Author Topic: This has been done before.... but  (Read 4027 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: This has been done before.... but
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 04:12:48 AM »
not much creativity in mine, but a  lifetime of experiences, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I retired after about 30 years on the Mass State Police and just over 32.5 years as a LEO...hence MSP Ret....<><....:),
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline casterbuster

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
While searching through a baby name book trying to figure out what we were going to name my first child.  I came across "Caster" which means "Beaver" and the "Buster" which means "Puncher"  put em together and you get "Casterbuster" aka "BeaverPuncher"  Sorry I am a little devious

Offline tykempster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • I enjoy long range shooting and big guns.
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »
tykempster@yahoo.com was my e-mail address from 3rd grade.

And so the first part sticks...my name is Tyler Kemp, pretty deep, I know.  :-\

Offline FW Conch

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »
 ty ?  e-mail  in the third grade ?  The world has definitely passed me by !  :-[ ??? :'(  Jim
Jim

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
ty ?  e-mail  in the third grade ?  The world has definitely passed me by !      Jim

Either that or he is very very young!!!

When I was in the third grade only the Fed Gov had a computer.
You know, the one that took up the whole room!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »
When I was in the third grade only the Fed Gov had a computer.LONGTOM

When I was young the closest thing to a computer we had was called an abacus!   ::)  But there was talk of some new fangled thing called a slide rule...   :-[

And Tyler is that young... why do you think I call him Tyke?   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
My dad use to play practical jokes and things with telemarketers and salesmen and such. Someone would call wanting to sell books or something like that and dad would ask them a ton of questions, like how many pages did they have, what kind of type set was used, and just go on and on, and then he would tell them he wasn't interested and that they had the wrong number anyway, they had reached the residence of "John D. Fortenberry". Anytime dad had a situation where he didn't want to reveal his real name he would also use it. I couldn't help but think about those times when I was trying to come up with a screen name, hence the name JonD.

Offline sr sawyer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (70)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »
Mine is easy also.  I have been a carpenter for over forty years and a several years ago an appprentice started calling me senior sawyer.  So sr sawyer
NRA Life Member

Offline bigoledude

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »
Big=Fat     ole=OLD      dude= Male

Couldda added baldheaded and ugly.  But, I figured I'd stick to my best attributes. 

I dunno, it just sounded better that Fatugly&baldheaded!

Ray   

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »
My name is "Jim" but just about everyone calls me "Jimbo" so that is what I go by here and other places on the net.

The "47" was because someone else had already picked my handle, and that is the year I was born.

Yea, I'm what a lot of people would consider an old geezer, and kind of grumpy at times, but I've got a lot of experience, and I try to share some of it here with a bunch of great people.
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 03:05:28 AM »
I've been called Markus by a lot of folks over the years. When I statred at my present job, back in 95 there was a guy named mark already so I said call me Markus. Before that it was my name at the bar I worked at. The spelling came from a sweet young thing that made me a name tag that didn't know it is generally spelled with a C. It has become sort of a trademark for me. and the only name om my bussiness card.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 06:01:08 AM »
When I went prairie dog/ dove hunting in KS a couple of years ago, the only shotgun I had was my singleshot pardner 12ga.  So the first day, although I brought along 3 other very nice bolt action rifles, when my friends started pulling out their benelli's, franchi, and Remington autoloaders, I pulled out my trusty old pardner... all their mouths kinda dropped open, and I received many request to use their spare benelli's or franchi's, I told them I was too fond of my old Singleshot, and thus I was dubbed Single Shot Sammy... I just shortened the Sammy part.

Consequently, I was the only one that limited out, and brought home shells from that trip  :P... Not to mention a couple of those guys still owe me a couple boxes of 12 ga. shells :D ... thanks for reminding me!!!
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline xit

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
Merry Christmas!  XIT is merely our cattle brand. Right rib.

Offline Guy Pike

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
I got my name way back when I was real little. It's what my parents named me and I've never seen any need to use something else. I know it sounds uppity to say that but it really is true. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate Christian holidays!
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline 351 power

• A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »
my first website activity was on the ford truck site. i needed a name so i went 351 power cause that was what drove the truck i had then. it was a good old truck
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline Jones

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »

But what about the cat what is the story about that?

GJ

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 02:50:34 AM »
i live in a beach town(Mission Beach) in San Diego...every year from June to September the neighborhood is invaded by tourists,many of them from neighboring Arizona..and they are everywhere...so the locals got to referring to tourists as "zoners"....about five years ago i bought a "snowbird" house in Apache Junction, Arizona...i hang out there in the winter...Usery Mtn range is 6 miles from my house....now i am the "zoner".......

