Author Topic: Four more years of Obama  (Read 879 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Four more years of Obama
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
Or is it eight? With the Republicans adrift, who can tell. This clod Obama might be running the federal executive branch for eight years because there is no Republican challenge in sight.
Safety first

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Four more years of Obama
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:41:00 AM »
whatever else Obama is, he is not a clod, stupid, an idiot,or dumb.
Two things about his intention I can support. Spending money on rebuilding infrastructure which is so overdue it boggles the mind. Telling the Israelis that unlimited cheques are no longer on the table for them. About time !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »
Beg to disagree:

They might spend as much as the original Interstate system cost (~$130 billion), but we will see nowhere near the level of benefit the original system provided.

Does anyone else find it strange that a 'use it or lose it' provision is supposed to represent a 'new and smarter way' to spend infrastructure funds? Unspent funds are certainly not the problem with current investment practices.

Israel is a very important ally that does have high costs associated with it. I'd like to see an analysis of the incremental cost difference between paying Israel to be a military presence there versus what it would cost us to provide our own presence. It may actually be a bargain, I don't know. One thing I do find interesting is that just about every Islamic / Middle Eastern paper is beating the drum for reducing US payments to Israel.
Safety first

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 07:52:27 AM »
We need to rebuild the roads and bridges and that is a fact. The other fact is this will create jobs in turn poeple are going to spend money putting other poeple back to work. I'm on the fence about Isreal in my opionion they are no better than muslims I have no use for either race
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:18 AM »
A stealth issue is a Constitution Convention.  An article I read stated that it requires 34 states for a CC and 32 have signed on.  Ohio is voting on it.

Has anyone heard that?

Years ago a CC was suggested; however, I thought it had died.

This could be the CHANGE Obama is talking about.  It would only make it formal the Constituion is not revelant.  Our founding Fathers warned of this.  This is the frog in the frying pan way of change-slowly until he is cooked.

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
Republicans may have a new star rising.  I like Corker's auto bailout plan.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28179431/

Offline jk3006

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
Not aware of a upcoming CC.  Please advise if you hear more on this.

A stealth issue is a Constitution Convention.  An article I read stated that it requires 34 states for a CC and 32 have signed on.  Ohio is voting on it.

Has anyone heard that?

Years ago a CC was suggested; however, I thought it had died.

This could be the CHANGE Obama is talking about.  It would only make it formal the Constituion is not revelant.  Our founding Fathers warned of this.  This is the frog in the frying pan way of change-slowly until he is cooked.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:02:09 AM »
rebuilding roads and bridges are dead end jobs that will produce nothing for the economy.Once they are done the job is gone. Great new roads and bridges and nothing to trasnsport on them is not the future we need.The die is cast, banks got cash and industry gets shut out. A congressman actually said "the financial bailout is cash to people who contribute to political campaigns and the auto bailout would be money to blue collar workers". The first thing i've heard form one of them that i actually believe. Banks raised intrest rates on the credit cards (they promised that they would'nt do that) that takes money out of the ecomony ,that would be spent on merchandise and grow the economy ,for nothing and stiffels economic recovery while increasing bank profits.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:19 PM »
Building roads is a dead end job?  Are you kidding me?  My uncle retired a few years ago and in almost 30 YEARS he worked on ONE road.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:35:23 PM »
I watched Bushes weekly radio show on sunday (it was on tv).
He talked about a sensible troop withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
When it was over they had Barack Hussein Obamas radio show on. His Idea of saving money? We are going to put in energy efficient light bulbs and re-insulate all the federal buildings.
Seriously-
We are going to pay a crew of union electricians forty dollars an hour to change perfectly good light bulbs and union laborers thirty five dollars an hour to re-insulate buildings that they should be trying to get the hot air out of instead of keeping it in.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 06:33:45 AM »
I watched Bushes weekly radio show on sunday (it was on tv).
He talked about a sensible troop withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
When it was over they had Barack Hussein Obamas radio show on. His Idea of saving money? We are going to put in energy efficient light bulbs and re-insulate all the federal buildings.
Seriously-
We are going to pay a crew of union electricians forty dollars an hour to change perfectly good light bulbs and union laborers thirty five dollars an hour to re-insulate buildings that they should be trying to get the hot air out of instead of keeping it in.

