Author Topic: OT update on mitch  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
OT update on mitch
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:48:03 AM »
well guys ,

its been over a year that i've been in this crapy country called iraq , i've seen and done a lot of things but all of those thingings i'm proud to say i was a part of. i got here in nov of 07 and was sent to a ruff AO, when we took over there was tipicaly about 100 IED a month, now thanks to a lot of long days and nights for a lot of great men ,we are down to about 7-10 IED a month, about half way thru we lost three really good men, in what was the sadest night of my life and a sight i pray i never see again. but thanks be to God beside those three (who will remain name less) nobody else was hurt over our deployment. we are starting to rap things up here and with any luck we'll be home just a few weeks after christmas. while over here i signed away 4 more years of my life to serve this great country and over the next 6 years of my time in the army i have a feeling i'll be coming back over here . its been a great ride and i'm proud of everything i've done . so thanks for all the good wishes , help and prayers. looks like they worked.

marry christmas guys.

mitchell (saving the world , one bullet at a time)
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: OT update on mitch
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:00:47 AM »
Mitch,
  God bless you and everything you do in our name and on our behalf, I thank you.

Merry Christmas and happy new year. I wish you a safe remainder and delivery home to your family.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline sonofafish

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:06:54 AM »
Thank you Mitch and Happy holidays

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 03:07:58 AM »
 Glad to hear from you, Mitch.
 Thank you for your service, hope and pray for your safe return home
  Try to make hooker Ok. if you are state side in june
  Marv. (Datil)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 03:23:02 AM »
thank you SIR!  youve done what most havnt, and i thank you for it.
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline mitchell

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »
no prob man. but don't ever call me sir!!!!! i'm enlisted and my boots are on the ground not in the truck ;)

Offline FW Conch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 03:45:09 AM »
Mitch, we can't thank you enough for where your "boots have been"! Best of fortune to you & yours! Jim
 :) :D ;D
Jim

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 03:53:45 AM »
Thank you Mitchell and those serving with you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New years to you all!

but don't ever call me sir!!!!!
Don'T you mean you work for a living ;)

Be safe friend

Lonny

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:15:16 AM »
Thanks Mitch, your sacrifice and dedication to the cause is appreciated, god speed on your way home to your family.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mitchell

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 05:38:54 AM »
thanks tim , the way home if comming to a end and i can't wait.

BTW my daughter is walking now, and trying to mumble words, i sure did miss a lot. but all for a good reason i guess

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:02:06 AM »
Mitch, you are cared about and appreciated.  Thank you for your sacrifices for our freedom.  God bless you.  If there is anything we can do for your family while you're gone, give us a holler.  Let the boys there know all of us are not anti-war.  If it weren't for you people there, and Bush's determination to stop them, we'd certainly be having more terrorist problems here.  Thank you again for keeping us safe at home.  I just wish I could be with you guys.  Give our thanks to all of your buddies, you're doing a hell of a job. 

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Skunk

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »
Mitchell, thank you for your devoted service to our country. You guys and gals are the real American Heroes.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline eaglewatch

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 06:21:16 AM »
Hoooah ! Be careful. Sir!, you work for a living, right ! :)

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 07:32:19 AM »
Thanks so much for what you have done to help my family and so many others.  Don't forget and don't let your buddies forget, no matter what you hear from the media and a few crazies, we are all behind you and thankful for your devotion.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:09 AM »
Always nice when you stop and check in with us Mitch!  And hearing that you'll soon be home makes it even better!   ;D

Until then, stay safe.
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »
Thanks Mitch.
Just try to get the hell out of this god forsaken country, all in one piece that is.

Fred
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
Mitch. Godspeed to you and yours. Thanks a million for your service.......carbineman

Offline mitchell

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »
thanks guys, and yes i do work for my living!!! i got screwed out of going to the board over here (me and a SSG got into it , i was right but he won) i wont make my sgt til when i get back , but my new SSG (old one got fired) said he will be taking me to the first board we have when i get back, so sgt by july hopfully. so E-4 just means your the leader of the work horses and you get dirty too.

oh ya and hooah is a no-go here i'm in the cav, and even tho the army as a whole doesn't like us there is nothing like seeing the faces on a bunch of POG's that are pinned down and getting messed up , when the scouts roll in and take names kick @$$ and save the day.

scouts out-

Offline Tallwalker

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »
Thanks Mitch for your service, and the service of all those that are there with you. I have some idea just how hot, and dirty the work can be at times. Merry Christmas, and happy New Year to you! You guys, and gals are in my thoughts often, and in my prayers always.

As far as the Scouts go.......... I can remember several times long ago, and far away in another direction when I was pretty relieved when the Armoured Cav pulled M113's, and M48A1 tanks between our bunkers on the perimeter. Yea, you guys can Kick A$$, especially with the stuff you have these days!!  :)

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
SCOUTS OUT  Thank you my friend. Keep your chin up & your a$$ down. We are free because of men like you.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
God bless you. You make all of America proud. God speed in returning to your family and a greatful nation
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline jhoutdoors

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
Thanks for your service! I appreciate our freedoms which all of you protect, be safe and wish you a safe remainder of tour.

Jason

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »
Merry CHRISTmas, my bro. Have a safe trip home and thank you very much. So does it still smell terrible everywhere over there?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Mitch in MI

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:01 PM »
Merry Christmas, Mitch.
They didn't let you take any Handis or Ultra Slug Hunters with you, did they? :D

Offline TopperT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
  • Guard Dog
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
Thanks for EVERYTHING you AND your family does for all of us back here.  E-4. ;D...I remember when (40 odd years ago :o).  Stay safe and have a Merry Christmas, from my family to you and yours.....our deepest thanks.......

Offline mitchell

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 02:17:58 AM »
Merry CHRISTmas, my bro. Have a safe trip home and thank you very much. So does it still smell terrible everywhere over there?

i was out today and had to pat down about 100 iraqi people i about threw up a few times. i stopped smoking the other day and my nose is starting to smell thing better, so now its even worse.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 06:10:21 AM »
What more can I say, other than THANKS!  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
Thank you for your service, and a merry Christmas to you and your family.

I don't know where you are at over there but if it is Al-Anbar and you see a big ugly Marine named Derrick, smack my brother in law in the back of the head and tell him Erik said to keep his big ugly head down. We can't go hunting if he gets hurt.
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline double R

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »
thank you for your service and the job you are doing.my youngest son is in training for his 2nd tour now. he will be leaving on april 6th.which is my birthday

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
God's blessings on you and the others, Mitch.  Keep your head down and stay safe until you get home!  It'll be one heck of a transition.  Let me know if you need someone to talk to.

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone