Author Topic: Bush should be in jail not this guy.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Bush should be in jail not this guy.
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:26:56 AM »

Muntadhar al Zeidi, who remains in custody, could face two years inside for insulting a foreign leader.

He requested the pardon in a letter delivered to prime minister Nouri al Maliki.

"It is too late now to regret the big and ugly act that I perpetrated," wrote al Zeidi, the Egypt-based correspondent for an Iraqi-owned television station.

He apparently went on in the letter to recall an interview he conducted with the prime minister in 2005 when al Maliki invited him into his home, saying: "Come in, it is your home too."

"So I ask for your pardon," al Zeidi wrote.

Iraq's president, Jalal Talabani, can issue constitutional pardons if recommended by the prime minister, with the exception of certain offences, including international crimes.

In Washington, a State Department spokesman confirmed the Iraqi authorities were dealing with the matter.

"We would hope that the fact of a US president standing next to a freely elected prime minister of Iraq who just happens to be Shia, who is governing in a multi-confessional, multi-ethnic democracy in the heart of the Middle East is not overshadowed by one incident like this," Sean McCormack said.

Al Maliki was standing next to Bush at the Sunday news conference when the incident happened.

Al Zeidi threw his shoes and shouted at Bush in Arabic: "This is your farewell kiss, you dog! This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."

The journalist was tackled to the ground by Iraqi and US security after throwing his shoes at Bush, who deftly ducked

Offline powderman

Re: Bush should be in jail not this guy.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:38:50 AM »
The shoe throwers Godless brothers have created 10X more widows and orphans than the Unites States military has. Another of your typical hate Bush, hate America posts. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:08:29 AM »
you are right on POWDERMAN maybe ms needs to move to Iraq ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41:59 AM »
I love my country but fear my government.

Offline jimster

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:17:47 AM »
point 1.

Pretty hard to put Bush in jail...you'd have to lock up all of congress as well..it took more than one person to do what it is that you do not like.  Of course...you still need to charge someone with something I would think before a few hundred + in Congress and Bush can go to jail....? 

point 2.  Lucky he threw his shoes at Bush instead of the X Iraqi president....or he, his family, and anyone
related would be dead, and probably torchered first as well. 

The time for Iraqi's to throw shoes and speak out is now...they could not do this unless they were a bit more free.  A lot more free...?  I also think if someone threw shoes at the president here...they would still be in jail?  Like someone at a press conference perhaps?   

And point three....you get to say Bush should be in jail....cause you are still free.  That's a good thing. 

Jim

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »

What country is that ms????? Miine is the United States of America. POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 06:46:08 AM »

What country is that ms????? Miine is the United States of America. POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
When America was a republic.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:42:23 AM »
ms, can we assume that you mean that Bush should go to jail for the Iraq war? I went through your post, and I can't figure out exactly what Bush did to deserve jail. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
ms, can we assume that you mean that Bush should go to jail for the Iraq war? I went through your post, and I can't figure out exactly what Bush did to deserve jail. gypsyman
SECTION 501 (Expatriation of Terrorists) expands the Bush administration'?s enemy combatant definition to all American citizens who may have violated any provision of Section 802 of the first Patriot Act.
(Section 802 is the new definition of domestic terrorism, and the definition is any action that endangers human life that is a violation of any Federal or State law. ) Section 501 of the second Patriot Act directly connects to Section 125 of the same act. The Justice Department boldly claims that the incredibly broad Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act isn? t broad enough and that a new, unlimited definition of terrorism is needed.

Under Section 501 a US citizen engaging in lawful activities can be grabbed off the street and thrown into a van never to be seen again. The Justice Department states that they can do this because the person had inferred from conduct that they were not a US citizen. Remember Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act states that any violation of Federal or State law can result in the enemy combatant terrorist designation.

SECTION 201 of the second Patriot Act makes it a criminal act for any member of the government or any citizen to release any information concerning the incarceration or whereabouts of detainees. It also states that law enforcement does not even have to tell the press who they have arrested and they never have to release the names.

