Author Topic: Leupold double dovetail base and rings  (Read 485 times)

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
Leupold double dovetail base and rings
« on: August 16, 2003, 06:21:37 AM »
I have decided to get the Bushnell 3200 3- 9 x 40 scope for my encore. I want to order the Leupold base and double dovetail rings. Will I have enough movement with this combination to get the eye relief right. I have heard that some base-ring-scope combination with this gun won't let move the scope in and out enough. Don

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 06:40:59 AM »
The ring spacing between the two is the same as other rings. If you have a large bell and low rings you may have a problem with the bell hitting the base before you use up the scope tube. I have DD Leupold rings on my 30-06 and love them. I have a 40mm bell on the scope that's mounted on it with low rings. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 09:25:17 AM »
Dave is right.  The only other thing that I would like to add is how wonderful Leupold's DD rings and bases are.  They are tied as my favorite along with Warne Maxima.  Those are the only two brands - and models, that I use.

Zachary

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 03:20:54 AM »
I also like the Dual Dovetail.  They just seem to be more solid than the STD rings and bases.  Plus there is no windage adjustment screw on the DD to ever come loose.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!