Author Topic: 12 ga. barrel length ??  (Read 597 times)

Offline Dusty223

• Trade Count: (25)
12 ga. barrel length ??
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »
I have a 12 ga. barrel that measures 27 1/2" from end to end.  My question is this - what length of barrel is it 26" or 28"? Thanks.

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 12 ga. barrel length ??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure it would be considered a 28.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
I, too, think it would be a 28" barrel.  I don't think the 12ga was made in a 26" barrel.  Not in a standard Pardner, anyway.

cookiamann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »
All Pardner barrels listed as 28" are actually 27 1/2".  I have one in modified choke and love the balance of the thing.  Looks long, expecially after I cut the stock to a straight "English style" but it's only about 43".

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
I have got to try that.  Cutting a stock, I mean.  I like that long and lean look.  I have a manlicher forearm that needs finished and that would be a great home for it....on a 26" barreled 20ga Pardner.
cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »
I have got to try that.  Cutting a stock, I mean.  I like that long and lean look.  I have a manlicher forearm that needs finished and that would be a great home for it....on a 26" barreled 20ga Pardner.cookiemann

I just love straight stocks.  I like the feel of it after I have slimmed it down a bit.  The standard "pallet wood" feels sort of square in front of the pistol grip so I round it off and slim the whole thing down.  Power sand around the the rear with the butt plate on it and you won't have that "does not quite fit" look anymore.  I used a saw to carefully cut the pistol grip off some, then a wood rasp and a power sander with rough 60 grit to shape.  Later very fine grit to smooth.  Then finish.

I think MSP Ret has done quite a few also.  There is also something in FAQ about refinishing.