Offline MTGlass

• Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 06:45:04 AM »
"M-T Glass Liquor" is a liquor store in town.  I always thought the name was a cute play on words (empty glass) and purloined it when I wanted something besides my SASS alias.
Cordially,

MTGlass

Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
My name and location, not too imaginative. But it works.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Steve P

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 07:28:01 AM »
I was playing varsity soccer in college and was playing with some semi-pro guys on weekends and during breaks.  My college coach also played with the semi-pro guys.  I was young, slender, had a hairy chin, and could eat a giant pizza and a pitcher of beer for lunch.  They thought I looked and acted like Shaggy from Scooby-doo.  We were playing Oregon State in Parker Stadium and I kept butting in when the coach was talking.  Coach finally said "Shaggy, if you don't shut up, you wont get any snacks after the game."  Shaggy stuck from then on.

357 was my first real handgun and I got good with it.  Guys at my gun club (we had a lot of Steves) used to call me "Steve with the 357".  One of the guys found out my nickname was Shaggy, so he started calling my Shaggy and added the 357 so the other guys would understand.  At the club, Shaggy357 stuck.  Had it for a long time now.

Steve :)
"Life is a play before an audience of One.  When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"  SP 2002

Offline Westbound

• Contributor
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 07:29:11 AM »

Would this be the XIT in the panhandle of Texas????

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »
Uh OK But.....hate to break it to ya your name on here is Steve P not Shaggy or Shaggy357. So what was all that about?  ???  ???  ???

I was playing varsity soccer in college and was playing with some semi-pro guys on weekends and during breaks.  My college coach also played with the semi-pro guys.  I was young, slender, had a hairy chin, and could eat a giant pizza and a pitcher of beer for lunch.  They thought I looked and acted like Shaggy from Scooby-doo.  We were playing Oregon State in Parker Stadium and I kept butting in when the coach was talking.  Coach finally said "Shaggy, if you don't shut up, you wont get any snacks after the game."  Shaggy stuck from then on.

357 was my first real handgun and I got good with it.  Guys at my gun club (we had a lot of Steves) used to call me "Steve with the 357".  One of the guys found out my nickname was Shaggy, so he started calling my Shaggy and added the 357 so the other guys would understand.  At the club, Shaggy357 stuck.  Had it for a long time now.

Steve :)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline CyberDean

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Cyber taken from the word cyberspace due to my computer job in the military starting in 1969, repair, programming and teaching a multi-service computer course before anyone knew how to spell PC, and when the internet was born I jumped in full force, added my name and it became CyberDean.

Great forum, been on since last Thursday.  Hello everyone.  ;D
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  Mt 6:33

Dean, West Virginia, USAF, Retired, NRA Life Member, member HCA, USCCA

S&W M&P 45 & M&P Compact 40S&W, H&R Handi Rifle SB2 45-70 (2),  Marlin 1895G 45-70 GOVT,  Winchester 70 25 WSSM,  Santa FE #12014 Delux Mauser MK1 30-06

Offline beerhunter

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 06:51:20 PM »
I like to kill beers

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09:36 AM »
I like to kill beers

When you get them mounted do you do full body er can I mean or just a shoulder mount?  ;D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline One Eye

• Avid Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008, 03:30:51 AM »
I lost my left eye in a bowhunting accident in 1983.  Another hunter mistook me for a deer at dark and shot me in the eye.  SO, I only have one eye  ;)

Dan
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Offline Westbound

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2008, 03:47:01 AM »
I like to kill beers

When you get them mounted do you do full body er can I mean or just a shoulder mount?  ;D

A convenience store owner here in Texas had a keystone beer can with pronghorn antlers mounted european style.  called it the Keyst-o-lope.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »
I lost my left eye in a bowhunting accident in 1983.  Another hunter mistook me for a deer at dark and shot me in the eye.  SO, I only have one eye  ;)

Dan

Dan, I think a better name would be Lucky.... to be alive!! I'm glad you made it, it's a miracle that you survived it.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »
OUCH, That hurt to read Dan. :o

I know an feller down the road, he hunts beer cans for the skins and sells them downtown. ;D
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline cascadedad

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:22 AM »
Uh OK But.....hate to break it to ya your name on here is Steve P not Shaggy or Shaggy357. So what was all that about?  ???  ???  ???

He was a soccer player (not too bright!).   ;D

Well, the most important thing I do is being a dad to my four kids.  I live on Cascade Ave.  Therefore, cascadedad........