Author Topic: Knight Vision ML  (Read 1599 times)

Offline lefty red

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Knight Vision ML
« on: December 08, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
I haven't seen or heard much about this ML.  Does anyone use it or ever shot it?  Was at BPS last weekend and they were sold out.  Clerk said they were selling them pretty fast.

Jerry
I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I ain't never been lost in my life, been a might confused for a month or so.....

Pilgram, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear.....

Don't run little squirrel, you'll only die tired....

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
Re: Knight Vision ML
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »
I had one for a short while, had to send it back to Knight so it would fire and sold it without ever loading it. Didn't seem to be of the quality I have come to expect from Knight rifles.
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
I see the old post has been awhile, but a friend of mine just got a Knight Vision. Tried a Winchester 209 primer and no fire, went to the gun shop they tried a Remington primer and it worked ok, but they had no extra for sale. So all he has are the Wins. and we noticed the barrel does not close tight to the frame with the Winchester primers. What is going on, does anyone have any ideas for a fix or what to do????
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:38:15 AM »
I see the old post has been awhile, but a friend of mine just got a Knight Vision. Tried a Winchester 209 primer and no fire, went to the gun shop they tried a Remington primer and it worked ok, but they had no extra for sale. So all he has are the Wins. and we noticed the barrel does not close tight to the frame with the Winchester primers. What is going on, does anyone have any ideas for a fix or what to do????

ipyrek,

Not all 209 primers are the same length or diameter. Most of the rifles are made to accomadate the longest primer, which is the Winchester W209 at .301"-.305". The Federal 209A, CCI 209M, and Remington STS usually measure in the .295"-.299" range and are about .005" shorter on average.

I made a chart with the measurements quite awhile back of eight or so 209 primers, I'll see if I can find it. I have since tested about 10 or 11 different 209 primers in 5 different rifles with Blackhorn 209 powder.

His quick fix would be to get one of the shorter primers, there are also others that are shorter than those listed above, Cheddite being one of them.

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline k

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »
i have a vision and love it.i use federal 209a primers,100g vol.blackhorn unnder barnes tmz with supplied yellow sabots and have been impressed with it's accuracy.mine came with the nfpj BP,the action was pretty stiff but after a good cleaning and about 50 rnds thru it the action works much better............karl

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:24 PM »
I know its' been a while since anyone responded to your post. But, I have the S/S knight vision rifle. I purchased mine from SG, after my friend showed me his with the "new" ignition system (bare 209 primer system). Both my rifle and my friends' rifle shoot cloverleaf groups, with two & three pellets of T7. Still haven't made up my mind which load to use yet. Have been using Winchester T7 (muzzle loader) primers, never had a problem with ignition. Don't know if your problem is with the primer lengths, as Busta said, or with the use of the DISC (red plastic primer carrier) system. I think if you switch over to the bare 209 primer breech plug, it will solve your problems. The Vision is also easy to break down & clean.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.