SECTION 301 and 306 (Terrorist Identification Database) set up a national database of suspected terrorists and radically expand the database to include anyone associated with suspected terrorist groups and anyone involved in crimes or having supported any group designated as terrorist. These sections also set up a national DNA database for anyone on probation or who has been on probation for any crime, and orders State governments to collect the DNA for the Federal government.

SECTION 312 gives immunity to law enforcement engaging in spying operations against the American people and would place substantial restrictions on court injunctions against Federal violations of civil rights across the board.

SECTION 101 will designate individual terrorists as foreign powers and again strip them of all rights under the enemy combatant designation.

SECTION 102 states clearly that any information gathering, regardless of whether or not those activities are illegal, can be considered to be clandestine intelligence activities for a foreign power. This makes news gathering illegal.

SECTION 103 allows the Federal government to use wartime martial law powers domestically and internationally without Congress declaring that a state of war exists.

SECTION 106 is bone-chilling in its straightforwardness. It states that broad general warrants by the secret FSIA court (a panel of secret judges set up in a star chamber system that convenes in an undisclosed location) granted under the first Patriot Act are not good enough. It states that government agents must be given immunity for carrying out searches with no prior court approval. This section throws out the entire Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches and seizures.

SECTION 109 allows secret star chamber courts to issue contempt charges against any individual or corporation who refuses to incriminate themselves or others. This sections annihilate the last vestiges of the Fifth Amendment.

SECTION 110 restates that key police state clauses in the first Patriot Act were not sunsetted and removes the five year sunset clause from other subsections of the first Patriot Act. After all, the media has told us: this is the New America. Get used to it. This is forever.

SECTION 111 expands the definition of the enemy combatant designation.

SECTION 122 restates the government? s newly announced power of surveillance without a court order.

SECTION 123 restates that the government no longer needs warrants and that the investigations can be a giant dragnet-style sweep described in press reports about the Total Information Awareness Network. One passage reads, thus the focus of domestic surveillance may be less precise than that directed against more conventional types of crime.

SECTION 126 grants the government the right to mine the entire spectrum of public and private sector information from bank records to educational and medical records. This is the enacting law to allow ECHELON and the Total Information Awareness Network to totally break down any and all walls of privacy.

The government states that they must look at everything to determine if individuals or groups might have a connection to terrorist groups. As you can now see, you are guilty until proven innocent.

SECTION 127 allows the government to takeover coroners? and medical examiners operations whenever they see fit.

SECTION 128 allows the Federal government to place gag orders on Federal and State Grand Juries and to take over the proceedings. It also disallows individuals or organizations to even try to quash a Federal subpoena. So now defending yourself will be a terrorist action.

SECTION 129 destroys any remaining whistleblower protection for Federal agents.

SECTION 202 allows corporations to keep secret their activities with toxic biological, chemical or radiological materials.

SECTION 205 allows top Federal officials to keep all their financial dealings secret, and anyone investigating them can be considered a terrorist. This should be very useful for Dick Cheney to stop anyone investigating Haliburton.

SECTION 303 sets up national DNA database of suspected terrorists. The database will also be used to stop other unlawful activities. It will share the information with state, local and foreign agencies for the same purposes.

SECTION 311 federalizes your local police department in the area of information sharing.

SECTION 313 provides liability protection for businesses, especially big businesses that spy on their customers for Homeland Security, violating their privacy agreements. It goes on to say that these are all preventative measures â?? has anyone seen Minority Report? This is the access hub for the Total Information Awareness Network.

SECTION 321 authorizes foreign governments to spy on the American people and to share information with foreign governments.

SECTION 322 removes Congress from the extradition process and allows officers of the Homeland Security complex to extradite American citizens anywhere they wish. It also allows Homeland Security to secretly take individuals out of foreign countries.

