Author Topic: flame thrower  (Read 2600 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
flame thrower
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »
do you know were one could buy a flame thrower??   private ownership of a flamethrower is not restricted by federal law so you could buy one.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
Re: flame thrower
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
Why don't you concentrate on buying a pistol, like you said, and forget about a flamethrower. Besides the pistol will be a lot easier to carry.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
 :o
JAYSUS H.       WHAT NEXT !!??

Now I could see a Flare Pistol in 30 mm
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »
MAN!!!YOU ARE ONE DANGEROUS DUDE! :o

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
It's obvious that you are young, so I'll give you some advice.  Wait until you are able to buy a gun and take a course on how to handle it.  Then get an older adult to show you the ropes of hunting if you are interested.  Hunting is not just about killing. It's the part I enjoy the least. It's about tracking a prey smarter than you'll ever hope to be in survival.  What you are talking about is a tool to make things suffer....A flame thrower rarely kills ,it makes humans suffer so badly.. It has no place on this board.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »
It is an exotic weapon, but not a practical one, for self defense.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
i can see the headlines now..."the resident stopped the intruder, but burned down the appartment complex in the process." 
  oh if ever there was a post of jamals that was ripe for the pickin's, this is indeed it! 

ya plan on taking that flamethrower down into the badger hole with you?    :D

Offline phalanx

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Improper use can also cause it to explode and fry the operator also.
Hardly any country uses them anymore ,only Janet Reno.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »

Offline Savage

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:12:03 AM »
Back to the playstation dude!!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 06:07:01 AM »
yeah, i was thinking of getting one for , well just shooting off every so often.  I know about "Improper use can also cause it to explode and fry the operator" but still it's just a boy toy. As far as guns, i had guns, sold them for now, and will get some new ones later down the road when i have more time for shooting. yes, i am young (just turn 21) but i am not dumb and i know the risk with a weapon like that.this is the Exotic Weapons broad is it not and a flame thrower is a Exotic Weapon.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »
Jamal you are getting more and more ridiculous with every post. A flamethrower is certainly not a "boy toy". Like Savage said, go back to your playstation until you mature some.

Offline jls

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »
Maybe we should keep an eye on fox news channel for breaking news out of florida JUST in case ::)
Deceased due to a 3rd stroke on Dec. 12, 2011.

RIP John.

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
oh come on guys. He just wants an easier way to clear the the snow from the drive way .  :-\

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
LMAO Mox   ;D

To funny... If you ever find yourself in the position that a flame thrower is needed , Chances are you are already in the grave and have'nt realized it yet .

After thought ... Whats next Jamal ? You gonna post in the classifieds that you are in the market for a good used RPG ??   Come on Inquiring minds want to know

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 04:54:23 AM »
Well ,

After telling my other half about this post she mentioned that that sounds like something i would bring home  8) ...Well While laughing and joking about it .. I made a crack about how it would probably be cheaper to shoot then my rifles ,Well truth sprung out of joking ... Sadly our fuel prices are going down down down and ammo is still going through the roof..

Anyone know where i can get a good used Flamethrower ???   ;D LMAO = Laughing my ass off ;D

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
even better-hire a cropduster to drop some Napalm for ya. Instant BBQ

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 10:15:10 AM »
You know though, a flamethrower might make a good hunting weapon....you know, kill and cook all in one easy step.  It'd save time.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
Jamyton,
Are you out of your frikken mind!  A flame thrower would kill the animal, light the woods or field on fire and the meat would be seasoned with fur or feathers and oH yea gasoline and Nalpalm.  I'll stick to salt and pepper thank you.  If I want a smoked flavor I'll add some chips to the grill or actually fire up Bubba the smoker.
Jamal,
If you can not afford a handgun, there is no way could afford the few military flame throwers that are out there. If you want to see one fo to the machinegun shoot in AZ. I do not know the date but they have all kinds of full auto guns you can pay a fee to shoot as well as cannons, and they have a flamethrower guys at night light up the cars that everyone has shot the p out off.
If you are thinking of trying to make one don't anything that can spray has parts that are made of plastics that will melt with petrolium products and become a bomb, I do not care what happens in the movies you want to stay away from flamethrowers and hand gernades.  To answer your next question NO a hand gernade would not make a great self defence weapon.  You can not throw then farther than the kill radius and it will kill you too as well as a lot of others.  If you want to play with silly weapons, play station or computer games.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »
Jamal,
If you can not afford a handgun, there is no way could afford the few military flame throwers that are out there. If you want to see one fo to the machinegun shoot in AZ. I do not know the date but they have all kinds of full auto guns you can pay a fee to shoot as well as cannons, and they have a flamethrower guys at night light up the cars that everyone has shot the p out off.
If you are thinking of trying to make one don't anything that can spray has parts that are made of plastics that will melt with petroleum products and become a bomb, I do not care what happens in the movies you want to stay away from flamethrowers and hand grenades.  To answer your next question NO a hand grenade would not make a great self defence weapon.  You can not throw then farther than the kill radius and it will kill you too as well as a lot of others.  If you want to play with silly weapons, play station or computer games.

that what i wanted to know was cost, less then say 800$ or more. bombs of any kind are very illegal and a VERY bad idea.  If i wanted a  great self defence weapon i would get a rem 870 or some other shot gun. I just looked at a flame thrower for just shooting only, that it. I not sure if there still legal here but maybe i will try some red tip rounds.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 01:03:02 PM »
OK we will have a math lesson.
take your $800 mulitply by ten and divide by two and that is about what fixer upper Military flame throwers go for. 

