Author Topic: Hearing Enhancers  (Read 544 times)

Offline Bucky

• Trade Count: (0)
Hearing Enhancers
« on: August 19, 2003, 09:35:16 AM »
Has anyone tried/used the hearing enhancers (such as Walker's Game Ear, or any others) to help them hunt for game such as Mule Deer or Black Bears?  If you have, did these hearing devices significantly help in locating the game?  

I have often been hunting/glassing an opposite slope about 500 to 1,500 yards away and heard something knocking rocks down the opposite slope, and numerous times I have not been able to locate the deer or bighorn (it could have been in a side canyon). 8)

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Hearing Enhancers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 05:58:37 AM »
:D I tried some when I used my 7X 30 waters contender for deer. They are like earmuffs that amplify. Unfortunately I dropped them down the side of the hill and lost some of the batteries. So they spent their time in my pack. The small ones that fit in your ear may help more and be easier to use. Ive often seen the same senario you describe. :oops:

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Hearing Enhancers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 12:08:45 PM »
I use Walker's products.  Their Game Ear II in the field hunting and their Quad Muffs at the range.  After 40 plus years of hunting/shooting and 20 plus years as a LEO these things will take toll on your hearing and anything that brings it back I'm willing to try.  Walker's work.  Period.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.