Author Topic: Broken MK85 trigger guard  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Broken MK85 trigger guard
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:30:54 AM »
I broke the trigger guard assembly on my early model MK85 this year.  As it is a sort of plastic I can't get any glue to hold long.  Does Knight sell replacement parts  or does anyone know where I can get a new guard.  A metal one would be nice but I don't guess there is any chance at that.

RJ

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Broken MK85 trigger guard
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:22:52 AM »
Today is your luck day, I am snowed in and can't get out to do anything else. I have an early MK-85 and just looking at the trigger guard next to one of my Disc rifles trigger guard (aluminum alloy) they always looked like they would be interchangable. So just for you I went and removed both. The only real difference is the aluminum one has more of an opening at the rear of the trigger where it is inlet into the stock. Good news is the newer aluminum trigger guard fits right in perfectly. Trigger also functions perfectly. It may be easier to get the old one out by removing the stock from the receiver so the trigger is not in the way. the Aluminum trigger guard with the longer opening can come off and on easily with the trigger in place.

I would call Knight Customer Service and tell them yours broke, I am sure they would just send you one to replace it. I don't think any gun company wants one of their rifles out there with a broken trigger guard. If they don't have a MK-85 trigger guard, I'm sure they know the aluminum ones off the Disc Rifles will work just the same. You may just want to request the aluminum one? They will hook you up.

I have often thought about switching mine out too, but now I know it is as simple as removing two screws and replacing. No inletting neccessary! ;)
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
Ranger J,

Did you ever get ahold of Knight about the trigger guard? Or are they shut down for the holidays? Let us know what you find out, it is always nice to know what kind of Customer Service any company is giving.

Thanks
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:21:36 AM »
No I haven't had time to do it yet.  My wife bought me a new 45 1911 for Christmas and I have been busy finding components for ammo, reloading for it and o yes trying to hit something with it. :D  I am having better luck with the first two than the last one. :D

RJ

Offline ourway77

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (134)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
If you pay the shipping I will send you a new one.  Send me a PM Lou I guess he wasn't interested in a trigger guard brand new Free, atleast he could have replied?
It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.