Author Topic: RP on the Auto Bailout:  (Read 386 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
RP on the Auto Bailout:
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »
Hear what RP has to say...
[yt=525,450]h2FRhUs4WlI[/yt]
[yt=525,450]kelMWnC4pRc[/yt]
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: RP on the Auto Bailout:
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
Just think some of these guys here thought mmcain was better. They thought ron paul was a nut.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
ron paul had me from day 1 he just never had a chance. He would have been a great president
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Elijah Gunn

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
I couldn't watch the video since I only have dial-up. However I do have the "Don't Steal "sticker on my toolbox at work.
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:26:39 AM »
I couldn't watch the video since I only have dial-up. However I do have the "Don't Steal "sticker on my toolbox at work.

I love that sticker and I think a politician having one on his desk just outlines how far out of control things actually are.  It's to bad you can't watch that first video, it is RP's speech on the House floor.  He began by saying that these bailouts are constitutionally and morally wrong, but since those are weak arguments he goes into the financial repercussions of these missteps.  It is a bad time in society when morality and the constitution are weak points!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Elijah Gunn

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:51 PM »
Heather, from what you said it reminded me of an anecdote about Davey Crocket. While he was in the congress they voted to give some government money for the relief of.. I can't remember if it was either a hospital or an orphanage that had burnt down. Anyway , when he was back in his home district one of his constituents gave him a good dressing down and reminded him of how unconstitutional such an act was, however well intentioned.
 I have a personal story as well.
When I was in high school in 1978 I had a history class in which my liberally bent teacher used to add his own political views to whatever part of history we were learning about. One day the subject of the Chrysler bailout came up during class (the 1st one). I don't remember what exactly it was that he said, but it prompted me to raise my hand and ask ,"Why is it the governments responsibility to bail out private industry?
He asked if I was one of them rugged individualists that pull themselves up by the bootstraps. I said yes. After this he went into a short tirade that ended with him pointing directly at me and saying," Just be glad everyone that we are not as cold and cruel as Mr. Gunn over there!"
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.