SECTION 402 is titled Providing Material Support to Terrorism. The section reads that there is no requirement to show that the individual even had the intent to aid terrorists.

SECTION 403 expands the definition of weapons of mass destruction to include any activity that affects interstate or foreign commerce.

SECTION 404 makes it a crime for a terrorist or other criminals to use encryption in the commission of a crime.

SECTION 408 creates lifetime parole (basically, slavery) for a whole host of crimes.

SECTION 410 creates no statute of limitations for anyone that engages in terrorist actions or supports terrorists. Remember: any crime is now considered terrorism under the first Patriot Act.

SECTION 411 expands crimes that are punishable by death. Again, they point to Section 802 of the first Patriot Act and state that any terrorist act or support of terrorist act can result in the death penalty.

SECTION 421 increases penalties for terrorist financing. This section states that any type of financial activity connected to terrorism will result to time in prison and $10-50,000 fines per violation.

SECTIONS 427 sets up asset forfeiture provisions for anyone engaging in terrorist activities.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »
While totally disagreeing with some of the patroit act, and agreeing with other parts, since this was passed by congress, does that mean all of them should go to jail too?(Actually, most of them should, but not just for this!) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »
While totally disagreeing with some of the patroit act, and agreeing with other parts, since this was passed by congress, does that mean all of them should go to jail too?(Actually, most of them should, but not just for this!) gypsyman
congress wasn't allowed to read the patroit yes put them all in jail.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
This shoe throwing guy could have just as easily been throwing hand grenades or pistol rounds. What were the Presidents security people doing? They should have be drawing weapons and perhaps using them. The prez looked very vulnerable and agile at the same time.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline jimster

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »
"congress wasn't allowed to read the patriot yes put them all in jail."

LOL!  Ya go with that....sure.  I am laughing so hard right now on this one I'm coughing. 

Now if you can go to court and prove nobody was allowed to read it...I say go for it. 

Hey maybe Barney Frank wasn't allowed to read anything on the housing commission either...that he was in charge of.  LOL!
I would bet you if people in congress voted on something they could not read...it's because they are incompetent  How many didn't read
the parts in the bail out packages that funneled tax payer money elsewhere?  A few hundred? 

I'm not a big Bush fan either...but man...talk about THIN!

Jim

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
This shoe throwing guy could have just as easily been throwing hand grenades or pistol rounds. What were the Presidents security people doing? They should have be drawing weapons and perhaps using them. The prez looked very vulnerable and agile at the same time.

Cheese
Cheese. I am sure anyone going into that building was searched and went through a metal detector as an American I am upset with this shoe thrower and should go to jail. It is assult for sure. I guess the security did not think of shoes as weapons. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline jimster

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »
If a president was holding a press conference here in the U.S, and someone was throwing shoes at him, he would be wrestled to the gound and roughed up as well, and I'm sure held for a long time too...and charged with whatever they could stick on that person. 
Well we know at least the president is alert and quick, that's a good sign of staying in shape.

Offline Casull

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »
congress wasn't allowed to read the patroit

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »
When America was a republic.

You must be quite old then ms.  America hasn't been a republic since Lincoln and the north killed the Republic.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »

Cheese
Cheese. I am sure anyone going into that building was searched and went through a metal detector as an American I am upset with this shoe thrower and should go to jail. It is assult for sure. I guess the security did not think of shoes as weapons. Dale
[/quot

The prez was left to defend him self. Security assumed this guy was throwing harmless objects, two times? Weapons can be stashed ahead of time by other people for an assassins use. I see a huge lapse of security here.

Cheese

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 02:23:01 AM »
Well, we've got less than a month to go, so hold your blood pressure down for a short time, and then you'll have a new president to get all shook up about. gypsyman

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 06:19:29 AM »
If you go back and read ms and tm post for about 6 months you will see they have both broken enough of these rules they are squealing about to be in jail.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline jimster

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 06:56:27 AM »
Sorry, I do not believe that the president was the only guy who knew all this......Congress knew the scoop, and are just as much to blame as Bush on every single thing.  

