunting partner and she lets me buy anything I want, I can't complain.  Now I got to find another barreled Mauser action to go into that stock.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
Pooor Sour your breaking our hearts hahahaha   :P

I have had this happen a couple times myself ... First time was with my Ruger deerfield 44mag ..  Right now it would be my other half wanting my Springfield mil-spec 1911 ... Thankfully enough i think i can buy her off with her very own 1911 .. *whew* i know dodged the bullet there .

That is the only pistol i can consistently hit a 1'x1' steel plate @ 100 with with iron sights      .....   Thats my baby

I have a 2 (3 in jan.) yr old girl that already wants her first "bo0m boom"  and found out a month ago im gonna be a poppa again .... SOOOOOOOOOooooooo Yeeeah i can already see your guys stories in my near future heh

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Ranger J

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 05:27:47 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me with a Marlin 1894C.  It is strange how they go from being your gun to her gun. :D  At least now I have someone to go to the range with.

RJ

Offline Natty Bumppo

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
My wife doesn't shoot, BUT my daughter has decided she likes it and does pretty well, at that.  So far she has commandeered my Model 70 .270, my BAR .243, and my .38-55 Target Rifle (she killed her first deer with it two weeks ago, a nice little 6 point).  She's also "taken" a Browning Auto 5 .20 guage and has been eyeing my .12 guage Auto 5 (but she's not going to get her grimy little fingers on it, lol).  It's all good, though - I enjoy having a hunting and shooting buddy (although, at 16, boys are an issue), and sooner or later (hopefully later, much later) they'll all be hers anyway.  She hasn't gotten into the pistols, yet, but I can see that coming, too.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 08:19:32 PM »
This will really make you cry, but only for a minute.

When our son was 3, I got him a Chipmunk .22RF.  When he turned 5 the wife started teaching him to shoot.  When he turned 10 we enrolled him in the 4-H shooting program.  Now we have a problem.  Sky was small for his age, and unable to pull the cocking button back consistently.  The range monitors were concerned, that if it slipped as  he was trying to cock it, the gun would go off.  One of the range monitors pointed this out to me one Saturday morning.  I took the Chipmunk and showed the wife the problem, how the gun would fire if the cocking button slipped before being fully cocked.  She took the gun and said her son was not shooting this gun again.  She went out and got into her car and left.  I took Sky and went home. 

Michelle got home a couple of hours after we did, she had been to the T/C dealer.  She came in carrying two T/C boxes.  One had a youth stock for a contender carbine.  The other contained a match grade .22RF carbine barrel.  She then told me, (not a request mind you, but more like an order.  That is rare for her, she is usually sweet and polite.)  to open the big vault.  When I opened the vault she reached in and grabbed my Contender.  I screamed, she looked at me and informed me the Contender was Sky's new gun for shooting at 4-H.  She took the Contender inside where She and Skyler swapped out the stock and barrel.  It actually turned out to be the perfect gun for a small child. 

The only good thing for me was that when Sky got big enough to handle an Anschutz, I got my contender back. 

My wife abuses me so bad.  But I can't complain, no one would listen.  Plus she gives me a new gun for Christmas and my Birthday every year. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »
I made a mistake ONCE.  :o I thought I was wrong.  ::) Naturally I wasn't.  ;D

You must be kin to my father-in-law!  ;D