Author Topic: flame thrower  (Read 2601 times)

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: flame thrower
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 04:52:11 PM »
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »
LOL,
That is one of my all time favorite movies.
Jamal,
Trust me we all had goofey Ideas when we were kids.  For high school I went to Military school and the stuff we thought up then was bad and in the summer when some of us would get together and actually make some of the stuff.  It was bad, and most of us are just trying to let you know we did stupid things and thought off the wall stuff when we were kids too.  A friend of mine learned to weld because I told him of a military scrap yard in NC where they had bunches of machine guns from WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam that were damaged and then cut in half and he wanted to buy a few and get them working.  One of my Step Monster's cousins did.  But a lot of that was in the Boys will be Boys era and now it's not.  And stuff we did had the police bring us home and they talked to mom and dad about what we were doing will now have you in local lock up and have the police bringing parents to see you at the grey bar hotel. 
All I can tell you is a dumb man makes the same mistakes
A smart man learns from his mistakes
and a wise man learns from others mistakes.
So keep thinking up these ideas and we will tell you what stupid things we tried and hopefully you will not do the things we did and some how survived.  And no i'm not giving you ideas as to what stupid things I did.  All I can say is thank god someone made the M80's illegal.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 03:35:54 AM »
try a redneck flame thrower , eat a few bowls of beans then hold a match to your back side . That ought to give you the thrill you seek .

on a serious note check out knob creek on internet they would be just your thing ! machine guns , flame throwers etc. etc.
its in tenn. can you drive yet ? not sure if its on a bus route !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
Cheapest and most effective flame thrower is from Russia I suppose. It's called the Malatov cocktail. I probably murdered that spelling.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »
 ;D
 You did, it is    M o l o t o v*  (  I think!?)

* another good way to get second and third degree burns on yourself unless you speak and read Russian :-))) !
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:52 AM »
maybe Poland in WW2

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 02:58:03 AM »
What ever happened to kids just playing with a can of WD-40 and lighter.  Burn your hand and learn your lesson, then never do it again.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
DRUGS

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 09:42:22 AM »
video games filling their little brains with violence! >:(

Offline docmagnum357

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Those of us who think that the government may well one day be our worst enemy do not think the idea of a flame thrower is silly at all.  Have you ever watched a SWAT team or Rapid deployment do a "positive entry?"  How would a person, or persons, defend themselves from a positive entry team?  Hand gun?  Rob leatham wouldn't stand a chance.  Shot gun?  Full auto subgun?

Time to change tactics.  Shoot someone in full body armour with  a proper military flame thrower, even with a short burst, and it's SWAT team b gone.

Incidently, most casualties from a flamethrower, instant ones, anyway, are from asfixiation. The hot air next to the body scorches the lungs, and takes the oxygen out of the air that is close enough to breath.  Non Fatal wounds ARE, however, quite inhumane

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »
There is a problem with this logic. If you are in this room someone is trying to breech and you blast them with the flame thrower you will definitely get rid of them. REMEMBER!!! You are in this same room. You are toast too.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
Those of us who think that the government may well one day be our worst enemy do not think the idea of a flame thrower is silly at all.  Have you ever watched a SWAT team or Rapid deployment do a "positive entry?"  How would a person, or persons, defend themselves from a positive entry team?  Hand gun?  Rob leatham wouldn't stand a chance.  Shot gun?  Full auto subgun?

Time to change tactics.  Shoot someone in full body armour with  a proper military flame thrower, even with a short burst, and it's SWAT team b gone.

Incidently, most casualties from a flamethrower, instant ones, anyway, are from asfixiation. The hot air next to the body scorches the lungs, and takes the oxygen out of the air that is close enough to breath.  Non Fatal wounds ARE, however, quite inhumane

Flame throwers are not defensive weapons.  They're made for clearing out hardened bunkers.

The answer to enemies bursting into a room is to not let them get near the room at all.  If we're talking stopping an attack like that, with weapons on that level, we may as well just go into discussions of mines and booby-traps and explosives.  Rig up a frag just outside the door and trigger it from inside and you've turned the whole group into casualties without ever exposing yourself to gunfire.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »

Geesh,
    Yeah, a flamethrower inside the house because the bad guys are coming down the hallway.  Yeah, that'll teach them..... maybe that whoever would use a flame thrower inside a house they are trying to DEFEND (meaning they'd like to stay there) is an idiot. 
    I'd rather not burn down in my own house.  You mentioned Rob Leatham and I'm pretty sure that guy knows a bullet can go through a wall, especially at inside a house distances.
    This whole argument reminds me of the scene in Lethal Weapon 4 where they drive up to the armored guy with a frame thrower.  Are we seriously even talking about that as a possibility?
    I've seen too many of the old WW2 films to agree that a hit from a flame thrower is an instant clean kill. 

The truth of the matter is that real life isn't the movies.  If you have a team entering your house and they come in force they way they have been trained, they'll have a knee in your gut before you can get the sleep out of your eyes.  I don't know why so many guys think it's so macho to think they're going to put on their size 60 pants and fend off a hundred guys trained to kick in doors in the middle of the night.  Maybe if they have a flame thrower they can though huh?

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »
if the government did come they come at 2-5am when you lease on guard and if you did put up a fight they would use tear gas or something like that you smoke you out. And really how could you keep swat and or the 101 air Bond with tanks and everything else from getting you?? ::) ::) i maybe young but i am not dumb. I would just have my guns and other stuff off site somewere else so when they came they would take my sporting guns not my '" fighting guns" (AK-47,m16, glock 17, and what ever else i could buy and hide). remember in Iraq civilians are not allowed to have any guns but they have taked over 3 million guns from people there when the US  came there.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
The catch word is collected . Yes "they" got them !
With all the hardware "they" have do you believe you could hide your guns ? If you did and "they" had record of the sales "they" may keep you locked up and then what good would they do ya ?
Better to get off ones azz and vote and help others see who and what they are voting for and fix the mess instead of hiding guns and ammo .
But then whats a little stash hurt !

Offline Stif

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 05:18:38 PM »
You might make do with what I believe is called the “Rodentator”. You shoot propane gas down the gopher’s tunnels and then ignite the gas. I’ve seen the video of little clouds of dirt shooting up all over a pasture. It’s fun to watch but scares the heck out of me. I’m afraid of butane lighters.
Stif

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 07:38:34 AM »
Stiff,
At my old club there was a guy that used that ghopher killer.  The gas filled up a plastic wrap around a post in a fence and also filled the plastic slats that run from post to post.  Whe he touched off the gas the post and the slats exploded and stuck PVC parts in him and he had to have some reconstructive surgury.  Really bad.  Now he will not go near the gas grill at the club.