Author Topic: fitting new barrels - Cdn customers  (Read 290 times)

Offline Icehunter

• Trade Count: (0)
fitting new barrels - Cdn customers
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:15:42 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post to the forum, I joined because other websites indicated that this was the best source for info on NEF firearms, and after reading through some of the posts I have to agree! This is a fantastic amount of info.

I have a question, and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere - I checked through a lot of the topics and didn't see it:

I've been looking at buying a single-shot rifle for a while, it takes me back to my days as a kid chasing small game with single-shot shotguns. I would love to have a TC, but being a poor man, lol, I'm looking at the poor man's TC instead, the Handi. I like the thought of having multiple barrels, and am willing to take my changes with sending the receiver and fore end back to the factory for fitting (despite reading a few horror stories here...). But here's the problem, I am in Canada, and NEF will fit barrels for US customers only. Does anyone on here have any advice? Know of a Canadian dealer who can ship the guns back for fitting?

Incidentally, I did read a comment on a different website yesterday that said that NEF is developing a system so that barrels would not need to be factory fitted, but they are several years away from having them available. Too bad, I don't want to wait that long!

Thanks in advance everyone, and greetings from the Great White North (about minus 40 C here today...)

Jeff

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: fitting new barrels - Cdn customers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:32:20 AM »
Welcome Jeff! Unfortunately there's no way to have acc barrels fitted for Canadian customers unless Remington changes things, and with the hoops required to ship a privately owned firearm across the border twice, I doubt it will happen. Best advice is buy complete firearms in country or used barrels and fit them yourself, barrels can be shipped from individuals in the US to Canada, there are a few here that have done it including myself, barrels are always available in the H&R Classifieds and barrel fitting info can be found in the FAQs and Help sticky. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain