Author Topic: This has been done before.... but  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
This has been done before.... but
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
We went thru this once before and I thought it kinda fun, We have alot of new people here now, So, How did everyone come up with your screen name?

When I was just a Pup and new to the world, Thought I new it all but didn't know squat. I would show up at my uncles garage/gas station, (Find one of those today) He would always tell everybody (In Jest) Oh no here comes more badnews, Mostly cuase my car was broke and I didn't know how to fix it. ::) Well I can fix my own car now thanks to him and I've been carrying Badnews Bob around for thirty years now. Aint life grand. ;D
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: This has been done before.... but
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »

I didn't have nothin to do with it. Blame it on my mom and dad.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »
My handle is car oriented, I used to own a '98 Dodge Durango, was a member of the Durango Owners Club. Myself and several other members were in a Durango or "D" chat room talking about performance modifications to our 5.9L Ds, Tony D aka QuikD had done the same mods as I did and I mentioned it and said that makes me Quickd too, and the name stuck.  ::) ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »
Now we understand it, you sly old F$%T.  Mine's less complicated.  Pete MI (Michigan)
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
Well my name is troy hence troyboy.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
Radio call sign from a place far away, and long,long  ago.It was one I could live with.One of the others that came down from on high was "Russet Flank"   I await the smart  a@@  remarks. ::)   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »
Mine comes from some bow huntin buddy's razin me when I was making my first self bow and wanting to act like an indian. This went on for 2 yrs til I finally killed a deer with the "indian" bow. When I returned to camp that morning late they were all sittin around wondering where the indian was at .I finally burst out and proclaimed myself the fat indian... one of those stories that will be told for many yrs to come at our camp. The spelling was from the politically correct AOL at the time you could not type Fat Indian on thier site. I do got to say that bow just keeps gettin prettier every yr as the Osage ages .Kurt 
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »
When I first got on the internet, back when you paid for on-line time by the minute,  ::)  AOL asked what I wanted for a screen name.  I wasn't quite sure what a screen name was for and not being real inventive at the time I was at a loss until I remembered the old TV program "LA Law."  Arnie, the firm divorce lawyer had "LA Law" on the tag of his Porsch.  Since I had a Porsch, and since I was a divorce lawyer in Atlanta... Atl Law - Atllaw.  Okay, okay.  Kind of hokey.   :-[  but everybody got to have a name...  ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »
Just my initials and the street I live on, I can't remember to many different sign-ons, so have to stick with something I CAN remember.  'Sides, it helps me find my house after work ;D  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline FW Conch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
 A native of the Florida Keys is a "Conch", named after the shelled sea creature.  One who has located to

the Florida Keys & lived there for 7 years is adopted as a "Fresh Water Conch". That's me - FW Conch- Jim
Jim

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
Mines easy.  I've been a mechanic 39 years, and the other names people call me can't be used here......
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Slufoot

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »
Well I kinda inherited mine. My dad is 75 years old and when he was a young boy in school the teacher had the kids to read a story and take turns as he called their names. The story they were reading was Old Slewfoot, it's a story about a bear and when the teacher decided it was dad's turn to read he said "OK Slewfoot it's your turn". That name stuck with dad and when I was a teenager a few of his old friends said I looked just like him when he was young and they started calling me Slewfoot.
I just changed the spelling out of respect for my dad.

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

Offline Shawnee Gene

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »
I grew up in the Shawnee Hills in SW Illinois.(Alexander County) ;D
"Wheel guns are Real guns!"

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 01:51:18 PM »
Mine comes from the fact that I play the doublebass AKA upright bass, bass violin or bass fiddle in a jazz band and was born in 1973.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline minnesotashooter

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
I live in Minnesota and I shooter=minnesotashooter

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 02:42:30 PM »
The name says all you need to know about the subject.

grumpy + Erik = grumpyErik
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline TopperT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
  • Guard Dog
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
My nickname all thru school was "Topper".....with the H&R use of the name I thought it a natural to use for my handel.  The T is the first letter of my last name.  Kinda of all fit togeather.

Offline oldyardog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
Ex girlfriend in Mississippi called me a "yard dog"  when we parted company a long time ago. When some of my coworkers found out they used it in jest (I think). I am now old so my presant wife says.

Oldyardog

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »
the  45-70 government  seemed  to be popular when  i was  just  a reader  here
i  did  have  the buffalo classic  i was  partial  to
45-70.gov  was  a  more  cumputer age  spelling  of  the  OLD cardredge

i  now  have  4  45-70  because  of  reading  here  and  my  new  name

i  had  been  thinking  about the  xlr before  i came  here   but  one  is  now mine
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »
Mine is a new name I had to come up with as no one would let me continue to use what I had wanted.   I love Jeeps first of all.   Have a new Jeep Unlimited 2008 and also am an extra class Ham Radio Operator.   Did not want to use my call sign as I use it for my license plate.  AB0RT and that is very unusual that the FCC would sent that call sign.  Alpha, bravo, zero, romeo, tango.   Center 0 is zero not an o.   So the handle jeep08ham stuck.

I really wanted to use the Triple (LLL)  Lady Leg Licker but the wife said NO!  Then I wanted to use the Quadriple B  (BBBB) Bashful Bare Booby Biter but she nicked that one too.   Not sure why.  It was only 4 days before I regained conscious.  ;D

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »
I guess mine came from the fact that I always liked long barreled guns.
I remembered that there was a very long shotgun called a LONGTOM and that seemed to fit in with the image I had of myself, always wanted to be a MOUNTAIN MAN.
That's also the reason for the pic of my avatar.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline chillydigits

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Gene Pool narrowing...Think about it
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
I'm a refrigeration service tech, Since I spend most of my days in -20 freezers the name seemed to fit how my hands felt ;D
We have to kill these animals or else they will die, That makes us enviromentalists.

Offline Saloon slug

• Contributor
  • Eastern NC
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »
Mine is an old SASS alias I used to spend alot of time bar hopping when I was younger.
From the halls of Montezuma

Offline dep869

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
I'm a deputy sheriff.  My badge # is 869.  So..dep869. 

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »
This is neat!!!
I really enjoy reading how some of you got your names.
Some are pretty easy and others I would have never guessed.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Westbound

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
Mine started several years ago as I was a DJ in the dance music scene.  had to have a name, so over a few beers with buddies, we came up with westbound.  just a play on my last name -west.

been using it for everthing since then

Offline mtbugle

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
when my wife was getting us started on internet stuff she was working for Rmef and the publication they put out is called bugle.  I'm native of montana. So my aol screen name became MTBUGLE, and it works fine on here too. 

Offline Chas.

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
Mine's just the abbreviation of what my Momma used to call me.

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 02:23:31 AM »
My handle comes from 2 sources.  First, I love mideval weaponry and armor.  I make my own armor and actually used to fight in it in the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism).  Those are the guys that you see fighting at renaissance faires.  A fortress just "embodied" the whole concept of knights, arms, and armor.  All other numbers were taken up so I became the 49th "fortress".  Plus I liked the San Francisco 49er's.  So, that fit too.  I grew up in the San Fransisco Bay Area and have moved to the Houston area just 7 years ago.

The second inspiration for the name came from an old Simon and Garfunkel song "I am a Rock".  In that song one line says "I am a rock, I am a fortress".  The song fit my mood at the time I was getting into the computer internet thing.  So, that "fortress" thing came up again.

There you have it...Fortress49 was born.

Matt

Offline Natty Bumppo

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »
My name comes from the central character in James Fenimore Cooper's books, The Leatherstocking Tales, the most famous of which is The Last of the Mohicans, I guess.  What Wikipedia says about him:  "Nathaniel 'Natty' Bumppo, although the child of white parents, grew up with Native Americans, becoming a near-fearless warrior skilled in many weapons, one of which is the rifled musket. Hawkeye (one of his many nicknames) respects his forest home and all its inhabitants, hunting only what he needs to survive. And when it comes time to fire his trusty flintlock, he lives by the rule, 'One shot, one kill.'"  Wishful thinking, I guess.   :D