Author Topic: Any word on intoductions at the SHOT Show by H&R?  (Read 888 times)

Offline eskimo36

• Trade Count: (156)
    • Adventure Rider
Any word on intoductions at the SHOT Show by H&R?
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:18:54 AM »
With the SHOT Show just a few weeks away, has there been any word on any new versions or calibers?
"one shot is usually enough"

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Any word on intoductions at the SHOT Show by H&R?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
7mm mag, a .300 mag, a .257 roberts, and a .260 rem.  all on a new "super frame", a really wide hinge pin, an a revolutionary new underlug, harder than granite.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO ALL!!!
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »
7mm mag, a .300 mag, a .257 roberts, and a .260 rem.  all on a new "super frame", a really wide hinge pin, an a revolutionary new underlug, harder than granite.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO ALL!!!

Unfortunately those are just good candidates for the wish list.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline eskimo36

• Trade Count: (156)
    • Adventure Rider
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
Buckslayer, I think you have been in the eggnog a little too often for a little too long, but i like the way you think.
"one shot is usually enough"

Offline buckslayer

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
blah, eggnog?  id rather drink marsh water, lol.  yep, they are on my wish list, and last time i checked, its the christmas season, so that means its time to wish, right?  lol, havnt heard anything on whats coming out, but as always, i cant wait to see!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »
I posted some of the things that may happen, won't know more until next month as to any new chamberings.

Tim

Got some good news on the new H&R plant in Ilion. The new assembly line has been vastly improved over the old method, they have a new wood manufacturing process being installed that will improve the wood to metal fit. They're considering offering the 2 and 3 barrel combo guns again, and replacing the nickel frames with the stainless SS 45-70 Ultra frame, and increasing the stainless offerings. The new offerings will still depend on distributor interest, so that remains to be seen. I dunno if the SS frames are a good idea since it will increase the cost considerably if the SS 45-70 Ultra price is indicative. But I certainly don't think anyone will complain about the wood to metal fit being improved!! ;D

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 10:44:58 AM »
I can usually figure some of them out by going through Sports South around this time. Nothing out of the ordinary as of a couple days ago.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »
I for one would love to have a magnum Handi, 300 would be good, .338 would be better.  Yes recoil would be impressive, and many folks would not want one.  But there are those of us that would welcome one with open arms.

Promise to let everyone know what I find out at the SHOT SHOW.     

I sure need to take a notebook with me and take notes.  Going to meet Michael Dukes (Local Radio host of Firearms Friday) and Ryan Horsely there.  Mike will be broadcasting his show from there on Friday. 

Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »
I would like to have one of the 300wm and the 338wm. Guess I need to go toughen up the old shoulder! :o

GJ

Offline buckslayer

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »
I would like to have one of the 300wm and the 338wm. Guess I need to go toughen up the old shoulder! :o

GJ
the mags are just what we'd like to see.  no idea if they even thought about making a mag this year.  more than likely not, as last year, they made a 7mm and a 300, and discontinued them before they really started.

Offline Westbound

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 03:48:38 AM »
I'd be all over a 7 mag.
I'd love to see the 338 for everyone as well, but probably wouldn't buy one.  not a lot of applications here in north texas.  our deer run the size of a german shephards and we got no bear :(