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
Besides I'm not sure you could get the Napalm to mix with the gas in order for it to stick.  Just gas alone will spray out and burn up in a huge fire ball but go nowhere.  You need something heavier than gasoline to spray so it will go out.  Also the ignition disks are expensive and you will need an air compressor as well to fill the air tank.  Again expensive, dangerous, and no practicle use.  Unless you need to get enemy troops out of pill boxes.  Did I mention that the gas eats the gaskets and the hose and the things leak! If you want the same experiance go spend $22 bucks for a Zippo lighter and 5 for the fuel.  Over fill the lighter.  Go stand in the middle of the street with a friend holding a bucket of water.  Open it and with the fuel on your hands srtike the wheel.  See same effects for under $30 with no one else getting hurt.
Here is the Legal warning: 
While the flame thrower may be legal with or with out a tax stamp, firing one may have you charged with arson by your local PD.  Same goes for the tracer rounds, dragons breath, or the bird bombs. No if, ands, or butts! And if you think a handgun is expensive try renting a lawyer for a trial, even if you are innocent of breaking the letter of the law.  Again go play with the ones on the Play station call of duty and do not worry about lawyers, doctors, skin graphs, Skin scrapings, if the food at the local jail is bad or really bad, or how your going to pay back the cost of what ever was accidentally burned when, not if, the wind shifts.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
Besides I'm not sure you could get the Napalm to mix with the gas in order for it to stick.  Just gas alone will spray out and burn up in a huge fire ball but go nowhere.  You need something heavier than gasoline to spray so it will go out.  Also the ignition disks are expensive and you will need an air compressor as well to fill the air tank.  Again expensive, dangerous, and no practical use.  Unless you need to get enemy troops out of pill boxes.  Did I mention that the gas eats the gaskets and the hose and the things leak! If you want the same experience go spend $22 bucks for a Zippy lighter and 5 for the fuel.  Over fill the lighter.  Go stand in the middle of the street with a friend holding a bucket of water.  Open it and with the fuel on your hands strike the wheel.  See same effects for under $30 with no one else getting hurt.
Here is the Legal warning: 
While the flame thrower may be legal with or with out a tax stamp, firing one may have you charged with arson by your local PD.  Same goes for the tracer rounds, dragons breath, or the bird bombs. No if, ands, or butts! And if you think a handgun is expensive try renting a lawyer for a trial, even if you are innocent of breaking the letter of the law.  Again go play with the ones on the Play station call of duty and do not worry about lawyers, doctors, skin graphs, Skin scrapings, if the food at the local jail is bad or really bad, or how your going to pay back the cost of what ever was accidentally burned when, not if, the wind shifts.

point taken. I was looking at one that used  pressure propane and natural gas because it's  which is safer. But i see it's a very bad idea. thanks for that info too. I know they used to sell tracer rounds and blue tip rounds but that was in 2005 and i have not seen them after that. I used some 22LR tracers and it was pretty good.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
Granted tracers are neat to watch.
I use some training tracers for shotgun here in CA.  It's a giant NO NO but only use them in the winter when the ground is green and do not have to worry about starting a fire.  While the flame goes out the wad still falls into the ground hot.
Same goes with tany of the tracers you have to worry about the back drop.
Really neat if you can shoot them indoor in a dark range.  Cabelas has them (22 tracer) in their catalog but again check with your local PD or shooting range to see if you can shoot them.  They work best around dusk.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »
thanks for all your help mcwoodduck, your the only one that gives me a answer when i ask a question. more then likely not ledgal here any more(red and blue tip 50BMG used to be sold or for sell all the time) because it's been really dry for the past few years. they ban fireworks too in some places.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »
Just think, if you ask a sensible question, you would get more sensible answers. :)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
Hey I'd love to have a flamethrower handy if the Jack Booted thugs showed up in my neighborhood to confiscate firearms. Sure would make their body armour ineffective and I would imagine it would become a moral problem if it started happening with a regular occurrence.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
do a search on something called "Dragon's Breath".
It is a 12 ga. shell loaded with powdered magnesium.
about a 3000 degree blast and fireball out to about 50 meters.
and just remember that there are a lot of people in this country
who thing owning a gun is just as silly as discussing a
flame thrower. when the time comes, and no bullets are available,
Improvised weapons may be all there is. Keep being a kid J-dog,
There is nothing wrong with being imaginative.
I Still have not grown up myself. I started to once or twice
but it was pretty boring.
Besides, this forum is Exotic Weapons is it not?
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
thanks! ;D i just like try and using Exotic Weapons like switchblades,butterfly knifes, swords, mac's, blowguns, etc. it fun to see what the human imagination can think up.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
J-Dog, I look at a lot of ancient weapons and wonder what inspired the person to invent it in the first place.
I have collected exotic weapons for about the last 35 years and have had some really weird ones.
My favorite is something called an Atlatl. It is a spear thrower that with a little practice
they are very accurate. They also have quite a bit of penetrating power. I also have several Spears
and Swords. Several bows and crossbows. I also have a shop where I create these types
of weapons for others. Try a crossbow that is made from a leaf spring from a car! it has to be
prepared for firing mechanically. no man will pull it back to full draw lock. No practical application for it
but it is a hoot none the less! Or an air powered "Device" that will fire a golfball so hard that it will
explode on impact with a tree. Or Another air powered device like a giant blowgun that uses bicycle
spokes as darts. I do not know of many things that this will not punch a hole through! I think that these too would qualify as Exotic weapons. I like them mostly because these are things I created from an Idea
just to see if they would work. Some didn't, but most did. All were and are fun though and that to me
is what it is all about. .. And yes, I have created a flame thrower.. Not something I will do again. 
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".