I read 400 pages or so of the last bail out bill in one afternoon....and was not paid to read it...you say right here in your post they had a few days...and they get paid big bucks don't they?  
They also must sign it into law....so now your telling me they sign things they don't read....which is what I said in my post!  Which means it ALL their fault....cause we put those idiots in charge, all 535 of them.  
Some of them DO read it though...and sign it anyways!  

Like I said...I'm not a real big Bush fan as it is...but you Bush haters are so wound up over one guy you let Congress slide...and they are the main cause of everything...unbelievable you could be so blind as to let those morons off the hook like that all because of your hate for one guy.

And your right about one thing...things will not get any better....cause the next president was picked from this worthless Congress....and his VP is also from this Congress who signs everything you dislike into law.
I wonder if THEY WILL READ ANYTHING NOW put before them...or maybe 400 pages is too much to fit in to the health spa and dinner schedules.  

I think it's funny you guys think President Bush does all this by himself,  and you put out this idea that all of Congress is sitting in a room with no idea what's going on at all....makes me laugh out loud.  
There are people in Congress who knew every single thing the president knew...and knows....you can bet on it.  

Biden has been hanging in there for over three decades,  and looky what we got.  We got him as your next VP...so yes, you are correct, nothing will get better at all,  because he IS responsible for every single thing we have today that we do not agree with....a fine choice!  

This will be great...a Chicago politician with no experience in anything but collecting money,  and a 30 year democrat so entrenched in doing nothing at all except getting in the way, he doesn't know HOW to do anything else...and they sign things they don't read...LOL!!

Give it a break fellas....Congress is up to their ears in everything and the main reason things will not change.  Anyone who believes they don't know what's going on has fallen right into their plan.  

Who you going to point at next?  I'll tell you who,  Senator Obama will be next, after Congress somehow tries to make you believe they just did not know anything.  Good for reelection though...ask Biden, he knows how it works.

I suppose Barney Frank was not allowed to read anything either before Freddie and Fannie collapsed...ya...right...his office was shut down for a while.  

If it was true what you say about Congress not knowing a thing and Bush doing it all by himself...Congress would have had things in motion a long time ago, and Bush would already be gone....and you know it.
Instead I get some hog wash about they only had a few days to READ a few hundred pages.,....gee...how did they get their degrees in school?  Makes ya wonder.

Washington is chuck full of people that are corrupt, and all you can do is point at ONE person...then hang your hopes on ONE person to take his place.

Good luck!

Offline Casull

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 06:57:24 AM »
Anybody supporting this P. Act and the following Military Commissions Act probably was asleep in civics class or is a paranoid fascist at heart.

Does this include the majority in Congress who voted to pass it?

congress wasn't allowed to read the patroit

This is what ms said.  And, it is not true.  If they chose not to make the effort to read it, or voted for it without reading it, that is not the same as them not being allowed to read it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 07:00:24 AM »
Execellent post jimster.  I made my last post as you were making yours, and you said much more clearly what I was attempting to convey. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »
I tend to feel most all politicians are power hungry scum out for them selves and to get $ outa our pockets. Just gota vote for the best of the worst. In the end they are all the same.

Most Americans really don't know what it is to be an American. Try to live overseas, in a Muslam country as an American, it will teach you what it means, there isn't anything better out there than the USA. Yup, we aren't perfect but you should see the other choices. Some of you guys are living the dream, and pissing on it. Just sad.

If that guy had tossed a shoe at Saddam he would still be hanging by his sack. Bush laughed it off as just another ignorant rag, and that's all it was. An idiot, like the flag burners here, every country has them.