Being more energy efficient is a good thing.  We are currently looking at investing in new energy efficient lightbulbs to install in at the ballfield.  We will spend thousands, but it will cut our power bill so much that it will pay for itself within a year.  The only difference is we won't be paying people to do it.  Still creating jobs is a good thing in itself.  I don't like Obama and his ideas won't even break the surface of the repair job our country needs, but it might just help a little.  I agree 100% with ya about needing to get the hot air out, but in my opinion cutting energy cost is a good thing if gone about in the right way.  I have little faith that he will go about it the right way, but we will have to wait and see.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 06:47:22 AM »
I will admit that Obama seems to be working harder before he gets into office than any other I can remember.
It seems to me he wants to spend a bunch of money... we all know who he will get that money from.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
I think I still have time to hope and pray that we don't even have 4 years of him in the first place.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:52 AM »
Hi Heather-
If you listen to what he says "save or create" jobs. How do you "save" jobs? Should I be waiting for the slip stapled to my pay check that says-
:Congratulations-your position was almost terminated, but was "saved" by the democrats

- unfortunately your check wasn't sufficient to cover your tax debt, so we garnished your checking account.

You have $37.50 left in your account-you really should go grocery shopping because your fridge is almost empty

Sincerely yours

Osama

Offline Questor

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 03:51:17 AM »
The whole roads and bridges argument is a sham. Roads and bridges is one of the few things government is supposed to work on in the first place. The scandal here is that they have not been doing their job because the money has been going to wasteful programs.

After having worked for various government agencies as a consultant, my opionion is that about 70% of government could be eliminated because of the massive redundancy and waste. For each agency there is at least one other agency doing almost exactly the same thing. In many cases, 2 or 3 other agencies do the same thing. A good place to start looking is Department of Agriculture and USDA.
Safety first

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »
Hi Heather-
If you listen to what he says "save or create" jobs. How do you "save" jobs? Should I be waiting for the slip stapled to my pay check that says-
:Congratulations-your position was almost terminated, but was "saved" by the democrats

- unfortunately your check wasn't sufficient to cover your tax debt, so we garnished your checking account.

You have $37.50 left in your account-you really should go grocery shopping because your fridge is almost empty

Sincerely yours

Osama

He is definitely an odd one.  If I had to guess about what he meant by saving jobs, he is probally talking about bailing out companies that would otherwise go bankrupt.  As far as waiting on your letter from Osama, it is morally and constitutionally wrong for any administration to do something like that.  Do I put it past him?  NO!  Best bet is to stay under the radar of the IRS and keep your money with ya!  Not cash but something that is actually going to be worth something in the next 4 years, gold, silver, or lead!  Good luck!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:28:02 AM »
Yes lots of lead.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 07:24:52 AM »
It will be kind of refreshing to have an articulate president who does not use uh, huh or duh in every sentence.   ;D

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »
I hear lots of uhs and duhs out of Obamas mouth whenever someone asks him something other than a puff ball question. But that only happens very rarely because they might end up like Joe the Plumber.

Offline Questor

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 09:32:50 AM »
alsaqr:

You'll have to wait until after the Obama administration, then. Obama doesn't seem to handle extemporaneous speaking very well.
Safety first

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »
I kind of like Bush talk. Might be some uhms and ahhs but it is truth. Unlike Dems who have a hard time remembering which lie is now extant. Plain ol Texas talk.

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
I kind of like Bush talk. Might be some uhms and ahhs but it is truth. Unlike Dems who have a hard time remembering which lie is now extant. Plain ol Texas talk.

YEP, agreed. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »

I kind of like Bush talk. Might be some uhms and ahhs but it is truth.

Yep, just like all those mobile biological weapons labs in Iraq. 
WMD=Wanton Mass Deception.