Author Topic: "Open Range" - Best Ever!!!!  (Read 835 times)

Offline RB Rooson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • "If you come for mine, be sure to bring yours!"
    • http://www.ptca.00go.com
"Open Range" - Best Ever!!!!
« on: August 17, 2003, 07:48:35 AM »
Went to a 10:15 PM showing of "Open Range" last night in Fort Worth, TX - hoping to miss alot of the crowds, but it was full to the doors!

May be the BEST WESTERN MOVIE that I've ever seen!!!!!  Dialogue, guns, clothes, saloon, morals, saddles and the gunfight scene were absolutely perfect.   (Oh, Yes.......there was a fanning for 9-shots, but the most minor of glitches!)  

Went with a fellow SASS Duelist, who is also a fair Western Re-enactor, and he just kept saying, "Wow......oh, Wow!" all night long!

This one is already on my DVD Christmas Wish List...........

:grin:  :-)  :lol:
SASS #16974 - Duelist
SBSS # 1195 (O.G.B.) LXXIX
BOLD # 352

"Everyday I pray to be the man that my dog thinks I am!"

Offline Buckshotliam

• Trade Count: (0)
"Open Range" - Best Ever!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 11:21:30 AM »
I agree!! I saw it yesterday and was blown away. It's great!  I think we should all buy tickets and send Holly-weird a message that a well made Western is a viable investment for them.  Today I think it's the best western movie ever made.....but then, I'm like a kid with a short memory.  It seems the best becasue I saw it yesterday and it's been awhile since I saw "Unforgiven" and "Lonesome Dove" and all the other "bests" in my estimation. Over on the SASS wire they're getting all bent out about a line of dialog that Boss (Duvall) speaks....I think it's just a movie, but a damn good movie.