"If it bleeds we can kill it" Dutch

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 09:04:56 AM »
Why put President Bush in jail ?
He may have made a mistake or two but he did what most thought should be done after 9/11 . He stuck with it when alto of officials jumped ship !
I find it funny we get ticked off over a shoe but sit back and watch them burn Bush look alike dolls and American flags !
Would some left wing pos make up a PC list of what to get pizzed about and what not to , I can't keep up anymore since it ain't based on common sense anymore !
Give Bush about 10 min. in a room with the shoe thrower then send in someone to extract the shoe out of his back side bet he would keep his shoes on his feet after that . Toby Kieth had a verse in a song that would fit right now !
is that PC ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 09:39:34 AM »
that will be something to beat Grant and  Carter
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »
"congress wasn't allowed to read the patriot yes put them all in jail."

LOL!  Ya go with that....sure.  I am laughing so hard right now on this one I'm coughing. 

Now if you can go to court and prove nobody was allowed to read it...I say go for it. 

Hey maybe Barney Frank wasn't allowed to read anything on the housing commission either...that he was in charge of.  LOL!
I would bet you if people in congress voted on something they could not read...it's because they are incompetent  How many didn't read
the parts in the bail out packages that funneled tax payer money elsewhere?  A few hundred? 

I'm not a big Bush fan either...but man...talk about THIN!

Jim

Well actually jimster it is a well publicized FACT, that Congress and the Senate were forced into a vote on the Patriot Act before ANY OF THEM, were allowed to read it. Even Fox news reported this, and Congress and the Senate COMPLIED, and then Bush tried to coerce them into making if PERMANENT.
It would seem in this case, that on this issue, ms is BETTER INFORMED than you.
Also when OBAMA starts ABUSING FURTHER, the tools that Bush gave him to use on us you will not be so proud of your Mr. Bush, whom I also voted for, and am sorely disappointed in. Bush also tried to get Congress and the Senate to RESURRECT resurrect the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban and vote to make it PERMANENT, stating he would sign it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »
In actuality the President cannot FORCE Congress to do anything. He merely as I recall made a threat that if they did not pass it immediately and if then something happened that might could have been prevented had it been passed he would dump blame on them.

That's hardly forcing and since no one seems to remember anything come election day anyway it was a meaningless threat. Congress is a bunch of losers who should all be replaced and strict term limits put into place.

I'd like to see ALL political offices have a term limit set of four years MAX and no encumbant could run for the office again for a minimum of ten years and if elected then could never again serve in a political office again for life. I'd like to see an easy way to have recall elections or vote of confidence elections either one year after election or at the mid point of term or both. If they are voted down in a simple up or down vote someone else is appointed to complete the term until the next election when the office would be refilled by a new person.

The people should be able to recall Judges as well and if they try to legislate from the bench they should immediately be up for a recall vote.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »
I suppose a better word would have been "pressured", but "pressured" they indeed were. That they caved is evident, just as they did when he (Bush) once again started screaming the sky is falling on the bail out bill. Now he has successfully "pressured" them into socializing our banking system, and when they refused to bail out the auto industry, HE DID.
Yea, Yea, I know. More Bush bashing. But the truth is the truth. He has in a big way, turned socialist.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
Yup pressured they were and they buckled under it like a wet kleenex trying to hold up a cannon ball. They knew what they were doing and just plain didn't care.

I had high hopes for Bush when he first took office. I really was fooled by him and thought him an honorable man who'd make a great not just good President. Boy was I wrong. I actually rank him as worse than Klinton or Carter really. I think he has done more harm to the US Consitution, freedom and liberty in this once great nation than any two other Presidents before him ever did. This nation under his Presidency has crumbled in a way I'd never have believed possible in such a short time.

Worst still tho he has left behind him a legacy that this next bozo going in will use to finish off the task he started. I'll be surprised if there even is a free and open election in 2012 or that any of us here will still be free and still own and use guns as we do today. He caused to be put in place legislation that has and will effectively end freedom in the US.

In my mind Bush goes down as the single worst President this nation has ever had. But he should not worry about it as the next will surely replace him in that role.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!